1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bid Directory Design Ripped from Alive Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mikey1090, Jan 15, 2008.

?

Is this a RIP OFF of alivedirectory.com or not?

1. Yes

76.5%
  2. No

23.5%
  1. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1 - I am not a god. I have never said or tried to act like one.
    2 - Where do I bitch? Yes I am quite aggressive sometimes but I want to make sure I am heard loud and clear. I am also very positive a lot of the time. Check the threads where you announced your custom design. Did I bitch there?
    3 - I spoke with 2 others before making this thread. I also know I sent a PM and stated that in my first post, so your proof is not needed. If the only point in this thread was to raise awareness for the site owner and others around him then I am glad I did it.
    4 - Sergey Aspidov is the owner of realwd.com and the talented designer of zorg-links. That would be like me saying your 2 bid directories look similar. Same designer same styles. Not copied intentionally.

Im sorry if I have offended you in any way, it wasn't my intention ever. Perhaps I'll take a break from posting around here. I thought it was appreciated but perhaps not.

@ Watchout, glad to hear your decision. I hope you didnt pay a lot for that design and hope you will tell us the designers name.

mikey1090, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  2. werewe12

werewe12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread seems a bit elementary. Is this the image you all want to set as an industry?

werewe12, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  3. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That should end dtm's accusation. Topic finished!

That should end, this thread's objective! LOL :D

Let's end it now guys. Shake hands...Kisses and hugs! Say bye! And let's waste our time somewhere else now! Shall we? :rolleyes:

iPod, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  4. aspidov

aspidov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    aspidov, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  5. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:

I have worn my dad's specs since I couldn't see similarities,... OH no... It still looks different to me. :eek:

Aspidov, have I turned blind... :D ??

humm, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  6. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    The orange bar is the same, that's all?

lol.

Agent_Dweeb, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  7. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:
    i cant speak for watchout here.

I know WatchOut unlike you he doesnt disclose information like that because he rather get things done by pm and doesnt ever knock on someone. If so, he handles all through pm.

dtm, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  8. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I never said he did do it intentionally, did I. It was rather his attitude and reluctance to change/be bothered about it when I did PM him.

As the saying goes, dont shoot the messenger. I'd like to hear a reply to your other statements aimed at me though.

9. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:

Im not like you, I would take that into private discussions.
    but for me you crossed a line.
    and i dont think i want to discuss that with you anymore?

dtm, Jan 15, 2008 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  10. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    As an update, the new design is being made. It is completly unique, got a preview and never, ever seen a directory using that design, not even similiar with any web directory.

- Meti

WatchOut, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  11. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Glad to hear it. I never thought you were a scammer or bad person, just sad to see that a public thread had to help make you decide.

12. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:
    i have really no words for you mikey.
    how you twist your way here, it is not to describe.

watchout was defendant because he did not order a RIP version, he ordered a template that was suppose to be unique
    i know for a fact that he ordered a new template right away.
    before you even posted the poll.

you couldnt wait to blow the whistle, and go snitching around.

if you had a little respect to others, you would give him some time to take all down and get a new template on.

but i guess thats not in the dictionary of a whistle blower.

but i get it mikey, this way you beat down competition.
    and you think you gain respect.

dtm, Jan 15, 2008 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  13. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am getting a little upset at your negativity towards me. How am I twisting things? I say things like they are. The reply I had from watchout was a "well if thats you opinion, fine, but I like the template".

If when I PMed him he instantly ordered a new one, why did it take my PM to make him take action? Why had he uploaded the template in the first place?

I am not a whistle blower. I made this thread/poll to proove that it was not me being harsh and to see if others felt the same. Rob (an0n) also advised me to make a thread. He also posted in another thread his opinion, but I dont see you attacking him..

Also how do I have anything to gain from this? Why would I use this as a way to "beat down the competition"???

14. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Mike what is the problem, you seem to be such a hard person to convince. I wasn't aware of the way it had been designed, what in that sentence is hard to understand?

So just because someone asks you to create a thread you do so? That is low. You know, I thought you were more of a intelligent man, don't make that change Mike, the way you are turning things they are going way off here.

Seriously, why do you need to open this thread? I thought you already knew the users views before you opened this thread, don't play stupid, I suppose you can figure out the main reason for starting this thread.

It will probably be my very last input on this topic. I don't have time for these discussions, got better things to take care of.

- Meti

WatchOut, Jan 15, 2008 IP
    Brian1970 and Ibn Juferi like this.
  15. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:
    :eek:

yeah right keep denying:rolleyes:

dtm, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  16. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    mikey1090"I never said he did do it intentionally, did I."

It looked that way on your first post!

mikey"Glad to hear it. I never thought you were a scammer or bad person, just sad to see that a public thread had to help make you decide."

So why post this?

mikey"The issue in discussion is that www.avantlinks.com has ripped/copied/stolen a lot of the design and code from www.alivedirectory.com"

Like some have posted move on, none of this helps us.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Jan 15, 2008 IP
    WatchOut likes this.
  17. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok let me see dtm who are you first of all and how are you related to WatchOut ? Let watchout do his talking as he ordered a custom design and got ripped. I was in the same situation with the mod issue when the programmer used the javascript from another mod developer. Now get back to track ... public is a better way because owners take faster action. Second, WatchOut has made several posts which made him seem like that he either know alot about directories or BS all the time. One if he know alot about webdirectories he should've figured out by himself that his directory was a rip off from alive... obviously he didn't so that means he BS about all the stuff he talks about ??

No ... i know the intention wasn't there so lets forgo this issue and get back to normal.

@dtm: attacking any other forum member will not get you anywhere ... it will only get you a few infarctions, red reps and in the end you have one person who will never be on your side. Make as many friends as you can along the way ... One industry we stand together ... even though by giving each other competition but not bein each other's rival.

All i have to say.

smub, Jan 15, 2008 IP