1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Religion of Peace" - Usage?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by northpointaiki, Jan 6, 2008.

?

"Religion of Peace" - Usage?

1. Referring to Islam

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Referring to Hinduism, or some other religion

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
    The claim is being made in another thread that the term "Religion of Peace" was not meant to be about Islam, but Hinduism, in a thread about honor killings.

Here is the thread; esp. pages 2-3.

The question at hand isn't about whether one does or does not have a problem with Islam. I am not seeking to call anyone out for their beliefs or faith. I am asking for an evaluation of intellectual honesty. The question is about whether the term "Religion of Peace" is being used to refer to Islam, or to Hinduism (indeed, any other religion).

What's your opinion?

northpointaiki, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  2. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately i dont believe peace has anyplace in the general aurora surrounding islam unless i was a muslim.

Grafstein, Jan 6, 2008 IP
    d16man likes this.
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PLUS

If you look at the opening post.

I don't see anything relating to religion at all, or am I missing it. The only thing I see related to religion is stating it is NOT Islam. Why would anyone respond about religion, such as what happened.

Since the only religion even mentioned was Islam I don't see how it could be taken any other way.

Granted the 'caste' system was brought up, my understanding though the caste system is not souly used by one religion in India. Makes it kind of hard to claim a religion based on that IMHO.

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  5. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lmfao!!! You are beat, and you can't let it go...and what a biased poll...I guess to you it is either Islam or not, and there can be no in between....Thanks for making me laugh so hard!

Furthermore, on your above post:

you say that Islam is the only religion mentioned...but I disagree...because the caste system was mentioned...since when did Islam have a caste system? How many other religions have one? Do you even know?

d16man, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you do some research on India and the caste system :rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_caste_system
    ;)

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  8. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    d16man, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  9. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not Indian, I however have read many articles where it states it is not just Hindu.

Even Thewebmaster who is Indian did not appear to be 100% certain if the person was Hindu, that should tell you something. I believe he stated he suspected he was, that's far from saying he has to be using the 'caste system'

Furthermore you didn't appear to know much about the caste system, you didn't bring it up until someone else did and asked for more info on it.

I highly doubt you even knew what the caste system meant to be brutally honest ;)

You have used 'the religion of peace' 'a religion of peace' so many times before and you are known to blindly jump into threads without an understanding of what is going on. Much like when you accused democrats for giving coupons for tv convertors without knowing the facts ;)

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh, but I unlike you do make an attempt at doing research before I make posts ;)

I could be wrong here, one of our good forum members from India would be best on this subject afterall.

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  11. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I for one knew that Caste System is a part of the Hindu religion...when I explained that to webbie, he apologized for misreading my post...why is that so hard for ya'll to do? You are the ones who have made the obvious mistake. As I have said, yes, I have used those terms to respond to Islam, but in this case, it was not. Furthermore, this whole conversation was worked out, and NoPoint had made 3 Posts before he even had an issue...looks like he was bored and thought he could nail me on something,and when he realized he could not, he had to keep the conversation going to the point of this biased poll....now that you are trying to do the same and stick up for your friend no point, where is this going to end??

I know what I said, Webbie, who started the thread, knows what I said as well...why is this an issue with the two of you?

Ah but unlike me, You also try to tell people what they are saying and how they are thinking, which is what you are doing now...sorry, I can think for myself, and I can say what I want and know how I mean it...and yes, you are wrong, on everything.

d16man, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  12. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    letsjoy, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Coming from you d16man that has got to be some form of a joke :D

If I am wrong on everything what does that make you? Not even alive perhaps?

Actually you mentioned 'Hindu' only after thewebmaster stated he thought he was Hindu. You did not explain anything about Hindu, or the caste system to thewebmaster. I suggest you reread your own posts.

thankyou though for having me reread the thread, more info sure shows what you meant.

You admit you use 'the religion of peace' and 'a religion of peace' for islam in the past.

But you also state that you stated that more for 'mr banned' which is a muslim :rolleyes:

Now why would you say

to a muslim?
    The 'mr banned' of course is http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=111630

Wow you got some bridges to sell us as well?

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    BTW further proof of what was meant, not only did he say it to 'mr banned' a muslim.
    He said it at what time and day?

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=5911650&postcount=2

Jan 3rd 2008, 8:27 am

Now to the same 'mr banned' d16 says

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=5911869&postcount=11

At time stamp

Jan 3rd 2008, 8:42 am

So we are supposed to believe you say pretty much the same exact phrase, to the same exact poster, not even a 1/2 hour apart, having a history of using the phrase to bash Islam but it was not used to be against Islam?

Yeah ok

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    D16, I made the poll as it wasn't appropriate to continue the conversation in another member's thread - as I said in his thread.

You were clearly nailed by your own words, nothing else. You danced a different tune every time you were hoisted on your own petard. If folks come out and wish to evaluate the thread, and make their thoughts known here, fine. If not, fine.

I was more curious how much people actually do value honesty in the forum, over the substance of the debate.

northpointaiki, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  16. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

wheres the problem?? Except with you GRIM??

d16man, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is you are blatantly lying :rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  18. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh, so you can read my thoughts and know exactly what I am saying? didn't know you were a psychic...

d16man, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  19. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh did you read the time line above?

Why would you say the statement to a muslim you have had debates with before, not even a 1/2 hour after stating almost the same phrase?

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  20. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    first of all, I was not having that debate only with one person, there were actually three of us involved...once again, why are you trying to tell me what I meant? I know what I meant, as does webbie.

d16man, Jan 6, 2008 IP