1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wildcard and other search inputs

Discussion in 'PHP' started by guruguy, Jan 6, 2008.

I am running a match with the preg_match function, and I need to search for an ip address and port in a string. Can someone give a search pattern that will return all traces of an ip and port in the ip : port format. i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyyy or xx.x.x.x:yy etc. Also could someone link to a resource that lists all the search operators (i.e. wildcards etc.) and what they do.

guruguy, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  2. Kaizoku

Kaizoku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is on the top of my head, not tested.

$string = "192.268.0.1:8080";
    preg_match("/([0-9]{2,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}):([0-9]{2,4})/", $string, $x);
    list($string, $ip, $port) = $x;
    echo $ip; // 192.268.0.1
    echo $port; // 8080

PHP:
    Why bother with that?
    Here is more efficient way.

$string = "192.268.0.1:8080";
    list($ip, $port) = explode(":", $string);
    echo $ip; // 192.268.0.1
    echo $port; // 8080

PHP:

Kaizoku, Jan 6, 2008 IP
    guruguy likes this.
  3. guruguy

guruguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for that, I've repped you. The first example looks like what I need but I am a bit too tired to test it, so I'll have another look tomorrow. The purpose of it is to grab the entire proxy and port from another web page. I already have the code to manipulate it, however I just need to know how to extract it from a much larger string, which I thing the first preg_match search pattern does.

guruguy, Jan 6, 2008 IP