1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Updates have begun !

Discussion in 'Google' started by nicerolex, Jan 24, 2006.

1. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not seeing any changes yet. Where there has been a couple of different PR levels over the last 2 weeks have settled down to all being the same again.
    I'm seeing massive variations in indexed pages across the DC's though.

jlawrence, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  2. dakman

dakman Peon

Best Answers:
    right now google.com is rotating SERPs from DC's some big daddy ..some non big daddy...

all i know is when the new DC's are fully propogated with the new results, just like most updates but even more in this one, some will love it, some will hate it...

so far it looks like for me and dozens of other spam-free sites i monitor daily it looks like its going to do more harm then good...

indexed page counts are way low ... ive read other forums where some completely spam-free have gone from 17,000 pages to 100 that are appearing on the big daddy dc's...

i'm experiencing similiar results and ive seen so many other sites that are too with the new results...

on the bright side you get matt and others reporting more indexed pages as a result...

You know here's the truth and im sure many of you can relate:

Does it sometimes frustrates you how unpredictable google or others can be... its like the locus of control... google has it...

im sure other webmasters like myself feel the same way about it... we can control our content... our link development.. etc
    but at the end of the day one algo shift or new update we cant control it... cant control sandbox or aging...

dont get me wrong the benefits can be huge if you are able to leverage google serp's... and im going to continue to fight the SEO battle and win as ive done many times in the past ... but also instead of trying to predict the latest google update all day i try to maintain some sanity and stick to PPC which I can control pretty much 99.9% of the time..

dakman, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. kanpur

kanpur Peon

Best Answers:
    Results on this update are becoming visible on some data centres. Bigdaddy will be visisble soon.

kanpur, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  4. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you a robot ?

Cristian Mezei, Feb 2, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  5. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If yes, he must be "googlekanpurbot" :)

maldives, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  6. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it not? 109k pages crawled from google bot? that's like one page every 0.8 seconds in a 24 hour period. Does it crawl faster than that??? :) :)

nddb, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  7. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    big daddy is visible now if you want to type it in manually. And even those results fluctuate greatly in terms of indexed pages for me from day to day, sometimes every few hours.

SportsOutlaw, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  8. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    http://www.photos.webxperience.org/

I'm seeing a PR2 alternating with a PR0 on this one. This page didn't had PR2, like never.

I can't seem to get any new results for other websites (i checked about 12 other owned websites)

9. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    This update is so huge its really making me wonder about the actual timeframe it will take for it to complete. Good Algorith updates generally complete within 2 weeks at most however this thing feels like it could run a month.

nicerolex, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  10. Wouter

Wouter Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a thought:
    Maybe google is only showing a selective part of the indexed pages, like they do with link:. Probably to fight automatic linkbuilding like the coop or linkvault.

Wouter, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  11. dpak

dpak Peon

Best Answers:
    Kind of interesting... I was seeing this on the big daddy servers and now I'm seeing it on the main Google results...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site:http://www.microsoft.com&btnG=Search

Just try hitting search over and over and you'll see the number of indexed pages fluctuate between two different numbers. It's like it's switching between different result sets even in the same session... odd... seems like something that would cause problems because even as you're clicking through to the next pages, the result set changes...

dpak, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  12. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone please change the title of this damn thread to bigdaddy discussion or let the thread die?

www.google.com is actually just a pointer that links to a ton of different data centers and when you connect to it you can actually be connected to any one of a number of different servers at least 3 of which have BigDaddy results on them

Interlogic, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  13. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Taken from Matt Cutts Blog:

Interlogic, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  14. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I think iv missed something. What is bigdaddy? Name of the server/update?

mightyb, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  15. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    The all spoken about Matt Cuts on Bigdaddy

16. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh so its a DC. Ta!

mightyb, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  17. Assured99

Assured99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Assured99, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  18. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like Bigdaddy.

nicerolex, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  19. dakman

dakman Peon

Best Answers:
    Big daddy appears to have wipped many pages especially dynamic sites even if there is no dup content... now all the sudden my pages are slowly coming back but i dont think google needs to delete their results why cant they just update the quality of the SERPs without having to hit my site 1,000000000 times a day only to remove 90% of my pages . They remove 90% of the pages then start adding them back again slowly on big daddy's dc's...doesn't make any sense....

they should understand spam control doesnt mean having to delete and reindex sites..... Many white hats use dynamic content for legitamate purposes and can serve more users with fresh unique content.

dakman, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  20. MountainLife

MountainLife Active Member

Best Answers:
    i may have gotten ROYALY screwed if the results i'm seeing are the real results

MountainLife, Feb 2, 2006 IP