1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is my website doomed? all marketing attempts failed

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by davidhtn@gmail.com, Jan 7, 2008.

1. uniqueasitis

uniqueasitis Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way to get visits is to advertise, especially a site that sells products. You have to advertise aggressively, mabye even incur a loss, and then with time you will re-make that money. That is business. Spend and get. I suggest Google Adwords since people use it.

uniqueasitis, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  2. dartdesign

dartdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only SEO company that will guarantee money back for SEO is powerscribe. I am using their service for years, all my website in top 10 get tons of traffic.

dartdesign, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  3. mfashraf

mfashraf Active Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think you should go for an SEO.. maybe local advertising and that's it... because you're targeting a local audience.. and the decal on the car sounds very nice too :p

Should have thought about doing that before..LoL

mfashraf, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  4. JNRCORPS

JNRCORPS Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree two months is no time at all, so i would not quite say that your site is doomed yet

JNRCORPS, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  5. jlogic

jlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    In your situation, I would also try offline advertising. If someone has a broken computer... they may not be able to get on the Internet to search for you. :)

jlogic, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  6. Veej

Veej Active Member

Best Answers:
    I took a look at your website and...well, it's a decent website but it's not good for the reason you need it to do.

What I've found is that your domain helps a lot when it comes to ranking in search engines - can you not get something like "knoxvillecomputerrepair.com" or along those lines?

Veej, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  7. crystak

crystak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the music, don't change it (love Billy Ray)!

Have you added your site to Google's local business listing ? The problem may be that even though you are targetting that phrase, there may not be many searches for it and I'm sure that's the case because you are already first on Google for that sort of thing.

I can also see broad keywords such as "firewall" and "antivirus" in your Meta keywords description which doesn't really help (Google pretty much ignores that tag). You should add instead a more detailed description that sounds good, not spammy but at the same time includes your main keywords!

You could also try create a forum for all the overseas people and also locals where you could provide tech service. This will increase traffic and make people return if they get a good response and it will also work for SEO as it will list your site for long tailed keywords (tech problems that people talk about).

Regarding your drop in SERPs, I can recommend building more backlinks, both external and internal with the keywords you are targetting in them.
    I would also put nofollow on all the external links from your site as they will reduce the PR juice your internal pages could get, and there's also no need to offer those site a free backlink as they have enough ;).

crystak, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  8. continuum

continuum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Irrespective of whether you get hits or not, If someone is looking through the net at work, and they hit a site with any type of sound, they will kill it immediately. If you are in an office by your self, no problems, but with people in offices over 2 people, looking at a site with any type of sound for longer than 2 seconds is rude. Most people with a faulty computer that will be looking for you will be in an office situation. Do not turn them away.

This hopefully explains why you need to get rid of the music, not just saying "get rid of it, it offends me". It also slows down the loading of the page which can sometime effect SERPS.

Hope this helps. If you do get the visitors, I suggest you try as hard as possible to keep them there.

2 hits a day can keep a business alive, so you do not want to reduce this to 2 per week.

continuum, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  9. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a quick fix, try here http://www.webwire.com/ should get you noticed, a few links etc.
    Learn more about traffic generation!!!

Pandora, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  10. danimal62

danimal62 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    David,

You are 100% missing the point here. SEO is far more than just getting people to your site. You website MUST be optimized, so your design, while it may convert the VERY few visitors you get, it may be a big part of what is preventing you from getting visitors.

First: The music
    You may live in Tennessee and is the home of Country Music, but not all people from Tennessee like country music and it may chase off some visitors. Another thing is you are trying to help people with computer problems so if they are having RAM issues or slow connection issues forcing the music down stream only slows them down more. Plus you have 5 other videos that load, again slowing them down.

You are not selling music, I suggest getting rid of it!

Second: Design

The site design is bulky and clumsy. Too much information on one page is not a good thing. Stream line your main page, make new pages with information on your main pages (such as the videos, service areas, ect.).

While I like the idea of the $99.00 graphics, they are blurry and need some work.

You are serving up graphics of all the computer companies you like (I guess) and again, slowing down the load time. REMBER your targeted audience is people with computer problems.

There are broken links in the footer! A BIG no-no in SEO.

Third (and my last for Today) Titles
    While your titles are descriptive, you lack one MAJOR item in most of them! Your location! You are a local computer guy, put your location in the title of all relevant pages some how!

There is so much more to SEO than just saying you want more visitors. You have to optimize your page for those visitors! You have to provide a website for your target. It has to be relevant and informative. It must be well organized. Your site is not easy to navigate and that is a big draw back.

When a site is optimized (a big part of SEO) then attracting visitors becomes easier and the greater number of visitors will convert just as well if not better!

danimal62, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  11. Desray

Desray Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing will get you tons of traffic if done on a regular basis

Desray, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  12. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    A few important things:

1. Make sure the keywords you are targeting appear on the page within titles (h1, h2 tags etc.), the meta title, and also somewhere within your page body. Don't keyword stuff, just have it in there 2-3 times.
    2. Use plenty of synonyms of your main keyword as well within the text on your page
    3. Build links to your site from quality sites. Directory submission, social bookmarking submission, posting in forums and anything you can think of to encourage people to link to you.
    4. Consider PPC campaign (e.g Google Adwords) - brings much quicker results and allows you to target a wide range of phrases.
    5. Create a blog and post computer repair tips in it on a regular basis. You could also monetize on this blog with Adsense and other advertisers. The blog will help attract natural links.
    6. Advertise locally within Craigslist and other local directories and forums/
    7. Advertise offline locally with free/cheap options. Do a mail drop (deliver them yourself if you have no budget), put up flyers in a local university etc.

Jason Green, Feb 4, 2008 IP