1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a blog

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoeman, Jan 10, 2008.

I am starting to make my first blog to use adsense on and have a few questions I cant find the answer to.
    First I would like to know if it can work me making a blog of superman becouse I want to have fun doing it. Or do I have to do some how to make money blog like most people do?
    Second if I find images from sights say there home page can I use the images on my blog? Hope this is the right category to place this and thanks.

thanks, thanks, thanks for your response and for your understanding about me being a newbie. But I stilll dont know where I should have posted this topic.

I have another question everone is talking about getting banned from ad sense will using traffic exchange get me banned whats a good way?

Shoeman, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  2. Taliban

Taliban Peon

Best Answers:
    1....Yes you can blog about something which is ur interest, don't go with trends. If you are new in making money don't ever think of making a "money making blog".....
    2...If you find image on any site that u like, i will recomend to ask webmaster/site owner if you can use it on ur blog some people are ok if you use their images and link them back thanking them but its always better to ask for permission
    I don't think "adsense" is the appropriate section for this post:)

Taliban, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  3. gerwinjz76

gerwinjz76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense just incorporates any advertisements in your blog depending on what your topic is all about. And getting banned is indeed a NO NO! :D

gerwinjz76, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there was another thread regarding a site on superman where the site owner says he doesn;t get paid well for clicks for that niche

sultanofseo, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  5. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go with something you enjoy when blogging. If you follow a trend that everyone else does just to make money, you will get bored. It takes time to build a good quality blog so just try to post often and make good original post.

As far as traffic exchanges, it depends on what kind you are doing. Stumble traffic is OK but many other traffic sites are junk and will lead to a ban. I would avoid most and look for places to target the people who would be interested in your topic.

allout, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  6. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can blog on anything and put adsense on it if your type of blog doesn't violate adsense TOC. A blog on superman wouldn't violate the TOC. But you need to do a bit more reseach if you intention is more in line with making money off adsense or having fun. If it's for making money, you'd need to research the Click Through Rate (CTR) in the superman/superhero/commics niche and the CTR on blogs in that niche. Good luck with your blogging. ;)

qazu, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  7. Dannyboyonline

Dannyboyonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    PM and I'll help you in launching your blog, and getting some traffic.

I've owned tons of blogs and trust me, a blog site is one of the easiest sites to get traffic from.

And about money, forget about adsense, you'd make much much more money with a blog with using alternative affiliate sites.

Dannyboyonline, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  8. nofullstop

nofullstop Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you got the answer for first question. Choose the topic which you love the most. There are huge number of fans for superman. You just need to find the right people who will like your blog. Like once you are done launching you blog and generating content and then you ask me to have a look at your blog I will do that, suggest you some tips but WON'T come back regularly as I am not a superman fan.

Understood? You will love while blogging about superman but your excitement may die down slowly once you find that your blog isn't receiving traffic. Now when you start looking for traffic exchange remember that you need to bring in targeted traffic. Else visitors will keep on eating your bandwidth and won't even get converted into dedicated readers.

So better look for targeted traffic. About getting banned from Google, if you traffic comes again and again from the same IP address than you might well get banned. So look for genuine traffic instead of silly traffic exchange.

You might want to look at my thread where I have written some really good traffic generating tips. If possible than please leave a comment there and stumble my original post.

recently i started a blog which is about Discovering Girls. (link in signature) you might want to subscribe?

Thank you

nofullstop, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  9. surya_143s

surya_143s Banned

Best Answers:
    blog see lebanol u get idea

surya_143s, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  10. nebraskaemarketing

nebraskaemarketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good way to make use of a Wordpress blog and Superman, would be to use this plugin:

http://www.wiredstudios.com/phpbay/phpbay-pro-ebay-software-to-display-auctions.html

It will enable you to insert ebay affiliate ads into your wordpress blog postings. The nice thing is you can target it right down to ebay category numbers. I would assume there are a good handful there dedicated to Superman...basically by the age of the books...etc.

The ebay affiliate program is ran through commission junction and you can signup here:

http://affiliates.ebay.com/

Pretty painless process and a good way to get rolling with commission junction. Just start the blog first and get as much content and flair on it before applying...they'll check.

Here's an example of what the ads look like via the plugin on one of my sites:

http://www.7dollarblog.com/ebay-nic...o-the-lady-liberty-silver-coin-market-on-ebay

Just picture the images with Superman auction pics. Monetizing this way will make it possible for you to get some decent affiliate commisions, as the percentage might be pretty good on a $500 Superman collectible, comic...etc. They have to click your ad and actually buy/win the auction but over time it might outperform what adsense will payout. But you could put adsense on the blog too for fun. Superman rocks btw!

Just a thought... :D

nebraskaemarketing, Jan 12, 2008 IP
    GTech likes this.