1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

uh oh...i predict big riots (Muhammed cartoons)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dsm56, Feb 1, 2006.

In case no-ones heard of this yet...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4670370.stm

As much as I agree with the papers that published it, this will not be good for europe (i live in the uk). I think this will really piss of the muslims, and they will turn to violence. Already stores are being trashed that have danish goods in them.
    I cant believe muslims just dont respect our freedom. If it does turn violent, I guess im just going to have to dig out my baseball bat, and get in touch with william wallace.
    Freedom!

Anyway...being serious...It really annoys me how muslims want to take away our free speech. If they are going to live in our countries they should respect that we live in a free western world, unlike where they came from.

dsm56, Feb 1, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster and iskandar like this.
  2. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, that will be a big problem, at least the papers showed some cahoonah's :D

Henny, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  3. digimania

digimania Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, if this problem won't be settled as early as possible then, I expect a very serious problem these coming days.

digimania, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  4. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I don't fully understand it :eek: But I don't think it was a nice thing to do. In a way it's sort of ''dissing'' their religion/beliefs etc etc.

That's pretty disrespectful. Not to me personally, but I can understand why muslims would be pretty seething and find it offensive.

MELLA, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  5. flOid

flOid Active Member

Best Answers:
    If some Arabian newspaper would mock Jesus in the same, blasphenic way, there surely would be not a very friendly reaction in the western world as well, especially in the USA, where there are the worst Christian fundamentalist scum, although probaply not that massive.

Just another proof how dangerous religion is, and how desastrous it is for our society.

flOid, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    iskandar and TommyD like this.
  6. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, since almost daily there is some anti-christian program, report, cartoon, and I still have seen no riots, threats of kidnapping or beheading????

Where have you seen this happen, since it obviously isn't mentioned anywhere.

debunked, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  7. flOid

flOid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Proof? Actually many non-fundamentalist Muslims are quiet respectfull towards Chistianity since Mohamed was explicitly praising Chistianity before other religions.

flOid, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  8. debunked

Best Answers:
    click on CNN or nytimes or latimes or ??

I guess I am not pointing at muslim countries but the US, UK, france, etc.. It has become common to make fun of Christians, it is called freedom of speach, but don't turn it around or you are called: bigot, racist, etc.. It is quite a funny game they play here under what is called "politically correct" and "freedom of speach"

debunked, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  9. flOid

flOid Active Member

Best Answers:
    don't pretend to be that stupid...

I have no problems with blasphemia. I think there should be the right to blasphemia everywhere, anytime. Blasphemia kicks ass! :p

But I guess many people in the US, including your great president, don't share this view, and are whining now about "their freedom being taken away from muslims" now, while they never would tolerate simular anti-Christian blasphemia by Muslims. Same old US hypocricy again.

But still there is a difference wether Chistians make fun of Chistians, or religions are mocking each other driven by chauvinism and a feeling supriority, and simply of believing to have the one and only "right faith", as it's obviesly the case when you want to "turn it around".

flOid, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  10. debunked

Best Answers:
    You must have missed something, because nothing you wrote makes any sense.

I didn't say anything about Christians making fun of Christians. It is the non-christians saying things or mocking Christians.

So I am not sure what you are saying.... Sorry....

debunked, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  11. flOid

flOid Active Member

Best Answers:
    well you said that you was reffering to "CNN or LA Times", which most likely are ran by Chistians, so it is Christians making fun of Chistians. I'm just saying that this can't be compared to anti-christian blasphemia by Muslims, and vice versa.

flOid, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  12. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually the problem wasn't as much from the original drawings, they are actually pretty innocent, some of them doesn't even feature Muhammed, but instead jokes about how the paper comissioned the drawings for PR purposes, they where largely ignored untill some Danish imams, traveled the middle east rallying people against Denmark, but only with these drawings but also some that where never published thrown in, amongst others they show Muhammed as a pig, as raped by a dog while praying and such.

Yes, the drawings where a stupid idea, but we now have extremist muslims making bomb threats against the newspaper, issuing fatwas and demanding an apollogy from both our goverment and our queen and that they censor the newspaper in the future, which they ofcouse can not do.

I work for a danish newspaper so this is kind of close to home...

The original drawings can be seen on wikipedia btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammed_drawings

blinxdk, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  13. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, please, every day there's muslims blashpeming the US and Europe. Their media does it, their people do it, and even their governments do it. That they get all upset about a little cartoon just show what hypocrits they are, they can dish it out in buckets but one little drop coming back their way and they're all ready to strap bombs on their chests and kill our children.

petertdavis, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    iskandar likes this.
  14. flOid

flOid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Again, proof please! It's just not true. There is plenty of anti-American propaganda in the Arabian media, but surely not much of anti-Christian blasphemia.

I'm pretty sure BTW that US bombs and bullets have killed hundres as many children in the middle east as all suicide bombers ever did combined...so stop whining about "killing our children", this is just pathetic.

flOid, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  15. debunked

Best Answers:
    Just because they are in the USA it doesn't make them Christians. That would be like saying everyone in the US is white because the president is white. Wayyyyy off.

So you have a little bit of learning to do. The USA was founded on Christian principles and many Christians in leadership in the beginning, but many are non-christian, supposedly a high number of muslims even. We have mormons, jahovah witnesses, muslims, buddhists and every other religion in the USA.

debunked, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  16. debunked

Best Answers:
    Iranian president says that the holocaust never happened and then says the Jews need to be taken off the face of the earth (with his nuclear missles no doubt) I suppose that isn't anti-jew in any way either.

debunked, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  17. flOid

flOid Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm aware of that, and I do appreciate that diversity. However, I don't see any opinion making major media company in the US being owned by Muslims, as well as I don't have never seen any blasphemic content on CNN which is remotely compareble to what was published in that Danish newspaper.

flOid, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  18. flOid

flOid Active Member

Best Answers:

Of course it is. It's bullshit, and if I recall correctly, there have been more than angry reactions to it throuout the world, Bush might even take this as a part of a pretext for military action against Iran. That's my whole point, the Arab world is constantly being rebuked for anti-semitism and to a lesser extent, anti-Christianism while now the whole western world is relying on "free speech" to defend that stupid cartoons. I do understand that in the eyes of many Muslims this is seen as nothing as pure hypocricy.

flOid, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  19. debunked

Best Answers:
    I didn't say that it was muslims, You said if this happened to Christians they would have riots. Well, the mockery they have tried to make of Christ on movies, TV, comics, etc... that have happened over the years has not ever, to my knowledge, started a Christian riot, bombers, gunfights, etc... If you don't think it is happening then you are not aware, I don't blame you though, you probably don't care if it does and wouldn't notice it, even if it happened in front of you.

Many large corps are owned by people who don't believe in God or islam. So in a sense, they are nuetral, but the media in the USA will not say much against muslims because it is not 'politically correct'

debunked, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  20. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not at all only Christians they'll go after. They'll go after anyone that they don't consider a true muslim. They'll go after Israel primarily, but also Hindus, Buddhists, and even deliver atrocities on their own people who've stepped out of line according to their religious beliefs.

petertdavis, Feb 2, 2006 IP