1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Question I Never Heard Yet About Landing Pages

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Farmer77, Jan 5, 2008.

Okay, so Google Adwords will give your landing page a crummy quality score if it does not look like a "mini-website". You now need a FAQ page, About Us page, Private Policy page, a blog page, etc. to go along with that landing page.

The Question I have is, if the landing page does not have outbound links to those other pages, but all those other pages have links pointing to the landing page, do you still get a bad quality score?

An example would be MyStore.com and Mystore.com/Blog will link to Mystore.com/Landingpage but not vice versa.

I hope you guys understand my question. It's easier to convert with just one page. And with this method that landing page is technically linked to all those pages Google asked for...so it is not an island, it just don't have outbound links going back to them so the visitor won't wander off to another section of the site and lower the conversion rate.

Farmer77, Jan 5, 2008 IP
    aff7182mst647 likes this.
  2. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually make the mini site as if you weren't doing adwords, link all those pages together. Then link your landing pages one way to the main site.

PPC-Coach, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  3. Farmer77

Farmer77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I see.
    So if I set up MyStore.com/LandingPage to only link to MyStore.com/index, can the link be made very small and put towards the bottom of the landing page as to make the visitor stay on that landing page? I take it that Adwords uses an algorithm and not real people to determine a landing page's quality score most of the time. I'm not trying to be sneaky or evil, but it makes very good sense to make the visitor stay on that one page. The less pages a visitor can wander to, the more chance of converting.

Farmer77, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  4. coolBananas

coolBananas Peon

Best Answers:
    you don't need all those pages for your landing page to get a good quality score.
    it all depends on the relevancy of your keywords to your landing page.

i get great scores for one-page websites all the time

coolBananas, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  5. kenbrower

kenbrower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could just put the outbound links and make them nofollow, that might be a good way to hedge your bets.

kenbrower, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  6. aff7182mst647

aff7182mst647 Banned

Best Answers:
    :confused::confused:

aff7182mst647, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  7. newb

newb Peon

Best Answers:
    Oli

Relevancy is all well and good but it seems you can get something out of those extra pages, as you said I would make the links very small and make the conversion text/graphics as attractive a possible.

newb, Jan 7, 2008 IP