1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is my blog considered a MFA?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by clivechung, Jan 12, 2008.

my new health-related blog's conversion rate is pretty good, so far 1000 UV and has earned $30 from adsense, $300 from affiliate ($40 each sale), and around 100 subscribers (most traffic from article marketing, and they are pretty targeted)

and i am planning to buy PPC (adwords), but i heard some people say google will ban my adsense account if i use adwords for the traffic source when they think my blog is a MFA site.

here is my blog: http://acid-reflux-tips.blogspot.com/

is it a MFA site from google's point of view?

clivechung, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  2. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Your blog looks fine to me.
    There is more then 2-3 articles, so it's rather unlikely they will consider it MFA.
    Anyway, you can always email them and ask if you can drive traffic to your blog using AdWords.

zexy, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  3. tbh

tbh Peon

Best Answers:
    is the content original?

tbh, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  4. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bookmark the articles on some the social sites and see if you can get you site included in the blog rolls of related sites.

bogart, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  5. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks fine to me too. If you want to promote it, try submitting you RSS feed to RSS sites.

qazu, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  6. clivechung

clivechung Peon

Best Answers:
    around 30% are orginal, others are PLR, public domain, ezinearticles and copy from affiliate site.

i need 100% orginal content for not being treated as MFA?

clivechung, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  7. tbh

tbh Peon

Best Answers:
    as long as its from varied sources I think its fine.

tbh, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  8. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you have more than enough content for not to be considered as MFA site.

sultanofseo, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  9. elvirs

elvirs Active Member

Best Answers:
    No I dont think Google will consider your blog a MFA, looks like a pretty informative blog.
    You said
    , what is that? and how does it work? can you write few sentences about that?

elvirs, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  10. clivechung

clivechung Peon

Best Answers:
    I write articles and post it in ezinearticles, but i don't write for the keywords (seems that it worked before, but Google is smarter now i think). Here is what I do, my blog is about acid reflux and heartburn, i go to some popular forum about my niche and pick up some "most-viewed" thread and copy their title. For example, i saw a thread's title like "I get heartburn everytime I drink water", then I will write an article like "Does water cause heartburn?", it has worked pretty good for me, many people will pick up my article, and traffic will come from their website.

hope this help :)

clivechung, Jan 14, 2008 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  11. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its actually screaming and saying I am MFA. I actually define MFA in a different way. People who write on sensitive topics and information such as health and medical should have enough education and knowledge about the topic.

Scraping material from online sources won't make you a doctor overnight. If people read your blog and find your unreliable source and take it for granted. Imagine how you will affect their lives.

Matt cutts wrote an excellent article on Spam in health related niches and how it affects the community.

I absolutely second his thoughts. If you dont know about the topic, dont write about it and confuse people, especially when its related to health or medical which can affect our lives in much greater way.

The money you earn from writing false medical information is never worth it. I know my post is hard hitting but the fact remains the same.

godmode, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  12. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    If thats the case then the Blog in your sig is a MFA. Lord knows it's only jammed with the max # of G ads allowed... Plus content ads etc.... and I suppose you invented VOIP... No, your trying to cash in just like the original poster, G, Me, and all of DP!!!

I couldn't disagree with you more....:eek: First of all, should we stop posting anything medical unless we are doctors? Should we not do sites about car care unless were mechanics? Are you serious? Based on your post we should only do sites about our field of study?? Thats nuts... The net is full of dis information, thats the beauty of it. You have to figure out whats real and whats not. So should I believe that the "Make Millions Online" sites are genuine because you and MC say that they are the experts on it. Did you even read what you posted? Yeah sure if your family member is suffering from some dreaded disease that's horrible but is MC and g going to save the world by excluding every site that is not the " Authority" on a particular subject. Yeah thats the "natural" order of the search results.... ahhh not... G more and more is becoming the dictator of search... There's nothing natural about G anymore.

When are people going to figure out thats it's all about the money. From G all the way down to this blogger, it's about the money. So it's ok for G to cash in every milli second of the day but not us little guys? Unless of course we're the Guru of a particular subject. Bah ha ha, that's hilarious.... There would be no net... 99% of the people on DP have sites that they are not the MC proclaimed Dali lama of.

Have you ever thought that his traffic may be interested in this type of article without having to go out in that dark alley of searches (G) to look for it. They may be glad he posted it.

Your site is fine... Dont listen to this guy or MC as they know not what they say.... Post what you think your "user base" will find interesting. Dont post to suit MC are his groupies... At least that what G "used" tell us.

No disrespect intended but thats the crazy thing I ever heard.

Good stuff, very funny....

John-Q, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  13. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    alas, I give up on you but thanks for your perspective.

godmode, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  14. clivechung

clivechung Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/selling-links-that-pass-pagerank/
    I think this site is talking about brain tumor(a type of cancer i think) surgery. :eek:

I don't know about the contents about the Google ads, but my blog's content are focused on heartburn diet recipe and some natural herbs(vegetables and fruit), it's more like a cookbook than a health-related topic.

but i think you are right, many bad health-related information are floating on the internet. Not only disease treatment, but some weight loss drugs/pills are very dangerous too.

clivechung, Jan 15, 2008 IP