1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profitable E-Commerce site $1,000 monthly NR

Discussion in 'Sites' started by thewindmaster, Jan 2, 2008.

URL: BlademasterWholesale.com
    Description: E-commerce site selling knives and swords
    Domain Paid Through 2012

Site Start Date: Jan 2005

Traffic:
    20k Visits per Month
    90k page views per month
    Mostly from Direct Request but a fair amount of Search engine traffic (primarily Google)
    http://www.bindexed.com/sitesales/Blade_traffic.gif

Revenue:
    2006& 2007 ($1,000 Monthly with little promotion)
    2005 Annual Revenues were $30,000
    http://www.bindexed.com/sitesales/Blade_Revenue.gif

Expenses:
    $80 per month Hosting/E-Commerce Software
    ~$350 per month in Product Costs (based on $1k in Sales)
    ~$200 per month in Shipping (based on $1k in Sales)
    ~$50 per month in Adwords

Profit: ~$300 per month Average in 2006 & 2007

Details:
    BlademasterWholesale is a reseller of knives and swords. This is not a drop shipping operation. You must order, package and ship the product. You really do not have to stock anything but I did to turn orders faster. All product comes from a single supplier which will only be revealed to the auction winner. Average margin on each product is typically 50%-200% plus 10%-30% mark up on shipping. Pricing is very similar or less than most competitors. It is just a matter of promoting and getting more people to the site.

The site is hosted with the Volusion E-Commerce system. It is all inclusive. You can stay with it but I think you can increase your profit margin by moving it to Ebay’s Prostores. I never took the time or energy to move it.

There is an existing customer database of over 2,500 people that can be directly marketed to!

The site has never really had the attention that would make it thrive. With proper marketing this site has the potential to earn someone a decent living. Someone familiar with Ebay, Amazon, and Froogle can make a lot of money here.

Requirements for new Owner:
    Must live in the United States
    Residents of CA, MA, NY, or DE will have some limitation on products they can carry due to state laws.
    Must be able to package and ship physical products
    Buyer must also acquire a State Tax ID (A very simple process costing about $50)
    Take over hosting or transfer the operation.

Details of the Transaction/Payment Terms:
    Acceptable payment methods include, check, wire transfer, or Escrow.com (split the fees)
    I will not accept Paypal for a digital product. Too Risky.
    Once the payment is complete. I will give the buyer immediate access to the sites control panel so they can change the payment methods and start accepting payments for orders. I will also give the buyer access to the hosting account so they can change the payment details to be charged for the monthly hosting. (or you can transfer to Prostores or some other outfit and I will cancel the volusion myself). Once this step is complete I will transfer the domain name via GoDaddy.

Why I am selling/My Status:
    I never really put any time or energy in the site. I basically just filled the orders that came in. For the last 6 months I have even cancelled/refunded many orders for items that I did not have in stock. I mainly just held the site to clear out a lot of inventory that I had purchased. I now have a new baby on the way and am in the process of purchasing the Brick and Mortar company that I work for. It is a huge commitment and I need every bit of time and money I can spare. I have to sell this site to free up time so there will be no reserve and a fairly low BIN considering the stability of the profit, potential for growth, existing customer database, paid domain name, and age of site.

Starting Bid: $100
    Reserve: None
    Buy it Now: $3000

Edit: There is also several hundred dollars in inventory that I have and can negotiate it as part of the deal but the buyer must pay for shipping to them.

thewindmaster, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  2. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    In response to questions vai PM. I will run the auction for 3 weeks from the date of the first post.

thewindmaster, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  3. curialfi

curialfi Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

I am looking for to buy an ebay account, 30 days old and with more than 10 feedback?

Please PM!

thanks

curialfi, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. salesming

salesming Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    500$ here, your guy can dropship?

Pm thread url on new bids