1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazing - Simply Amazing - No One is Safe

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ! !, Nov 30, 2004.

Sent ONE email to Bank of America two months ago - to inquire about something - no contact since or before then

Look at the Phishing Spam mail just received - No One is Safe

the so call link is actually THIS address in the status bar

http://update-secure.biz/onlineid.bankofamerica.com/cgi-bin/

doing a Whois search - Brings up this

Domain Name:                                 UPDATE-SECURE.BIZDomain ID:                                   D8303712-BIZSponsoring Registrar:                        ARSYS INTERNET SL DBA NICLINE.COMSponsoring Registrar IANA ID:                379Domain Status:                               okRegistrant ID:                               C7714249-LRMSRegistrant Name:                             Jeri StengerRegistrant Address1:                         Lochhamerschlag 17Registrant City:                             GraefelfingRegistrant State/Province:                   AlemaniaRegistrant Postal Code:                      82166Registrant Country:                          GermanyRegistrant Country Code:                     DERegistrant Phone Number:                     +40.8982998918Registrant Email:                            [email]ratsystem77@yahoo.comA[/email]dministrative Contact ID:                   C7714250-LRMSAdministrative Contact Name:                 Jeri StengerAdministrative Contact Address1:             Lochhamerschlag 17Administrative Contact City:                 GraefelfingAdministrative Contact State/Province:       AlemaniaAdministrative Contact Postal Code:          82166Administrative Contact Country:              GermanyAdministrative Contact Country Code:         DEAdministrative Contact Phone Number:         +40.8982998918Administrative Contact Email:                [email]ratsystem77@yahoo.comB[/email]illing Contact ID:                          C7714250-LRMSBilling Contact Name:                        Jeri StengerBilling Contact Address1:                    Lochhamerschlag 17Billing Contact City:                        GraefelfingBilling Contact State/Province:              AlemaniaBilling Contact Postal Code:                 82166Billing Contact Country:                     GermanyBilling Contact Country Code:                DEBilling Contact Phone Number:                +40.8982998918Billing Contact Email:                       [email]ratsystem77@yahoo.comT[/email]echnical Contact ID:                        C7714251-LRMSTechnical Contact Name:                      Jeri StengerTechnical Contact Address1:                  Lochhamerschlag 17Technical Contact City:                      GraefelfingTechnical Contact State/Province:            AlemaniaTechnical Contact Postal Code:               82166Technical Contact Country:                   GermanyTechnical Contact Country Code:              DETechnical Contact Phone Number:              +40.8982998918Technical Contact Email:                     [email]ratsystem77@yahoo.comN[/email]ame Server:                                 DNS5.SERVIDORESDNS.NETName Server:                                 DNS6.SERVIDORESDNS.NETCreated by Registrar:                        ARSYS INTERNET SL DBA NICLINE.COMDomain Registration Date:                    Fri Nov 26 11:09:48 GMT 2004Domain Expiration Date:                      Fri Nov 25 23:59:59 GMT 2005

PHP:

! !, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  2. Servetraffic

Servetraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Unbelievable, what tactics ay. :(

Servetraffic, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those are pretty impressive, right? The ones where they fake the address bar are kinda cool. Google toolbar messes em up for me, though, so when I got my first one, its impact was lessened. Too bad these guys can't put their coding skills to some more profitable and legal use.

lorien1973, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I got one of those about a week back from a bank -- I have never had an account with that bank -- even more curious is the bank doesn't even exist in Canada.

Sometimes spammers, con men, and phishers is sooo stupid.

minstrel, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I get them weekly now from Sun something bank.

This one goes one step further.

It claims to be a consolidation type of service where you can add all your online banking details into one convenient site from where you can access them all. How good! Just one log in. All yuo have to do is give them all details from all your online banking accounts! I'll give you the link if you want to sign up. Maybe I get some AirMiles for referrals.

T0PS3O, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  6. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    There have been a lot of those with Ebay as well actually. Emails being sent from staff AT ebay.com telling people to go to a site and confirm their details. People do actually go and enter their details which is the worrying thing.

Weirfire, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  7. centrium

centrium Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup I got one from my bank to, jus ignored it,as think the bank had warned me about it!!!

centrium, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    As long as you don't give your full password, everyone is safe.

T0PS3O, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  9. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    I got the same one as well. Ive seen better.

darksat, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  10. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    lol you tell em TOPS

You're getting to be a bit like Compar these days. Telling people what to do and when they're wrong ;)

Weirfire, Dec 1, 2004 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Life's a lot easer when you know what to do and when. Some people need more assistance than other's. To say it politely. :)

T0PS3O, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  12. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Well aren't you Mr Experience!! :)

I know who to come to when I need advice about lifes general issues ;)

Weirfire, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  13. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Well.. There's plenty I don't know (yet - wait till I'm Compar's or AC's age)! But sharing what we do know is the foundation of any forum IMO so every now and then you'll see some generous advice :) And phishing scams are just so easy to not fall pray to.

T0PS3O, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    With my recent buying spree on ebay (God I love that site), I have almost fallen prey to a number of people that are producing very convincing emails.

Look out for laptop purchases. It's so easy to get caught out.
    If I were a regular consumer, I'd have fallen for the scams for sure.

SEbasic, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  15. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont think being AC's age has helped him much. :)

Take over the world while your young & still know everything. ;)

darksat, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  16. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    These people that try these scams really do have no morals and prey on the inexperienced.

We should get together and try and scam the scammers. It's the only way they will learn :)

Weirfire, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  17. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Its been done, unfortunately it seems to stop very few of them.

darksat, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  18. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    How do you know its been done?

Weirfire, Dec 1, 2004 IP
  19. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    List of possible responses,

1 ive read about it online
    2 ive met people who used to bait scam artists
    3 ive done it myself.

take your pick. ;)

darksat, Dec 1, 2004 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  20. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Thanks

I'll pick number 3. ;)

Some fool gave me a negative reputation point for a post on this thread and didn't even have the common curtousy to tell me who they were or leave an explanation.

Ahh well, there's always one :rolleyes: :) ;)

Weirfire, Dec 1, 2004 IP