1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting a kickstart for your Adsense site

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jdynamic, Jan 30, 2006.

Hi,
    I've recently set up a few niche websites with Adsense ads on them (started about 4 weeks ago). And I've looked around the Digital Point forums to see other's experience about what to expect as far as Adsense earnings.

Many people say it took around 6 months to start making $100/month. However, a couple people claim to start seeing nice results (at least $20+ per day) within a matter of days. What gives? I want in! :)

I've tried lots of different techniques to get good quality traffic to my Adsense sites. But one more thing I am considering is buying links from high PageRank sites.

Has anyone else tried this? And does it work? :confused:

Cheers,
    Josh

jdynamic, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    To get a kick start you may want to aim in getting traffic from MSN - its easy, fast and can bring you a good amount of visitors.

I persoanlly dont look at buying links but maybe because I am cheap :D

Join a number some forums and place your link on the sig so the Search Engine bots can find you more easily and contribute to each forum you join. Within a week you should start seeing your numbers rise.

cormac, Jan 30, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  3. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    turfsniffer gave you a good (and less expensive) advice! ;)

Jarodboy, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  4. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    As one of the people who went from zero to $20+ per day in a few days, I can tell you that the key is to get a lot of high PR sites (that are in your niche) linking to you. However, I wouldn't pay for those links.

Having a bunch of links really attracts the attention of the search engine. www.LaptopGamers.com has only been up for a bit over a week and already Google has index every single page. MSN has indexed it as well. It ranks #1 for the term "Laptop Speakers" http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=laptop speakers&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0

Not bad for a site on its 2nd week of life. :)

Moto, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  5. Corso

Corso Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you come by this high PR sites to link to you without paying? I'd like to know! :cool:

Corso, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  6. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, some of them I own. Some belong to my www.TTZMedia.com network and the others are part of my extended network of tech site contacts. I just send them an email telling them to link me or they won't be invited to my yearly CES party in Las Vegas.

Moto, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  7. jdynamic

jdynamic Peon

Best Answers:
    As for the "rest of us" without other high-ranking websites... is there other places to purchase quality links? I've noticed on a few other forums that PageRank may not even be passed on in some circumstances. It's a tough to choose which way to go.

Any other ideas?

jdynamic, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Another method to kick start your adsense is find ways to get people simply visiting your website. Creating something useful or humorous that people will their friends can have dramatic results with the right idea.

I remember I did well one week with this site when I told some people about it and someone included it on a weekly Friday Funnies email that went out to a bunch of people. Basically, it is a joke about what happens when you are successful with Google Adsense:
    www.wsportal.com is the site

dvduval, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  9. Corso

Corso Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used http://www.linkmarket.net/ before and it works pretty well.

Corso, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  10. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes linkmarket is good. My blog became no. 1 in MSN within 3 weeks.

AdsenseAddict, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  11. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Buying links from high PR sites have nothing to do with getting quality traffic ;) If you are looking to get quality traffic just do the following.
    1. Refresh the contents of your website everyday (Your site will be crawled more often).
    2. Submit to directories (Consider buying some links as well :D )
    3. Exchange links with sites that are related to the content of your site (Ver very important).
    4. Participate in forums related to your website.
    5. Write articles (There are many site that accepts articles FREE of charge)

Good Luck

maldives, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  12. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you have to pay for link market? I signed up for the free bit but only got a load of spam from them. When I tried to approve links it asked me to pay for the service. I'm not sure if it's changed or not lately, though.

fcmisc, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  13. shaileshk

shaileshk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i use Linkmarket for link exchnage my site ban by google so ignore to use unrelated link exchnage program
    try to add your link in all directroy manualy

shaileshk, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  14. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    When you add new content, does it need to be on the home page, or anywhere on the site?

kaethy, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  15. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anywhere, but also update the home page as and when required i.e. you might want to point links to some new content on your home page.

qwestcommunications, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  16. JL_99

JL_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anybody have a list handy of free directories that they like to submit their sites to? I tend to register mine with Google, Yahoo, and MSN search, but that's been about it so far.

JL_99, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  17. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kaethy,

I use a CMS system (on http://www.personal-finance.tv) to automatically post links to the latest article(s) on the front page. That helps them all get indexed. For example, the current latest article is about ipod nanos. I also have an RSS feed that lists my latest articles.

Good luck,

fcmisc.

fcmisc, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  18. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    MSN is really the proverbial "low-hanging-fruit" of the SEs, just one link from blogspot seems to be enough to rank in some niches. Once you are in there, you can get an OK amount of traffic, but to excel, you've got to rank in Google.

Linkmarket is free, but be careful to only accept VERY relevant links. Try to work those links into articles/posts rather than just hanging out on a links page.

At first, with linkmarket, only the dregs (or quality, but non-english sites) will seek you out for linking. Don't give in to temptation! Eventually, you will be (literally) overwhelmed with people wanting to exchange links. Cherry-pick the best.

Free directories are also your friend, as are article directories - submit stories to them. Learn about PRweb, too.

Mister Tut, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  19. JL_99

JL_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips Mister Tut!

Luckily I've already got a few link backs from blogspot on my new site, so maybe MSN will find me soon. I'll check out your other suggestions as well!

JL_99, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  20. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well my advice is to treat all the pages same way. You must refresh the content of each and every page in order to get better ranking ;)

maldives, Jan 31, 2006 IP