1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Needing adsense critique

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by dm_guru, Jan 28, 2006.

May I first start off by saying that this forum is a great resource for information. This is my first post as I am a new member.

My wife and I have a business that we have been running for years. We have in the past year created a website http://www.ontimemailingservices.com and are looking to get some professional advice on correct adsense ad placement for this site.

If you have a few moments to offer us some critiques or recommendations, we would be grateful.

Thanks again for your time spent on our request.

Please feel free to be as blunt and honest as necessary.

dm_guru, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    It looks like you're off to a good start. I can see you are blending color schemes with your site. I have found better success doing this. It's a little old now but I have also found rotating images with ads increases click through. Be carefull with this, it is somewhat grey...Google will take issue with it if your images are not generic enough. Advertisers will complain!

Other than those points keep your site clean and on topic...don't fall into the trap of 'made for adsense'. Grow your theme and Adsense will grow with you :).

Rotsa Ruck ;)

PS: My sig also offers insight

EDIT: Welcome to DP

Homer, Jan 28, 2006 IP
    dm_guru likes this.
  3. andriusk

andriusk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks nice to me. Maybe it can help you, if add adlinks unit on the left column, that you can know that only after testing.

andriusk, Jan 29, 2006 IP
    dm_guru likes this.
  4. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks very nice.
    Try to add a blind ad unit (468X60 - Banner format) above the "Direct Mail Analysis - The Benefits" title in your main page.

Welcome to DP & Good luck :)

BuildHome, Jan 29, 2006 IP
    dm_guru likes this.
  5. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It looks very good and the colors match perfectly with the site, but you may do better if it is not as easily identified as a defined area.... In my experience, ads do better without a border color... ;)

clasione, Jan 29, 2006 IP
    dm_guru likes this.
  6. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Also I generally browse on 1024 with the favourites window open at the side and that throws your layout to pot leaving a large space in the middle.

sji2671, Jan 29, 2006 IP
    dm_guru likes this.
  7. dm_guru

dm_guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Many thanks to Homer, andriusk, BuildHome, clasione, and sji2671 for your taking the time to review.

I will try to incorporate all of your suggestions into the site design, however, some are easier than others. I do not know an easy way to blend the ad units on the right hand side of the page so that they don't look artificially placed because of the background. G does not allow for a transparent setting on background and it is hard to match against the background.

I use css for page layout and would love to learn how to keep layout from condensing when window is smaller than expected. I think there is a way with minimum widths for div's but I am not sure. If anyone has experience here and could give me a few pointers I would be grateful.

Thanks again for your insights and may you all have a great year!

dm_guru, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  8. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One thing which I would consider doing is justifying the main body text. Also I think you need to fill the body text write down to the bottom of where the ad on the right ends.

Notting, Jan 30, 2006 IP