1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it bad to submit the same article to several article directories?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by gregdavidson, Jan 7, 2008.

I just wrote an article and I plan on submitting it to about 100 article directories. Is this bad for your seo? The only thing I want is the backlink and don't care too much if the article shows up in a top spot on Google.

gregdavidson, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  2. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is what I've done in the past. I've not had a problem.

andheresjohnny, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  3. shaila

shaila Guest

Best Answers:
    I think there is no problem with that and it not bad for SEO. It is important that you submit article that has unique and fresh content.

shaila, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  4. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    It's actually a good thing and the search engines eat it up. See this site by Travis Sago on details of how to do it right:
    http://www.bummarketingmethod.com

Best...

RockyMtnHi, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  5. lychee

lychee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you wont get as much page-rank juice as you would if you made each article unique.
    may I invite you to view this thread?

If you give me one article, I will rewrite it manually to convert it to 500 unique versions and submit it to 500 unique article sites.
    That'll give you power!

lychee, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  6. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely is BAD thing. Duplicated content is worthless. Google only cares about the first website where it found your article published. All other will be ignored and considered dupes. You should write different versions of the same article to submit to different article directories.

earticles, Jan 15, 2008 IP
    WatchOut likes this.
  7. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main reason I'm submitting is for the backlink. Not to get my article in the top ten for some random phrase.

gregdavidson, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  8. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your forgeting the entire reason that article directories exist. They are a place where you can go to get content for your websites ezines etc. Therefore you expect any article you send to an article directory to become duplicate content.

Being on a duplicate content page does not necessarily mean that Google discounts every link on the page or even that the page will not get PR. It only means that page will not show up in the SERPs. If your article ends up being on a heavily traveled site, you might even get a decent amount of traffic from the page.

adacprogramming, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  9. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The chances of that happening are probably very slim. It's almost like getting your name drawn out of a hat. Unless of course you're a famous writer and only submitted your article to that one directory

gregdavidson, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  10. affiliatesheree

affiliatesheree Peon

Best Answers:
    No, this is not bad. You should even post your article on your blog. This is done for exposure and expert positioning. Others are going to use your articles on their sites too. Is this bad? Of course not, it's what you want. Each place you submit gives you a one-way backlink to your site.

It's best to just do the major high PR directories so you're not just wasting your time. Don't use article submission software either.

The duplicate content issue means within your own site, not having your content all over the web.

One more thing about submitting articles...

Don't Forget Deep Linking!!!

Sheree

affiliatesheree, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  11. RockyMtnHi

RockyMtnHi Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, what are the top article directories for SEO that you recommend?

RockyMtnHi, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  12. affiliatesheree

affiliatesheree Peon

Best Answers:
    affiliatesheree, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  13. Danner

Danner Peon

Best Answers:
    Put yourself in Google's shoes for a second.

1. You find an identical article all over the web. Ok, that's not that unusual, happens all the time with news stories.

2. You find it on untrusted sites which contains a lot of other duplicate material (article directories). Hmmm, looks a bit fishy...

3. You see that the title of the page, the links at the bottom of the page and the meta tags for the page are identical to pages you've seen elsewhere. This article doesn't provide anything new, maybe someone is trying to artificially build links.. so discount the links on these pages.

If you're trying to build links from article directories, I think you need to spin each submission, including title, summary, keywords, anchor text and URL (all these elements are used to generate the pages within an article directory, including meta tags) otherwise they will be discounted.

If the article is then used by other sites, that's great because it will be surrounded by other unique content, the layout might be changed, the meta information for the page will be unique etc, so it looks like unique content again.

I'm not aware of any article submission software that does this. There are article generators out there though, but I'm not sure the quality of the output is very good.

Danner, Jan 16, 2008 IP