1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to boost your CTR

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by eelsource, Jan 31, 2006.

The best way to boost CTR is to integrate adsense into your content which means no borders of the adsense block, make the link the same color as your link color and text the same color as your content. Besides this, put your adsense block close to your own links. By this way, I increased my CTR 3% - 10% depending on the popularity of the page.

eelsource, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I doubled my CTR by just adding an AdLink unit in the header of my page. It's performing quite well so far -- I highly recommend trying something of the sort with the Adlinks.

fsmedia, Jan 31, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  3. hyipfarm

hyipfarm Peon

Best Answers:
    i didnt believed in Adlinks until i tried it.

IT ROCKS.

Dont ever leave home without it. :D

hyipfarm, Jan 31, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice tips so far..

maldives, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  5. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same here! Adlinks are great! :)

How did you get CTR of 3%-10% ?! What is your website link (you can send me PM)

BuildHome, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  6. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I hadn't even thought about how it works and then I tried it and I am quite amazed. After 2 days of having it, it nearly tripled my revenue and doubled my CTR. With the same impression rates, I'm getting mid-high xxx clicks instead of a low xxx clicks. It's done quite well and I plan on implementing it into my new redesign and possibly into a couple other high traffic sites. AdLinks is awesome :)

fsmedia, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  7. eelsource

eelsource Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question about the adlink unit. If a visitor clicks on the adlink unit, there is still no money, right? The visitor has to click on one of the links on the page after he clicks on the adlink unit, then you get the money, right?

eelsource, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  8. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that to be correct, yes.

fsmedia, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  9. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    for integration tips, try to blend it as well as you can, so it looks like part of the content, although dont over do it, so it doesnt look like you're trying to trick users into clicking (usually G will warn you if that's the case)

gordonfreeman, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  10. telecomm

telecomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Blend the adds in ur website.
    Thats the best way to improve CTR.

telecomm, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  11. marketing

marketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    "tricking" you viewers into thinking that the adsense links are actually your links is probably one of the easiest ways to make a quick turn with your CTR. A lot of sites have return visitors though, and they are not fooled by this type of change. Frankly...the best way to make a complete turn for the better with the CTR is to target the keywords used to produce the google ads, and make them relevent or something that hands down will totally interest your viewers. When they see the link, advertising or not, they will click it because it has everything to do with what they are on the net for in the first place.

marketing, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  12. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with marketing.

There are two routes you can go as a webmaster. 1) the route which will generate the most revenue for you 2) the route that will be in the best interest for your visitors. Explanation: The first route is probably a route that will use Y!PN because they have a higher payout rate right now (maybe AdCenter by MSN soon too), but the ads aren't nearly as relevant for most sites, which will obviously mean less clicks and less performance of these ads. While 2) the route would probably go with AdSense. The ads will be a lot more relevant and you will get a lot more clicks (more likely), but the revenue might be quite a bit lower.

Integration into the site is key as well. Some webmasters think it's best to make the ads stand out dramatically so that the users recognize them immediately that 'WOW, THOSE ARE ADS!', while other webmasters think it's best to simply 'blend' them into the site/article/post.

I personally have taken to both. I've seen 'blend' integration work the best so far. I recently added the AdLink unit (See above post) and my performance both that specific site nearly doubled in CTR and revenue. I plan on implementing other kinds of Ad formats and possibly a couple other adlink units still, to see how my visitors respond to that kind of advertising. Something key to keep in mind here is what your visitors are seeing. Look at it from a web browsing point of view. IF you're visiting a website, how many ads will you find acceptable to a point where you aren't saying 'eeek way too many ads, this is site is bloated', but rather finding the ads easy on the eye and relaxing -- not taking up too much of the space. Those are a couple things to keep in mind while placing ads and either 'blending' them or 'making them stand out'. Hope this helps :)

fsmedia, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  13. submitter999

submitter999 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blending the ads is the best of all i tried , it really works good.one more good position is top right position for a image banner.

submitter999, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  14. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have experienced over 30% CTR (steadily) on websites using one of two techniques:

#1. For a website I consider to be good and actually care about the way it looks and the user experience I use this technique:
    - In my navigation menu I add a wide skyscraper text ad. The background colour matching the website's, the title colour matching the link colour in the website and the body text also matching the website body text.

In the navigation menu I also add REAL navigation links that have the same look as the AdSense (ie. Links with descriptions underneath) mixed with one line links and comments... it makes it difficult to destinguish between nav links and ads, plus if the ads are properly targeted you will get high CTR.

My CTR for this method is about 25% (steady for 6 months+)

#2. For one page websites and websites that I generally don't care about I will make the page have a very user un-friendly layout and difficult to look at navigation menu (strong colour/contrast).

Then I will PROMINENTLY place an AdSense ad block seperate from the nav menu and make it as visible as possible but with easy to look at colours (like the default colours).

This has the effect that visitors will probably read the content but will NOT look at the navigation menu because it's way too hard on the eyes, so they naturally look to the AdSense block because it's easy on the eyes... Since the ads are targeted, they will click just to leave your site on purpose (which is what we want anyway).

This method gets me over 30% CTR always, but I don't have any of these sites anymore.

It is important to note that I never place more than one(1) ad unit on any page. This helps keep the ads highly targeted and higer CPC.

Hope it helps someone.
    Pete

itsme, Feb 4, 2006 IP
    andriusk likes this.