1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who else thinks this guy should be strung up?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GRIM, Jan 6, 2008.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22525923/

Granted he is a US citizen so I'll still support his right to constitutional protections, I don't care how much of a scum bag you are, if you're a citizen you deserve them. This guy however is about as low as you possibly can be, love the president or hate him, this simply makes me sick.

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I see him as an enemy, like any other enemy urging the death of Americans, and as such is not to be afforded constitutional protections. He and his brethren want nothing but our end, as a people, and if he were in my sights, I'd squeeze the trigger myself. The problem is, I think, we continue to create conditions propitious for them to gain an ear.

northpointaiki, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  3. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    So would i,unfortunately some sick individuals condone the death of the president http://www.killbush.net/index.php?art=99

Grafstein, Jan 6, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  4. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    The corporate media has been promoting this sort of propaganda forever, why pay attention to it anymore. They WILL abolish the Constitution eventually, get ready to it

demosfen, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you, I just am solid in my belief no matter how much of a monster you are, if you're a citizen you deserve at bare minimum constitutional protections. I do not see that as a protection from being shot on the battle field however ;) Only if for example he is caught, it would be how he's brought to justice.

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  6. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "Gadahn is the first American to be charged with treason since the World War II-era."

The US needs to try more people for treason in these cases. There's hundreds of Americans that are involved with Al Qaida and only get a slap on the wrist.

John Walker Lindh, the American taliban, was catured with the taliban in Afghanistan an AK47 and two hand grenades and setenced to 20 years.

bogart, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  7. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The US constitution has a provision for trying him with treason which is punishable by death.

bogart, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  8. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to ask where he lives now. But read through the remaining article and found out where. Apparently they think he is in Pakistan - Oh how I am not suprised. But anyways, I didnt realise that he/Gudahn was the 1st American to be charged with treason since WW2

lpstong, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  9. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The American al-Qaida militant Adam Gadahn was raised in California and is Jewish.

bogart, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    While I do agree more could be charged, it is a very slippery slope to start charging more. Where will the government draw the line on who they charge with treason, will it be anyone who argues against them?

Same reason I am not for stripping constitutional rights away from a citizen, even in this case. What happens if the government starts charging thousands, unjustly with treason, when the treason label is applied and your constitutional protections are gone, am I the only one who sees how much of a disaster this could be? Exactly what our founding fathers did their damnest to prevent.

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Section 3 of the US Constition states that:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

bogart, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with you - and I don't know - but at what point does one relinquish citizenship by words or actions?

northpointaiki, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  13. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The question is did he relinquish his US citizenship? And if so, and I am not sure if he did it before or after he was charged with treason,

lpstong, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Which is much of where I draw my stance on the issue. Plus you know how well the government loves to twist and step over the constitution ;)
    IMHO 'not legally' just my honest opinion, I don't think citizenship is something that can be just taken away or given up.
    See above for my opinion of the matter ;)

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  15. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Section 349 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, states that U.S. citizens are subject to loss of citizenship if they perform certain acts voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. citizenship. Briefly stated, these acts include:

(1) obtaining naturalization in a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);

(2) taking an oath, affirmation or other formal declaration to a foreign state or its political subdivisions (Sec. 349 (a) (2) INA);

(3) entering or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the U.S. or serving as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the armed forces of a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (3) INA);

(4) accepting employment with a foreign government if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) a declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA);

(5) formally renouncing U.S. citizenship before a U.S. consular officer outside the United States (sec. 349 (a) (5) INA);

(6) formally renouncing U.S. citizenship within the U.S. (but only "in time of war") (Sec. 349 (a) (6) INA);

(7) conviction for an act of treason (Sec. 349 (a) (7) INA).

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_778.html

bogart, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes laws passed that are not included in the constitution ;)

As I said IMHO, not 'legally' my opinion comes from what I feel the constitution stands for and not silly laws passed afterwards :p

GRIM, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  17. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, he should be executed, or put in Gitmo at the very least, then these dumbed down westerners can feel sorry for him & blame the harsh government for his downfall & best of all if he gets out of gitmo then he could bomb something & still get sympathy from idiots, as they will claim "it's probably revenge for being locked up, wouldn't you if you were innocent?"

:D

Toopac, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  18. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He should be put away in jail for good with no parole until he gets back a semblance of his sanity back. He speaks like this and yet he is using america to support him and his twisted views. Islamic fundamentalists basic view is that they want teh whole world to be islamic. That is what would truely make them happy. It goes way beyond what we are doing there. We should be against any kind of extremist view.

pingpong123, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  19. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think he is Jewish. One of his four grandparents is Jewish, but I do not think he was raised Jewish, nor did his parents practice Judaism during his lifetime.

In fact from Wiki:

"Gadahn's father, originally Phil Pearlman, grew up in Orange County, California. He was involved in the counterculture movement at the University of California at Irvine, and before Adam's birth became a self-styled religious Christian. He and his wife Jennifer changed their name to Gadahan, after the Biblical warrior Gid’on or Gideon"

browntwn, Jan 6, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some nut said something stupid and look at you people, having a competition to see who can overreact the most. get over it.

stOx, Jan 6, 2008 IP