1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spanish SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jestep, Jan 26, 2006.

We are making a section of our website in spanish. I have someone who can write the pages, no problem, but as far as keyword research goes, he doesn't know how to do it very well, and I don't know Spanish enough to do it myself.

Does anyone have experience researching popular key phrases for other languages. I was personally planning on using the keyword tool here at digitalpoint and the overture tool but I'm not sure how accurate it will end up being.

jestep, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    There is no real tool for spanish words, more of a guess and try game. I suffered that also when I built a Spanish site.

fryman, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  3. tresman

tresman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tresman, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  4. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Dowser will return Spanish keywords, similar key words, number of searches, highest bid from overture etc.

Also DP keyword suggestion lets you choose counties and enter foreign languages.

elkiwi, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I did see that, but we would be targeting Spanish speaking Americans. It may still work, but by using a different country there is a decent chance that we would be targeting terms that aren't relevant in our country. I am definitely planning on trying it though.

Its the one in my sig: http://www.merchantequip.com

We currently have one page on there and have had for a while, but its poorly written and we are going to replace it with a 10 - 15 page sub site to start with. Eventually, we plan to have a Spanish mirror, but we're starting smaller.

jestep, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    The dowser looks like the junk you find at clickbank

DPs tool only gives searches for Spain, totally different than the Spanish used in Latin America

fryman, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  7. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried it? Other wise your review of it is pretty much junk.

It's uses the same Word Tracker info as DP (results are almost identical) plus shows how many ads are available, highest bid from overture, KEI info, number of searches and competition. I've used many keyword tools and The Dowser out does all of them.

Why don't you give it a try before trashing it and giving it a bad name?

elkiwi, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Nah, looks like junk and I have never ever heard anyone talk about it at any SEO forum.

Does it even give you search phrases for Latin America, or just from Spain? I'd rather use Overture then.

fryman, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  9. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    It returns results on phrases you type in and then you can see more specific search terms where or not those are generated from people in Spain or Latin America I don't know.

BTW it queries Overture and I've checked it's results against overture's. They are the same.

elkiwi, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  10. donwebcorleone

donwebcorleone Peon

Best Answers:

Totally different? cmon! that is like saying then that Australians speak a totally different English than Americans. Dont mislead this girl :) Fryman, you are british...

donwebcorleone, Jan 26, 2006 IP