1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul's Polling Firm Behind Anti-Mormon Phone Calls

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GTech, Jan 5, 2008.

1. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you republicans who might well fall under a large tent allow yourselves to be defined by someone who represents the narrowest part of the tent...then you are losing.

Anyone of any party should feel comfortable sourcing documentation from any source.

The existance of RP within the repub party widens the party. The extreme can't handle that. The extreme can't handle broad perspectives.

That is true in any party. Many folks of many perspectives don't fall within the narrowest definition of a party. In fact when folks like gtech and d16 go so far out on the limb....if that is how you want to define republicanism...so be it. You have a party of about 20% of the voting population.

That is usually defined as a losing party.

uh uh uh.....that seems to be happening.

Course it happened to the democrats when the party was run by the most liberal of the liberal.

The furthest extreme likes to create the labels and point them everywhere..and put everyone on the defensive.

Just don't fall for it.

Actually at some level I agree with GTech in terms of my perspective that the US and the West needs to defend itself against islamic fundamentalism. And lets face it....I'm coming from the LEFT.

How to do it is where we differ mightily. In fact I think the war in Iraq was a lie and its made us weaker. There are plenty of islamic fundamentalists out there. Probably more than before that war in Iraq started.

There still out there murdering, killing, attacking whereever they can.

The US under Bush has probably bungled the wherewithall to get the rest of the west to agree on how to address the issue.

The administration reasons for going into Iraq were based on lies. The handling of the war and inability to quell violence in Iraq has stretched the US military. We are less capable of effective anything now. The US has been pushed to overuse reserves and national guard...and resorted to mercenaries. Every initial concept that the Bush administration had about this war has been proven not true.

We don't have any strong allies with us willing to confront Islamic terrorism in a military way. Nato forces in Afghanistan are fighting a weak stalemate....and there is no quelling of the taliban there. Islamics are reigning thru parts of Africa without any force to quell massive murder..and possible further state take overs there.

Iran is moving on its merry way....and we can't get them to stop their efforts to nuclear weaponry. ...and I believe they are moving in that direction.

Our economy is amazingly zinged full of holes as evidenced by the enormous drop of the value of the dollar---all of which has occurred during the Bush administration. Our financial status makes no sense....We are spending through the Kazoo for so many reasons...including massively expensive war efforts and financing it with astronomical amts of debt. While the big increases in expensese occurred Bush slashed taxes and drove debt through the roof.

There are reasons Greenspan called Bill Clinton "a good Repbulican". During Clinton's administration he somehow moved into balanced budget (as it is reported by govt accounting) and the economy soared. Govt debt wasn't crowding private debt for cash. Private debt could be priced lower....and helped maintain low interest rates.

That is a form of traditional Republicanism. In essense RP wants to get to that idea from a diffferent perspective using a different approach....but the goals are similar -> fiscal responsability.

Feel free to source any information. The media is more often than not the messenger....not the source of the problem. A media source that reports news is worthwhile for all to access. Cripes I read the Washington Times and the Washington Post.....talk about night and day. when in NYC I read the NYTimes and the NYPost->deeply conservative...overwhelmingly conservative in its editorial sections.

The politics of the elections is at such an early stage. Iowa's caucas voters, according to exit polls had attributes that were both more conservative and more liberal than the nation at large. The religious fundamentalist right pushed Huckabee to a win. He won with what.....about 40,000 votes in a state with close to 3 million registered voters.

Obama won handily...but I can't figure it out. Exit pollsters said it was about change....geez I guess that makes him the RP of the democrats. And Obama sucked up the young vote.

Edwards who was the far left competitor that showed well had to get about 70,000 votes....but only finished with about 30% to Obama'a 38%.

There is a long way to go.

But don't stand for this narrowest of labeling from GTech that you can't use a news source because of how he labels it. That isn't republicanism......that is dictatorial, narrow and the essence of fundamentalist beliefs without thinking.

hmmmm.....fundamentalist.....now doesn't he use that word a lot with regard to some group he doesn't like ;)

earlpearl, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good post Earl, not going to argue anything but just a few quick points.

#1 I also agree and I would think everyone even RP would agree we need to defend ourselves from Islamic Terrorists. He did vote for the war in Afghanistan afterall ;)
    #2 I have long felt the 2 party system needs to change, maybe that's why I put so much behind RP, not only do I agree with his stance on a vast majority of issues, possibly I hope he can bring a third party into reality, that matters with his current movement.

;)

GRIM, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    He wants to change the subject, because while he's madly going around in circles, like a dog waiting for a scooby snack, claiming he hasn't used huffpo as a source, deep down, he knows he has :D

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=5007908 (see approximate post 19 or so, Oct 29th 2007, 2:34 pm, in this thread, where he sources huffpo. I have him on ignore, so I can't copy the exact link).

Yep, they know they are filled with hypocrisy, but what choice do they have? Pretending to be "republicans" while sourcing the bastion of liberal cesspool of the web, huffpo, to prove they are conservative! Then low and behold, when it's THEIR candidate, suddenly they want to disown it and call it a smear.

That's why I have more respect for islamists than I do grim. You can be wearing white shoes, standing directly in front of you, and he'll argue that they are red. No sense of integrity or honesty. But then, he supports ron paul now, so being honest is no longer a standard.

Absolutely amazing level of hypocrisy! I love to come in and rouse up the neopaulitans! Denial. Just absolute denial and it makes my day :D

BTW, the only way you can win an argument with grim, is if you let him have the last word. Narcissism is very tough to deal with. I most often give him the last word, as that's really the only way to shut a narcissist up!

Watch...

GTech, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  4. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    btw...I voted for independants in the past. I find I usually like the candidate who is least alighned with the party....

earlpearl, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=5007929&postcount=19

I already posted this link Gtech, nice FAILED attempt. Thankyou for the absolute easy OWNAGE of you yet again. If you bothered to read the post you'd see I am being SARCASTIC.

As anyone with a 1/2 a mind can see I was showing how easy it is to find dirt on any candidate, I was not serioulsy using the Huffingtonpost :rolleyes: I actually already brought this link up in this very thread, man you make this way to easy.
    Again the article you linked to does not accuse or show RP doing anything. Yet when Huck is proven to of done something you wont admit it, talk about hypocrisy. Sort of like how you use the NYT when it works for your agenda, but otherwise they are 'liberal' :rolleyes:
    Gtech you tried that and you failed before. You tried this on the thread I owned you on about deleting posts, nice try though.
    Ahh like you and the NYT? Like you not admitting when Huck is actually flat out shown to do something, but RP is not even accused or proven to have done something you find it as proof he did? Wow..
    Ahh your attempt to get me not to own you yet again. I only have to have the last word to correct your mindless gutter trash you spew.

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  6. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    poor Gtech, look how low he went just to try and attack RP. Haha obviously hes threatened by Ron Paul. poor guy I feel sorry for you Gtech. Ill be your friend /hug.

killafawk, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is commendable ;)

GRIM, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  8. GTech

Best Answers:
    You'll need to do better than that, fawk! Your fellow rp supporters are bathing in a fountain of hypocrisy today, scrambling to make it appear otherwise. Help your fellow "republicans" out?

Grim still trying to show he did, but didn't link to huffpo? LMAO! That boy would lie to his own mother on her death bed! Yep, all you liberal "republicans" that have sourced huffpo, like grim and guerila and bryant when it's convenient, but when you get called on it with YOUR candidate, the picture is quite different!

I just can't stop laughing! Major ownage today, complete with a list of of the offender's own posts, yet the denial persists!

GTech, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  9. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Gtech, do you honestly need the definition of 'sarcasm?'

I did link to the direct link before you did ;) I did not deny linking to it, it's obvious it was used as sarcasm showing how easy it is to get dirt on anyone. I grabbed the first link off of a google search which was the huffingtonpost. If it would have been fox I would have used that :rolleyes:

So how is your denial on the NYT? How is your denial on denying when Huck is shown to do something, but the fact that RP was not accused or proven to be involved in this yet?...

GRIM, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  10. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    poor Gtech. Anyone else think Gtech is a looney discharged war vet from vietnam or something? LMAO

11. GTech

Best Answers:
    Sycophant - A sycophant (Gr. συκοφάντης) is a servile person who, acting in their own self interest, attempts to win favor by flattering one or more influential people, with an undertone that this is at the cost of their own personal pride, principles, and peer respect.

Sound familiar, fawk?

Be a man, boy, stand on your own two feet and stop sucking up to others.

Sarcasm, anyone?

"but, but, but the liberal huffpo is the favorite of us there new found and dangled republicans that have always been liberals, so we just sourced their attacks on others, until one day they got our liberal candidate, Ron Paul. Now we kinda look foolish by disowning huffpo and calling their attack a 'smear'!"

Gotta love it! Only on the digital point forums!

GTech, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How did it get RP? Yet again Gtech the article does not accuse or prove anything against RP.

Pathetic

BTW Gtech I unlike you NEVER considered myself a democrat ;)

I am for full gun ownership.
    I am for the death penalty 'in certain cases, with enough evidence'
    I am for states rights.
    I am not for welfare
    I am not for socialized health care.

Yeah I'm real 'liberal' :rolleyes:

GRIM, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  13. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:

GRIM likes this.
  14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend everyone put GTech on ignore. He hasn't had anything interesting to say in months.

@Earl - Great post. And you're right about a narrowing of the parties.

Also what GTech does by attacking someone based upon their source (not whether the content is legitimate or not) is the sort of behavior they had in Germany, when that society closed. You were not allowed to broaden the discussion because you could be subversive. You could not speak openly and freely, without being overrun by thugs.

Unfortunately, GTech represents a growing movement of pseudo-fascist censorship taking hold. Thank god for the internet where people can find out information privately, and form their choices outside the MSM vacuum and soundbites. There is hope for America (and the world).

And that's not a cheapshot at GTech, it's merely truth. The same people who lied about the war, are the ones who play dirty with dissent or alternative views. They are the ones who are ignorant of history, and ignorant of economics/science.

guerilla, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  15. GTech

Best Answers:
    All you have to do is support ron paul and tear American down, and grim will hook you up in no time at all. Just look at some of the others who have a history of supporting terrorists and tearing down America. They are slowly, but surely, moving upwards ;)

GTech, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  16. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hell i don't care as long as someone with a brain runs this country.

17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I do not tear down America, nor do I support terrorists.

I will also question even an RP supporter if I do not agree with them.

Unlike you who will simply ignore, and not respond when someone on your 'side' makes an unfactual statement.

Do you have a hard on for me or something?

GRIM, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  18. GTech

Best Answers:
    Going to try that old trick again, huh? Last time, the loonies were just discovering RP, and it didn't work out too well for you. Now, you might just have a chance.

Don't want to see the truth about your candidate. Only want to start posts calling Mitt Romney a war criminal, bashing Huckabee, and slapping the other ron paull supporters on the ass with self-congratulatory comments when faced with truth.

Yep, you go ahead and do that, guerilla. Go ahead and prove that it's not liberty and freedom and freedom of speech that you RP supporters boast yourself to support. Go ahead and prove that, when you defend white supremacists, neonazis, anti-semites, 9/11 troofers by saying "but, but, but they are Americans too and deserve a voice!"

Good call, guerilla. You just spit in the face of everything Ron Paul "supposedly" stands for, that you have tried to paint yourself as, with that call.

What, one little GTech against a dozen RP supporters on any given day, and I have you guys tongue tied and scratching your heads, because you can't confront the truth. Thank you, I'll accept that as a victory. A dozen people that knock America daily can't handle one little ol' GTech :D

Thanks for making my day!

GTech, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    So you probably won't be running then?

GTech, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  20. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Common on GTech that was a pitiful attack! Just like your attacks on Ron Paul ;)