1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competition for forum posting companies

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by gworld, Jan 25, 2006.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you were just a writer and your involvement with Morgan was nothing more than that then I am sorry, but in the light of bad experience with Morgan, you can understand why I am suspicious of these type of companies.
    Anyway this thread is about finding companies that can prove to us the quality of their service and not about discussing paidposts.com mess.

Forumbulge has send me a PM that he will participate if I pay them $10 for 40 posts and since as I mentioned before this is about finding the right supplier I have decided to agree so we will have a chance to see the quality of their work.

Three place is taken by Forumfrogs.com, ForumAdvantage.com and ForumBuldge.com (40 posts), 2 place left.

gworld, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  2. Harmony

Harmony Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alright.. peaceful now.
    Good luck with the competition though.

Harmony, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  3. noiprox

noiprox Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i pay my writers the same amount for each job. some jobs might pay more than others, but they all get the same payment. i do added bonuses as well. if im depending on my posters, i wouldnt want anyone who wouldnt do the same job as i.

noiprox, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  4. noiprox

noiprox Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i can understand if he wants to prove himself, but in the heart of being fair, allowing him to make demands, is unfair to the others imo. this is more about the customer, and keeping them, and not about the money to me. i can take a loss for the betterment of customer service, so that being said.... i will be doing your posts for free.

noiprox, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  5. Serg

Serg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Interesting...

I have hired 2 companies so far, one has done rather well and the other I am not sure about yet....

Serg, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  6. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just quickly - it's not a demand.
    I offered to treat gworld as a regular customer, and that is by going along with my price plans if he so wished.

forumbulge, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  7. Harmony

Harmony Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, and he accepted it. Its just proving to him how the quality of the posts will be, so I guess yaa...

Harmony, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I understand your concerns but it is important to get a sample of different companies work, so the quality can be judged by all users. That said, I think the way you handle yourself during the process, flexibility in negotiation and other factors are as important as the quality of the work and will be noticed by anyone interested in such services.

So far you have shown a very good co-operation spirit and I personally appreciate it. I also appreciate your offer about doing it for free but this is not appropriate in context of this competition and you will be paid as others.

What I find most interesting and disturbing is the fact that while many advertise such services in DP, we have still not found our 5 participant for this competition. May be proving the first class quality service is not as easy as claiming it. ;)

Three place is taken by Forumfrogs.com, ForumAdvantage.com and ForumBuldge.com (40 posts), 2 place left.

gworld, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Give it up man... Gworld is just trying to harass you into submission. If he labels you, its likely not worth arguing about, because you are not going to change his mind. If he accuses you of something, again, don't sweat it, because its all in his mind.

You'll fried a great bunch of people here at DP that will know different.

That or maybe others are fearful of retribution. Given your normal demeanor and obtuse behaivor I really would not be compelled to work with you.

No offense, but it seems that that could possibly have quite a bit to do with it.

Mia, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It seems contrary to your posting, I can change my mind if I get an explanation as it is obvious here:

For those who don't about the background to mia's post, once in a time there were couple of happy bigot stooges in the general chat. They would just keep posting about how great Bush is and all the Arab and Muslims are terrorists and should be killed and Muslims just want to kill Jews and rape women with help of their God.

I started to post that they are bigots and racists and bad people exist in every culture, race and religion. Needless to say that bigot stooges were not very happy about this since they could not post their usual BS without any opposition and since then mia is posting in every thread that I post independent if it is about DMOZ, forum posting, web design or anything else.
    ;)

gworld, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  11. falco85

falco85 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

sorry to say to the thread starter that I totally agree ;)

falco85, Jan 27, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  12. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you offer this kind of service? If you read the thread, you could have seen that the person who made that post (ForumBuldge) has joined the competition. :rolleyes:

gworld, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  13. CPW-Carl

CPW-Carl Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just started looking around for forums posters, so will watch the entries in this thread with interest.

CPW-Carl, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  14. Chrissie

Chrissie Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello Im from Inb0x.com and we also provide paid forum posting.

If this competitions starts after the 6th February our company will gladly step in and join.

I dont believe in being paid to have ourselves listed in this type of competition so Inb0x will provide you with 50 posts for Free.
    50 posts over a 2 week duration will be about 5 posts daily as we dont work weekends.

Let me know if this is workable, and sorry we cant join until after that date but we are very busy at the moment. Let me know either way and i will add you to our working schedule.

Thanks

Chrissie, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I send PM to Chrissie and while thanking them for free posing offer, I explained that this was not acceptable since it will not be fair to others. They agreed that they will also post 100 posts for $10. So welcome to the competition and thank you.

four places is taken by Forumfrogs.com, ForumAdvantage.com, ForumBuldge.com (40 posts) and InB0x.com, Who will be the last one to join? :)

gworld, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  16. CJJR

CJJR Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I no longer manage postonmyforum, but I've contacted the current owner to let her know about this competition.

We did something similar in the past with good success, so she may be interested. I'll let you know when she gets back to me. That is, if that last spot is still available by then.

CJJR

CJJR, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I got a PM from postonmyforum.com that they will participate, so all the five places are taken now.

Forumfrogs.com, ForumAdvantage.com, ForumBuldge.com (40 posts) and InB0x.com and postonmyforum.com are the participants in the competition.

Please PM me your paypal payment information and the user names that your users going to use on the forum. There is no limit on the number of users that can be used in the forum.

I will post a new thread with the name of each company and the user names that they are using, so everyone can judge the quality by themselves and vote in the poll.

I am thinking to have 2 weeks posting time for this competition, if this is acceptable to all of you. Thanks.

gworld, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  18. noiprox

noiprox Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i appreciate that as well, but my point was more that you offered us the competition, and offered what the price was, and those who were unwilling to post for that price should have moved on. this competition is about much more than money, which is why i was thinking of that last, not first.

I think it speaks loudly for you that you are willing to pay your own money so that forum services have a chance to actually put their money where their mouths are, so to speak. for this, i commend you for being that type of community member.

i was thinking the same thing. i figured it would have been going by now.

noiprox, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Update:

I have received the requested information from 3 of the participants and the competition starts as soon as I have the information for all five. :)

gworld, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  20. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh this is going to be really good. I hope PostOnMyForum wins ;-)

Kaabi, Jan 29, 2006 IP