1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about google backlinks

Discussion in 'Google' started by kojakfilth, Jan 13, 2008.

Hi im just confused about this when i check google backlinks i used to type this at google link: www.publicrecords.com with good results but when i try this link:www.publicrecords.com (no space) it will show fewer results..

Please explain it guys if you know why..?

kojakfilth, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  2. linsys

linsys Peon

Best Answers:
    because the google link tool has not works properly for years, your best bet is to use Yahoo.

linsys, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  3. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont spread wrong information if you don't know how google link operator works.

Google does not publicly display all your backlinks. You can check actual backlink count from webmasters tool.

Yahoo will always show you more links since it also counts nofollow links unlike google. Hope that helps.

godmode, Jan 13, 2008 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  4. linsys

linsys Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not spreading the wrong info it doesn't work right, what ever their reason for not displaying all backlinks publicly doesn't mean it works right. Its broken IMO because its useless.

Also, Webmaster Tools doesn't show all your backlinks it only shows backlinks as of the last update which sometimes can take weeks or months.

linsys, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  5. godmode

Best Answers:
    How about I give you more knowledge on this topic?

Read it here: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/02/discover-your-links.html

One more: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/google-provides-backlink-tool-for-site-owners/

Hope that helps you. I hope you do some research next time :D

godmode, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  6. linsys

linsys Peon

Best Answers:
    Ummmm... its still broken, maybe you should read your own links:

This is because the tool is broken, and worthless..

If you actually use Google's webmaster tools then you'll know this isn't true, the updates are happening more often but I remember when I've waited a few months for the backlinks to update.

Keep reading there is more good info on how the tool is broken.

linsys, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  7. godmode

Best Answers:
    i dont know who wrote this but this in any way doesnt signify that the tool is broken.

In plain english, when the data is available and not shown to users is called "Broken" .

If they dont update the data to the tool and it doesnt display for you, how can you even quality that as "Broken".

Its like saying I didnt have anything for dinner but the food was horrible. lol

godmode, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  8. linsys

linsys Peon

Best Answers:
    When Matt says the following:

Now, I don't know how long you've been a web designer but the backlink tool (i.e link:) has been around for YEARS and has never worked right, even Matt says they are working on it..

I guess I can read in between the lines, when he says "I expect the number of links that are available to grow" that means we know it doesn't work right and we are trying to make it better (i.e fix it).

I also never said "Webmaster Tools" was broken, I just was making the point that Yahoo's backlink tool is better, IMO, because it updates more often. I was making the point that Webmaster Tools aren't updated that often so it isn't always the greatest tool for checking backlinks.

linsys, Jan 13, 2008 IP