1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR is a must for Directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for bringing this up pete, alot of people forget about the power of a good press release, including myself. I've been telling myself to do this for awhile now but keep putting it off. I also noticed that there are not really alot of directories listed on prweb, hopefully that will change once everyone catches on.

banless, Jan 16, 2008 IP
    britishguy likes this.
  2. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    You are correct banless, press releases can be good, but they can be VERY dangerous if not done correctly.

To Pipes: This is confirming my intitial lookings. The 'office' in England is a house which to me is not too suspicious as many peoples work like this but when information listed is fake as this appears it is to be treated with much caution.

@jhmatten: What I am looking for is transparency with one who claims they are more than what they are. It is acceptable to portray a professional image, we all like to puff our chests a little, this is what I do for a primary living but to use fake identities is to decieve and this motive must be questioned must it not?

I am suspecting this is not a smart move to boast of one's use of Press Releases in this case but possibly britishguy can be coming back to us with valid explantions why his details are not being accurate on checking?

Jaboora, Jan 16, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First before shooting from the hip, get your facts straight, our company owns the property in UK

And moreover we take exception to you posting information, which is at best malicious and at worst libellous

No doubt, you will not withdraw but make no mistakes we will act unless your inference is withdrawn unconditionally :eek:

Thats just the way we set up it does not cause us or our client's a problem, we have a group of companies around the world.

Many International Companies have independent company centers, we are no different

We set up that way as we were advised

britishguy, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely no withdraw from me, its a post on a forum, check my whois for my directories and you can send any legal action to my address, i can confirm that my whois holds my full first and second name, my full address in birmingham UK, my own mobile number and my domain is certified with godaddy which means its been checked against my email address and mobile number and my email address is my main isp email address, a blueyonder extension but their now called virgin media, nearest office in small heath birmingham i believe.

Il give you my middle name by pm too to make sure any legal ducuments are not mistaken as being for anyone other than me.

pipes, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Those addresses dont tally pete do they, how come some people on the forums are always shooting their mouth of suggesting other people are not to be trusted and talking in certain ways?

Well im going to make one suggestion, i mean it in the most polite way, ive suggested it before on other threads and its this fact, that unless anyone knows that their near saint like and can confidently promote themselves as nothing other than straight, that they refrain from name calling, jumping on newcomers to any section and suggesting that anyone else is doing anything wrong.

I make it my policy to never make private my info, transparency always.

How people do business is their own business but guys think before you get to full of yourselves and point the finger and suggest that anyone is anything less than yourselves.

pipes, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  6. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Can you please read my post again, thank you where did I address that reply to you, the answer is un-equivocally, no where

I replied cordially and professionally to your post

Thank You :)

All those addresses tally thank you :)

7. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Pete, I really enjoyed this version of PR, I feel that is an amazing thing for a niche directory :)

Red_Virus, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  8. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Thanks Red_Virus and so do many others, because we are only following what millions of other companies do

i.e

That is release a PR Press Release:cool:

9. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well apologies as i read it directed at me, i see it possibly wasn't, but i still dont see the addresses as fitting who they are supposed.

I hope many members read and take on board the fact that others will look into things if egos persist.

Its getting a little tiring now reading the costant things that i feel is out of control at times.

Remember make sure you are squeeky clean before pointing the finger at anyone from now on.

pipes, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  10. britishguy

Best Answers:
    It was not necessary for a post apology, but of course it is fully accepted :)
    Thank You

We are just hard working people but please understand that I have a bunch of directors and investors to report to, so it makes situations much clearer when they understand and can see transparency and accountablitity

Thanks again pipes :cool:

11. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    For those interested, you do NOT have to change the links in the press releases. I heard back from Joe, and they're having the IT department look into it and fix it for all releases, regardless of release date - so they'll be live automatically, even on old releases. Just thought you may want to know. :)

jhmattern, Jan 16, 2008 IP
    britishguy and uttoransen like this.
  12. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Thats great feedback Jenn thanks for following up with your support services

No need to comment further Jenn's actions endorse themselves :cool:

jhmattern likes this.
  13. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    Cowboys be shooting from hip, I am Indian. I have nothing to be withdrawing from. I am seeing perhaps that attack is being the best formation of defence? 12 Paddock way for example. Would the Local Electorate registry be having this residence as a company owned property? I am just asking this question not to be finding surprises when digging further if you are wanting me to.

Then you are surely to be knowing that you must be providing companies registration numbers at correspondence (Companies Act 1985), sse quote;

This is applying to international law not just UK.
    Not being in disagreement but then if you are being an "International Company" or group of them then you are surely not to be having any reservations of publishing company numbers because if you would not be doing that I would be in difficult positioning that a law abiding citizen finds themselves in. Do they report the person who is breaking the law as they are duty bound to be doing?

So to be putting finer point on things for you I would be happily 'withdrawing' my concerns if you are to be presenting clarity the following.

Company registration details, this is so I can be looking at legitimacy of your claims to be a group of international companies and as big as you are being portraying.

Lastly to be guiding you a little better for future for you, fax number +1.5555555555 that you are providing on domain name registration is not being working, too many 5's perhaps? whois.ws/whois-com/ip-address/cityjournalistdirectory.com/ Your telephone number did work to nice lady voicemail service, a shame as I would be liking to interview you to be getting factual.

So I would be advising you in the interests of your 'Directors' and 'Investors' to be running your international group of companies to be doing this correctly.

Why do I be asking these questions? Because I am wanting to start in directory business also but wanting to look at who I can be trusting and who I must be looking to be careful from.

To be ending this post I am of sure mind that pipes apologised for thinking you were attacking him an not for posting what facts he be posting. Do your company details tally being that I do not find this to be such the case.

Thanking you.

Jaboora, Jan 16, 2008 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  14. jbeaul

jbeaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Jenn and dhruv - thanks for the heads up about the trailing commas getting automagically incorporated into the URL being linked to (and thusly making it a dead link). In talking with our IT staff I discovered this has been an issue they've dealt with before (before I came on with the company). Apparently there are valid URLs which contain commas so our link detection has been set to accommodate them. It is a damned if we do and damned if we don't scenario. I'm still lobbying to get it switched since I can't remember the last time I saw a comma in a URL. If I'm successful, once switched it will affect all pages on our site.

Thanks again.

Joe Beaulaurier
    PRWeb

jbeaul, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  15. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Thank you for taking the time to post on this thread :)

We appreciate your quick and valued support

------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnote for others
    At the time we issued this PR just over 90 days ago, all our company data relative, to our locations and addresses was at the time accurate

We have as all our customers know since moved offices, and our staff are updating all information as quickly as possible

16. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    Your footnote is being duly noted and a question is being asked to providing company details that were there 90 days ago as they are not being looking correct as pipes noted. You was being offending to me by saying I must be getting my facts correctly but now you are ducking out of my challenge to you to prove I was not correct.

Please be remembering that company and property details are being on record for many years and are to follow a person for long time too. Moral of story is to be being honest from the starting point and not making up tall stories in a bid to be drumming up business.

I would be kindly thanking you if you would be posting updated details on accuracy here for me as I am most interested in your 'International group of Companies' therefore my intitial requesting for your details I am being sure you have no objection in providing?

Thanking you kindly.

Jaboora, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  17. britishguy

Best Answers:
    When we have any more information to publish we will of course publish at the appropriate time, place and venue

Please watch the threads on a daily basis and I am sure all the information will be/or is available/or is historically recorded somewhere in this forum or on the web

Thank You :cool:

18. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    I am to be watching these forums on daily basis but am puzzling why you are to be continued to avoid answering my questions? What are you having to hide for you should not be having objections to supporting claims with evidence of such boastful claims. Why do you wear sunglasses after posts?

Jaboora, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  19. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Look if you want some information then rest assurred 100% it is not going to be posted here, as it will be available elsewhere on the net or otherwise already

Why don't you just send a cordial PM and request the information :)

Thanks so much for your valued interest in our Profile

20. Jaboora

Jaboora Banned

Best Answers:
    You are welcome, but it is not being your profile that is of interest, it is the legitimacy of it. I am finding much information already which is why I am to be asking you to clear some confusions. I am to be asking you on pm also.

Jaboora, Jan 16, 2008 IP
    CReed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.