1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

++ Need Help v. Really Simple With Wordpress Coding..

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ShowSquare, Jan 5, 2008.

I just need to add coments into the post page. But it seems my coder has stopped making contact with me, so I'm stuck trying to finish it myself. What's the code I need? I tried to copy and paste the Coments code into the static.sidebar.php file I believe that was the one that changes it. But it ruins the whole page. Anyone care to help, where to place the code, and what is the stock code. Much appricated!--

ShowSquare, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  2. Xavier_3D

Xavier_3D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    <div class="entry">
    <?php comments_template(); ?>
    </div>

This is mostly placed in Single.PHP File of your Theme, after the Post Completion. Suppose after this Entry

<?php wp_link_pages(array('before' => '<p><strong>Pages:</strong> ', 'after' => '</p>', 'next_or_number' => 'number')); ?>

But you can put it anywhere in the Template. For e.g. to put it in the Main page, you'll have to use the 1st Code in the Page.Php after the Post Script Ends.

P.S. Donot Fiddle with your Comments.php File until you know what you are doing.

I didn't really understood your meaning about the stock code. Mind elaborating it a little.

Xavier_3D, Jan 5, 2008 IP
    ShowSquare likes this.
  3. ShowSquare

ShowSquare Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just trying to insert the coment box on the post page, by stock I ment.. The basic coment box, not designed or anything.. But thanks for helping so far, I'll try that tonight.

ShowSquare, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  4. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Thats EXACTLY what he gave you above the STOCK wordpress code ....

the

<div class="entry">
    <?php comments_template(); ?>
    </div>

Brings the comments into the template with the css ,

you need the STOCK css at least to position the comment box as wordpress is all css

sundaybrew, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  5. ShowSquare

ShowSquare Active Member

Best Answers:
    worked!, had to do a little tweaking to figure out where to insert the code, as I don't use that <?wp-link.. code anywhere. but it worked thank you both!--

ShowSquare, Jan 6, 2008 IP