1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone help me??

Discussion in 'Programming' started by AngelaR, Jan 7, 2008.

Hi there!

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to do the following, I am not very good with programming, lol, but would love to be able to learn.

1. I want to be able to have an image displayed on a webpage.

2. I would like to be able to make 3 spots on that image editable for a website visitor to be able to fill in a text box and that text would be then filled in on the image.

Does this make sense? Which programming language would I use? Any ideas on how to implement this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated + rep as always!

EDIT: I found an example of basically the exact effect I would like to achieve.

http://www.hetemeel.com/einsteinform.php

Anybody?

AngelaR, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  2. Sepehr

Sepehr Peon

Best Answers:
    you can do that with PHP using GD library!
    http://php.net/gd

but if you don't know PHP i'm not sure if the link helps you, you might want to search for premade PHP scripts that do this.

Sepehr, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    AngelaR likes this.
  3. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    Sepehr: Thanks for your advice :) Any idea of any pre-made scripts to do this? What would I even use for a search term? I tried Dynamic Image Script and didnt get anything relevant.... Any ideas?

AngelaR, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  4. LittleJonSupportSite

LittleJonSupportSite Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a ton of pre fab scripts out there to do this.

Your goal here is a PHP + Mysql backend.

If you want to code it yourself i can help you along if you want me to install a script for you or design one for you I can do this aswell.

PM me.

LittleJonSupportSite, Jan 7, 2008 IP
    AngelaR likes this.
  5. Sepehr

Sepehr Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't remember working with any script that does this but you might want to search for something like "text to image php script" or "write on image php script". you can also check script download sites like hotscripts.com which has a huge amount of scripts on it!

Sepehr, Jan 7, 2008 IP