1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting affiliates through blogs

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by algee650, Jan 11, 2008.

Hi all.

Is it possible to make money with say 20 different blogs/niches and promoting related products for each niche?

I figure I post relevant info everyday (tougher than I thought) but to not have every post of every day filled with affiliate links.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Al

algee650, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  2. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    The more blogs you have, the more money you will make. But 20 blogs!? I have trouble with 3.

Justin_Dupre, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  3. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you need to balance up your time.. I have pretty good results with one blog centering around few relating products. I believe quality over quantity in this case :)

KC TAN, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  4. GSellars

GSellars Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging done right can make you some good money through affiliate marketing.

GSellars, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah exactly. Don't spread yourself too thin.

You wouldn't believe how often I hear about people wanting to make 10,000 websites generating $0.01/day. In reality, it's going to be extremely difficult to manage even two blogs. I have problems managing my one.

Even if you have 20 blogs auto-posting, your space requirements are going to grow exponentially over time. Unfortunately, the idea just doesn't scale well.

My advice to you is to do what these good people are saying and go with one blog and make it into a big thing.

scottmweaver, Jan 11, 2008 IP
    KC TAN likes this.
  6. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    you should definitely focus on a few niches first and build those out with tons of pages and then start branching when you can, but always make sure to update your blogs as you are doing. Also make sure to submit your RSS feed..I use pingoat.com.

experienceadvertising, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  7. Wayne Liew

Wayne Liew Banned

Best Answers:
    Definitely it will work but it will requires you a lot of work such as keyword choosing and performance tracking.

Many will be concerned about the time spent on producing articles but this can be easily solved if you know where to get the ideas of what to post.

Wayne Liew, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  8. androomidaa

androomidaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    man 20 blogs is huge! you must be superman to manage and post on all 20 everyday! I have 2 and already having a hard time managing them! but blogging is good to sell affiliate products.

androomidaa, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  9. algee650

algee650 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the words of advice everybody.

I don't have 20 blogs, I was just wondering if that's what it takes to make some serious dough in this biz, but I guess not.

Ok, I'm going to take the few niches I'm working on and really bang out some good content and take it from there.

Besides pingoat, what other suggestions do you guys have with spreading the word on your blog?

Thanks again
    Al

algee650, Jan 13, 2008 IP