1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Auction ads is now shoppingads lets talk about it!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by bbrian017, Jan 8, 2008.

This may be the wrong forums I'm sorry if it is. Please just move it to the right forums.

So I have been using Auction Ads for awhile now with little or no success. To date I made 25 USD on sales. Today my ads stopped displaying so I was wondering what was happening. I went to auctionads.com and was redirected to shoppingads.com. I had to reset my password and then I could log in. I noticed my 5.00USD sign up bonus original from auctionads.com is now gone and I was never paid for it and also the sign up bonus I got from shoppingads.com was never applied to my account.

Has anyone else experienced these issues please share your thoughts.

Cheers,

bbrian017

bbrian017, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. nkognegr0

nkognegr0 Peon

Best Answers:
    for a minute there i thought they ditched auctionads and the only choice was shoppingads but after i read there blog i see its just a name change. Could have emailed and let people know though.

nkognegr0, Jan 8, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  3. jstanley

jstanley Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I lost a $35 referral bonus. And, they did send an email stating that the companies merged. But, I still want my bonus. I will wait to see what they do about it. I will likely not use their company because this just seems like a scam.

jstanley, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  4. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got the e-mail too but after the fact. I think maybe 24 or 48 hours after. I sent an e-mail to them regarding my sign up bonus and this is it here,

We are working on a fix so it will appear in your account properly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ShoppingAds Support
    www.shoppingads.com
    Monetize your site with live merchant listings

Notice: Information in this message, including any attachments, is intended
    only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (s)
    named above. If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
    or an agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
    this message in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
    prohibited. Violation of these terms is considered violation of the
    ShoppingAds terms of service. If you received this message in error, please
    notify the sender immediately, delete the message, and return any hard copy
    print-outs.

On Jan 9, 2008, at 1:50 PM, Brian Bell wrote:

So how do I see it. This is a weird system!

How do I know I have it because you told me? There must be another way I can view my current fund and balances!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To:
    Subject: Re: AuctionAds moves to ShoppingAds!
    Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:04:49 -0500

The $25 has not been removed, but it's just part of your balance now. You won't see it in reporting, but it is indeed in your account still.

Thanks!

ShoppingAds Support
    www.shoppingads.com
    Monetize your site with live merchant listings

Notice: Information in this message, including any attachments, is intended
    only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient (s)
    named above. If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
    or an agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
    this message in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
    prohibited. Violation of these terms is considered violation of the
    ShoppingAds terms of service. If you received this message in error, please
    notify the sender immediately, delete the message, and return any hard copy
    print-outs.

On Jan 9, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Brian Bell wrote:

Where did my sign up bonus go to? I had a 25 dollar sign up bonus with shopping ads and a 5 dollar with auctions ads?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:29:27 -0500
    To:
    Subject: AuctionAds moves to ShoppingAds!

We are excited to announce that we have merged our AuctionAds and ShoppingAds products into one product that will be located at http://ShoppingAds.com. Please note your current AuctionAds login will work at ShoppingAds and you do not have to change ANY existing code or links. ShoppingAds is a hybrid product that serves both CPA (cost per action) ads provided by eBay and CPC (cost per click) ads provided by our shopping comparison engine partners. For existing AuctionAds users the only change you will see is the “Ads By AuctionAds” displayed on your ads will change to “Ads By ShoppingAds”. The other significant change is the ability for you to become a Premium Publisher.

By becoming a premium publisher you will have the opportunity to be paid on a CPC (cost per click) basis for all your US and Canadian traffic while you can monetize your international traffic on a CPA (cost per action) basis. Standard publisher’s traffic will be monetized 100% on a CPA basis. Here is a graphic of how this works. Your account will be reviewed for Premium Status in the coming days and you will be notified if you qualify. By having one central system it will allow us to focus on building one great product. If you have ideas on how we can improve please let me know below and please subscribe to our blog for news on ShoppingAds and our other MediaWhiz publisher solutions to make your website more money!

The ShoppingAds Team

http://ShoppingAds.com

bbrian017, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  5. jstanley

jstanley Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a part of my balance, but not a part of my reports? Please. Actually, I do believe that. AuctionAds had a problem with their login system, so I can believe that they have low-level programmers who can't figure out a way to show balances on a report. But, I will still wait until it shows up in my balance before I place anymore shoppingads code on my site. Also, I didn't want to send them an email about this, because I thought that once I started earning money and this really was a scam, they'd try to tell me that I somehow violated their tos. So, just watch out and make sure you follow the rules with them.

jstanley, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  6. cpruitt

cpruitt Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to cut them just a little bit of slack. Merging stuff like that is fairly complicated. :)

cpruitt, Jan 10, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  7. designbuyers

designbuyers Banned

Best Answers:
    Something like this i don't think its will survives , they don't even know if they right about name , don't get shocked after 1 year .. oopz they change the name again .. LOL !!!

designbuyers, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  8. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree guys and I have already been paid before from auction ads so I know they aren't a scam site I just wanted to know where my sign up bonus went to haha

25 bucks isn't chump change it's server costs for the month..

bbrian017, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  9. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone think the service provided by shoppingads will now improve?

ForgottenCreature, Jan 10, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  10. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    I do, I didn't really have a problem with them before. Besides this one incident I must say auctionads was pretty cool to work with. I hope I get the sign up bonus back or I will think the exact opposite haha

11. ih82lose

ih82lose Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never had much luck with auction ads,
    and was looking for a replacement.
    I will give shopping ads a chance.

I am concerned about the stats.
    I do not understand them, or what
    they are based on.

ih82lose, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  12. bbrian017

Best Answers:
  13. ahmed83

ahmed83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope they offer other payment methods other than paypal like check or Moneybookers. I have alot of US and UK traffic.

ahmed83, Jan 13, 2008 IP