1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to track percentage of PSA's displayed?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by hulkster, Jan 27, 2006.

So I was recently fiddling around with the alternate ad setting on Adsense (since I wanted my charity to pop up for PSA's rather than whatever Google selected). And there appears to be an incredible easy way to track the percentage of PSA ads being shown by just looking at your referrer data ... and it was higher than I thought it would be (by guess is geo-location is coming into play). Anybody else done something like this?

P.S. I never saw a PSA ad in some quick surfing I did ... even when I created a brand-spanking new page. Ended up sending a note into Google asking if there is any way to FORCE a PSA to show on a page.

hulkster, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  2. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea, it would allow non-profits and charities to help each other out. If it was an option, I'd put PSAs on my websites' contact us, about us, etc pages.

Right now it's of no concern though, PSAs showing on 100% of my pages :D

Sharpseo, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  3. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    100% PSA's ... that suggests your Adsense ID has been banned (?)

4. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=54045

Ads are back now, were down for almost an hour that I noticed. DP wasn't showing adsense for a while, I saw Amazon Banners.

I'd like to think that I do enough business with G that they wouldn't cancel my acct without at least emailing me first :D I'll probably do $70k of business with Google this year. However, that hasn't stopped them from completely ignoring my emails in the past.

Sharpseo, Jan 27, 2006 IP
    hulkster likes this.
  5. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    $70K/year - WOW - sorry about thinking you had gotten banned.

Good pointer on that DP thread.
    alek

6. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a good writeup on how to track percentage of PSA's that Adsense shows. Also has commentary on the outage last Friday.

hulkster, Jan 30, 2006 IP