1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice: Physical Threats and Chargeback from Directory Owner

Discussion in 'Directories' started by LanceT22, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Is there any use of such topics if you cannot reveal who the person is? We would definitely wanna hear the other guys story also.

You must clearly reveal who is the person in the first case! What you are trying to do is cover up the person if your money is with you and if money goes back you wanna reveal him of the forum only coz your money would go?

Just plan stupidity I would say, stop wasting time of people of this section if you are so afraid of revealing things. And if you wanna continue to hide people, please ask mods to move this thread to paypal, coz then its just another scammed paypal story & if your discussions are so private & confidential keep it via emails & pm only. :rolleyes:

humm, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  2. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:

Fair enough.. especially since the person hasn't responded to defend himself. I am not afraid to reveal who it is, I am sure if you spent 15 seconds looking you would figure it out.

I was hoping this person would respond instead of just threats..

Mods: Please move this thread.. thanks.. :)

LanceT22, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  3. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $100 first bid
    $230 second bid
    Total = $330
    I wish i could figure out whom you are talking about. (By the looks of it....there is just one guy who actually has bid bigger than $330 and when i check his site dollarlink.....blah i see your link at $75) I think i got it

Lance, believe me....you will get more support if we could knew about the person you are talking about.
    It just that you will save many other ASSES being f..... by that guy. You know what i am talking about. Right.

iPod, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  4. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes and i wish i could stop the idiots that send me emails regarding thier NEW bid-directories
    hoping for $ucker$ to jump... :rolleyes:

Truthfully we haven't submitted to many lately and probably wont and really glad
    that we never built more then a handful. :)

PS... So where ya been hiding out Ipod

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  5. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    It really sucks to see bidding ethics. I am quite happy with the web directory world, I guess it was wise discussion of me to keep my link building away from the bidding territory.

It feels terrible to say this being a bidding directory owner, having friends into bidding world. But I guess, its risky now to trust fresh popping up bidding directories.

Better to wait and see who gets himself established.

Glad to see though, that there is still a ray of hope since some intelligent and genuine minds still exist in the bidding business.

humm, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  6. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree with you more. This is why I only invest in bidding directories that I trust as well.

If you spend a few minutes going through some old "announcements" I bet (just guessing) you will find a bunch that no longer are even paying for their hosting. And a bunch that don't exist.

Lance

LanceT22, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    humm likes this.
  7. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Malcolm
    I haven't been hiding. Just took a break from DP....more precisely took a break from new threads like "New Directory List" "My Directory Is Best" "Paid Links Crap" "Google slammed me" etc etc.
    I think DP became more like a daily soap...the same story over and over again.

iPod is no more an iPod by the way. Switched over to iPhone yesterday ;)

Honestly, haven' had anymore emails since few days, from new bid directory owners as you mentioned

iPod, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  8. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

Sad, very sad indeeded, now i know where all those bids on bidding directories come from, basically they are reciprocal links and nothing more, and i thought people had lots of money :D.

Lance i never expected that you would actually agree to doing such a deal in the first place. "where is the Bidding" part ? Its more like negotiations rather than bidding taking place.

No wonder no one wants to bid on www.mycharitybids.com which does not indulge in such stupid deals.

Hmm, does that goez for your wife or girlfriend also :p:p

paidhosting, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  9. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    PaidHosting... Yes, I agree with you too, I was shocked when I started getting emails about all my bids being outbid, and they were all by the same person.

Anyway, like I said, when I receive a big new bid, I usually look at that directory and if they look like they are good I will bid back. That is all that happened here.

LanceT22, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  10. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Well what actually happened is between you and him as we do not have access to your email account and what the deal actually was, but from what i see, he wanted to do a deal where he bids and you bid accordingly back on his directory.

But wait what directory it was that looked good for you at first but later when the user bid $230 , you did not feel like bidding anymore ?

If i were you , would refund the money and get rid of annoyance, as its not worth getting annoyed over $230 life is more precious and tension causes blood pressure and other diseases which ultimately reduce your lifespan.

For example when some customer gets on my nerves i slap their money on their face and tell them to get lost as its not worth the headache over few bucks.

paidhosting, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  11. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right, that is what HE wanted. I explained to him that was not ethical nor would I participate. Then he kept bidding on my directory and demanding that I either return the bid or refund his money.

It would be the same as if I bid $100 on your directory. Then two days later sent you an email asking when you were going to bid $100 on mine, then would you told me you weren't going to, I opened a claim in PayPal and said I was coming to your house.

Does it make sense now?

LanceT22, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  12. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Wow Intense...

So "link pimping" isnt a sport anymore :eek:

Yes i do miss the good soaps like "Days of our Directories" that brought drama and suspense
    to every thread with New cinema stars appearing daily and getting banned hourly....Where you couldnt get
    out off your seat for fear someone would be in your "girl's panties" or someone throwing "karate chops"
    and talking smack about you and your investments.... aaaah the good ole days how i miss them so. :D

Contact Crazy Rob and see if thier willing to let you Upgrade ipod to iphone if it isnt already taken. :p

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  13. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With all respects Lance...I think this thread is plain stupid. This is what every single troll around was waiting for. I think you realize that this silly thread may have a huge negative impact on all bid directories around even if the owners are honest and conduct their business in a proper way. I'm sure there will be a lot of webmasters reading this and making a wrong image on bid directories. Also with so many G-eyes around these forums this is a reason to discredit the bid directories even more and I won't be surprised if G will take a sort of action and inocent bid directory owners will pay for this thread.
    Regarding your problem...you supposed to sort it out on private rather than posting here. Also from my point of view, once you have accepted the "deal" with your friend you just became as dirty as he is. Sorry to say this...just my two cents...

loredan, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  14. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you and tried to have it moved.

ALSO, if you read the thread, I didn't agree to this deal as you put it..
    If you look at MY directory and the bids on it, it is also clear that I DO NOT PARTICIPATE in this type of thing. In FACT I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars for top spots on the big directories and if you look at the bids they have on my directory you will see that I in no way participate in this sort of "link fixing"

LanceT22, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  15. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So curiosity got the best of me and I had to go figure it out for myself. I think I have it nailed down who your talking about. And anyone making threats against someone else is never acceptable

swedal, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  16. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thats why i recommended earlier not to discuss it here.

Lance i really hope you get this sorted, stick with it endure the stress of dealing with it and im sure you will come out the other end happy enough.

Too many eyes on DP to do too much damage, this gives them a field day as Loredan is pointing out.

Ive given myself a slap a few times when about to post something and realising that theres certain parts of business that should be kept confidential.

pipes, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    LanceT22 likes this.
  17. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    The difference is, with the exception of Zorg Links, NONE of the sites that I have bid on have bid back nearly close to what I have bid on theirs.. nor have I solicited any of the bids.

If you look at the person "you think it is", you will notice almost every bid is "CLOSE" in range with the corresponding bid.

LanceT22, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  18. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:
    Lance do you really think this helps the directory industry??

common stop replying, and move on.

either you refund and delete the entry in the directory.
    or you dont refund, and make it clear to the directory owner.

close this thread and go on with the business, and never fall for this kind of deals.
    keep your directory clean and fair.

but do you really think this is helping the directory industry, i think it is a shame.

so please stop this thread and go on with business in a fair way.

dtm, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    LanceT22 likes this.
  19. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    When would you leave these wanna be kinda promotion tactics? Did anyone request here for dirs not doing stupid deals? :rolleyes:

Don't take threads out of topics and keep self promotion at its max. Learn to be normal.

humm, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  20. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    ahhh dont mind him hes just a "link hoe" :eek:

ok at the request of a few ill stop posting in this thread
    as it places a clear focas on......... nothing

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    dtm likes this.
Thread Status: