1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 2006 AdSense Summary - From $10/Week to $800/Week

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 330td

330td Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Burta's last connection is Oct 14th 2007 :(

330td, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  2. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Must be busy swimming in all that money that's pouring into his direction ;)

Game Producer, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  3. gkz

gkz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, recon Burta's off spending those big Adsense cheques! Half his luck ...

Ta
    gkz
    :cool:

gkz, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  4. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Aye, although looking forward to seeing 2007 summary. Burta? :rolleyes:

Game Producer, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  5. shimon333

shimon333 Guest

Best Answers:
    thaks about this post , very informative, if you have moere news about adsese i will happy to know

shimon333, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  6. mysmehmood

mysmehmood Peon

Best Answers:
    WoW, great work dear.

keep it up & share your experience with us ...

thanks.
    gr8t post

mysmehmood, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  7. Munday

Munday Peon

Best Answers:
    He has 3 adsense blocks on his website, isn't that against the TOS?! lol

Munday, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  8. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that site listed in my profile is old and I have since shut it down. That said you are about the millionth person here on DP that has asked for an "example" or wanted to be literally walked through the process of making money or achieving results. The reality is you don't NEED anything else from me to take the abundance of information that has already been divulged to achieve everything and MORE than I have achieved.

I highly recommend just jumping on amazon and having a look around - there are quite a few worthwhile reads there - though make sure you read people's reviews of the books before buying.

Yeah sorry about that - life has kept me away. I should be more active for the near future.

I do do a lot of traveling. I probably fly somewhere at least every month, though most of the time it is for sporting commitments, but I normally tie in a bit of traveling after those commitments are concluded.

So far I have been backpacking through Europe for 3 months, I just spent over a month in South America, I have visited all the capitals cities of Australia, plus many other major tourist destinations, have visited New Zealand a number of times, I have visited parts of Asia and am looking like I will be traveling to Japan in March, and Canada, America, Mexico and maybe some other parts of central America in August. I'm fairly well traveled for a 22 year old and have more than my fair share of frequent flyer miles, but to be completely honest I love Australia and couldn't think of anywhere in the world I'd rather live. I actually get homesick every time I'm out of the country more than a month.

So I like to believe I live a fairly diverse life, plus I was recently lucky enough to be selected represent Australia at the World Championships for the sport I play, and we won. So now I can technically call myself a World Champion as well! That's part of the reason I haven't been active on DP is so long - lots of training and have been overseas for the tournament plus a little traveling plus needing some time to unwind and relax.

As for why I don't give out my URLs - there are a few reasons - firstly because the people don't NEED them, they just WANT them. What people NEED is to work hard, make sacrifices and learn some lessons. The "learn some lessons" point is a massive one, and there are just so many people out there that WANT to be babied through things and the reality is nothing worth achieving in life is easier or you can be babied through and people rarely learn the true lesson when they are walked through something.

Secondly and more importantly - the Internet is a very unregulated place. There is nothing stopping people from jumping on people's sites and completely ripping off content, ideas, graphics etc and the same goes when it comes with using similar marketing concepts. If you look at any of the top earners on these forums they are generally protective about the sites that haven't developed to the point where they have the necessary barriers of entry in their industry such that they'd be impossible for someone else to replicate. You may think it doesn't happen, but I have seen it cripple many people's passive incomes, even I have been burned before with people stealing my content AND then outranking me in Google while my content gets supplementally indexed.

Put it this way - to get ahead in life you generally have be either working harder or smarter than your competition. Now if you are presently working smarter than your competition but they work out your ways and methods and they are then able to completely rip off your content and smart ideas without any major repercussions coupled with their desire to work harder than you... well then I think you will find that you are going to lose in the long run. So my point is there is definitely reasons to only divulge what you have to. It is just smart business.

It is the sad reality us Internet entrepreneurs live in. When there is money to be made and there is limited protection of intellectual property and no geographical advantage or other barriers to entry - competition is going to be fierce. If I'm being completely realistic, being an Australian and being used to a higher standard of living (ie the average annual salary being $40-50,000/year) put me at a distinct disadvantage in my ability to be competitive online, for example against some Indian firm who could hire 10 employees and work each employee harder than I presently work over the course of a year and pay all 10 of them less than what an average Australian would earn in a year. So how do I then compete on the "worker harder than you competition" angle - I can't. So I need to make sure I work smarter to stay ahead - which means protecting some extremely minor things that don't NEED to be divulged.

This is not saying that I'm holding out on some magical formula or anything; honestly I'm not - I'm just saying people don't NEED specifics - they are completely irrelevant. People just need the principles; everything after that is trial, error and optimization.

Without blowing my horn too much - good posts have a tendency to do that, and I think it is a good. Even I re-read my original post from time to time just to get perspective and focus back.

LOL - I'd say me getting those "big" AdSense checks is a lot less to do with "luck" than working hard and smart.

Ahahah - in short 2007 was a distinctly better year than 2006, and I have learned a lot more about growing things to the next level, but I'm not sure at this stage if there will be a revision of 2007. I just don't have the time - plus there isn't a lot of incentive in it for me. .. :cool:

Burta, Jan 14, 2008 IP
    Game Producer and rajun like this.
  9. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Whaat, no incentive? What about seeing all the happy faces around you? :rolleyes:

Game Producer, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  10. adolix

adolix Peon

Best Answers:
    This moment was very likely to come. In the first place, his story brought him tons of respect.... but writing other things now seems useless, as he is already "famous" (in this community). Money really DO change people... :rolleyes:

adolix, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  11. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    So, Burta, did you reach or exceed your goal of $1,000 per day?

Congratulations on your World Championship win. Being an Aussie too, I'm somewhat interested to know what sport this was in?

Night Owl, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  12. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $1000 per day is a lot of bling. I think he meant $1000 a week.

bogart, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  13. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    Burta had already reached $1,000 a week. I was referring to a post he made which stated...

"I can honestly say that have reaching that $100/day milestone that I at one point when I was making $5/day thought that reaching this $100/day figure would change everything that I could refocus my life and get onto achieving other things - the sad reality was it was mere month or two later that I achieved $200/day, then another couple of month later achieved the $300/day milestone, and earlier in this thread I said my aim was $1000/day by the end of the year."
    (this was referring to his goal for the end of 2007)

Night Owl, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  14. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is funny how when you are a little nobody in a community you really want to be somebody, your desire to build on that reputation or status is very diminished... I think, from memory, the original post I made took me considerable time (at least 5 - 10 hours) to compile and refine to the point where I was happy with it. I just don't have the time to do that again, not to mention going out and making a post like this (one that gets 50,000+ views) caused a big stir and a lot of people started PMing me and often hassling me about things, which was a completely unforeseen thing from my perspective. So second time round, if there is one, I plan to prepare myself to both be able to take advantage of the positive buzz created and be ready for negative repercussions.

Not to blow my own horn again, but it has crossed my mind to move into the Shoemoney, John Chow, Joel Comm, etc industry where I blog about making money and where I start actually making money from helping others make money - but the reality is I'd just prefer the cruiser, go about my business, lifestyle that I currently have.

I'm 22; there are just too many other things in life I need to achieve and experience before I start heading down the career style path of webmaster/niche industry gurus whose actual industry is sharing information with up and coming webmasters.

No I didn't, but I'm going to blame a lot of that on being very distracted. I pretty much have done no productive work on my sites since August, mainly due to refocusing my energy on my sporting commitments. So the later half of last year was more spent maintaining my sites than growing them.

Burta, Jan 14, 2008 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  15. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    I can certainly understand that! Congratulations on whatever milestone you have reached anyway... I bet it is better than most :)

We're at about the same point you were when you started this thread (approx $120 per day... though today was a new high of $140)... and seeing it steadily growing all the time. It's great when hard work pays off and you see that all your time and skills are leading you in the direction you desire, isn't it?!

It's taken us almost 12 months from starting our site, plus a LOT of work and dedication, not to mention trial and error- especially in the beginning- to get to this point. It's somewhat easier now, but we still have plans to put in a lot more work and reach even higher goals. And like you, a lot of the motivation is to get enough ongoing income to do the other more important things we want to achieve. Things for ourselves and things to benefit other people. Some long held hopes and dreams. :)

Night Owl, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  16. ashisharora_83

ashisharora_83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I read it so late..... but still its a bunch of very usefull information...

--Thanks much...

ashisharora_83, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  17. reallykool

reallykool Peon

Best Answers:
    damn, 23 pages of comments! I could only read half of them before my eyes started glazing over.

thanks for the inspiration. I've been slacking on starting some blogs. time to to begin in right now!

reallykool, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  18. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, a 2 year old thread thats still in action :)

angilina, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  19. marketsnipers

marketsnipers Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't help but comment. I am glad I read this thread. Very inspiring and some very practical thoughts shared by the OP.

Thanks

marketsnipers, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  20. Azher Memon

Azher Memon Peon

Best Answers:
    superb..... i am also on your way....

Azher Memon, Aug 6, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.