1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$33,000 per month with Adsese - Why mess with this?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MikeRob, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Glo-con

Glo-con Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone who is making 30k a month with adsense won't write an ebook about it!
    Or maybe he would but he would sell it for at least 50k!

That's my opinion :rolleyes:

Glo-con, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  2. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think some of the guys selling the adsense ebooks really make that money.

Because after all if you sell a book for some $249, then after you sold less than 4000 books you have a million already ;)

DomainMagnate, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  3. GetWebHost

GetWebHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Why he would sell that E-book if he can really earn $30k just sitting at his pc.

GetWebHost, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  4. Moe

Moe Peon

Best Answers:
    Because he could earn 50k just sitting at his pc if he sells E-books as well as doing adsense.

Moe, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  5. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:

Or put 50,000 in a stock and it goes up 20 times

IamNed, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  6. GetWebHost

GetWebHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think the time you earn by selling e-books takes too long than by just the adsense :)

GetWebHost, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  7. nickr

nickr Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't network marketing / MLM come into it? A guy writes an ebook, gets it listed on Clickbank or similar, then hordes of people promote his book. They get 70% per sale, and he gets 30%. This is hugely attractive for the affiliates, and he sits back doing nothing while the masses make him money.

Some of these ebooks even allow and encourage the affiliate to get their own affiliates - true multi-level marketing, with the guy at the top of the pyramid making all the money.

There's even the "make a fortune without a website" trick of using Adwords ads which link directly to an affiliate link for ebooks chosen from Clickbank. This is true genius as it encourages lazy people or people without the skills to make their own website try it... and there are thousands of them. Heck, I even tried it (without success), and was eventually guided towards making my own site and getting on the Adsense bandwagon.

I'm still tempted to write an ebook because of this system, and it could be about anything, not just adsense but pizza-making or bobsledding!

nickr, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  8. noiprox

noiprox Peon

Best Answers:
    i tried the cookie cutter approach once, and it doesnt work

make your own "style" by seeing what others have done... i changed my entired layout on a few sites and started seeing a HUGE improvement on clicks

noiprox, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  9. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Interestingly enough, the vast majority of clickbank products on the marketplace get no affiliates. It seems once once people jump on the bandwagon you get affiliates.

IamNed, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  10. GetWebHost

GetWebHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this is an mlm type of getting a profit.

GetWebHost, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  11. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    Cracking the traffic/CPC/promotion/affiliate equation is tough. Too tough for the hordes of people who are convinced that the Internet is their own personal ATM.

My sense is that the underlying psychology is basically "magic bean" economics. "If I invest my money in an ebook for $100.00 I am going to, for sure, get my $100.00 back....and a lot more. Otherwise no one would buy the book right?" Wrong.

It takes hard work to get a site to a few hundred, leave aside a few thousand visitors a day. And it takes time. Google makes it even tougher with the sandbox. So patience, the one virtue which is never valued, is thrown out the window by people who want to have a minimal site make tons of money tomorrow.

One of the best things about DP is that people post here who a) make good money on the web, b) are willing to talk about how they do it, c) don't for an instant suggest it is easy or quick.

And, hey, you can read all this for free. Literally a couple of thousand pages of the distilled wisdom of some of the best people on the net.

lingeriediva, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  12. webgator

webgator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Books can give you direction and guidance, but it's still up to YOU to utilize that information to make the money.

Anything is possible with the right motivation!

webgator, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  13. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, adsense is the good way to generate revenues for webmasters but you shouldn't tricked with it , it seems smarter and smarter than before. I've aimed to make only $8/website/day and that's enough to make me a better life. :D
    In my personal, the best way to make money from adsense is focus on what your site offering to your visitors. You shouldn't made site from money in the keypoint. You'll generate much revenue as natural if your site give much benefits to your visitors. Some spam site that placed only adsense in their pages but lite or no contents is a bad way. :( Some might click on it by mislead but he/she will never visited that site again. ;)

Sxperm, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  14. yupsolo

yupsolo Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody gives away there secrets to make money. I think this kind of book is a scam. I takes the adsence subject cuz everyone wants a part of it and talk about it. Look at the web sites that sells you trick+keywords!!! Even look at EBAY with the keyword ADSENCE!!!!

yupsolo, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  15. Dustin07

Dustin07 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol...

<-- I think that sums it up best...

Dustin07, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  16. skyraider

skyraider Peon

Best Answers:
    If the guy really had that nice car, he wouldn't spend his life creating a 2-mile high page trying to sell an ebook. He'd be driving it.

Enough said :)

skyraider, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  17. dougyt

dougyt Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is that driving that nice car costs money, so you need more coming in. Writing an ebook in a few days to sell is another income stream, and if the Adsense stream stops flowing then the author still has another income to fall back on.

dougyt, Jan 29, 2006 IP
  18. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    I think alot of the reason people buy ebook is very simple.

Sure all the information is available here with a handy search feature, and a post or two if you get stuck.

But the majority of people looking for a quick buck from adsense are lazy. They want the information now, and dont want to search for it.

So all of a sudden someone who has created a product on how to make the most out of adsense, is looking very appealing. Add to that the promises of thousands of dollars etc etc.

And well, you know the rest of the story.

As for someone asked elsewhere if anyone actually makes much of Adsense?

lol do I really need to answer that one? :)

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  19. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the things that most people doing well with Adsense don't tell you is that it takes time. They don't mention how established your site needs to be. If you look at most of the people that we know are doing well you will notice that almost all of these people have websites that have been online since the mid nineties.

Sure, you need to do all of the things that people suggest; find a niche, lots of original content, SEO, ad placement, etc. But the differentiating factor is time. Even more now than when these guys started 10+ years ago.

So, if you have a large, quality 10 year old established website with good traffic and you are clueless you can get rich quickly using the techniques in these e-books. I highly doubt people like that aren't already clued in and doing it.

MattL, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From what I have seen joel is making his money supposedly on websites he has pushed out that really are spam.

He may make 25k now... but long term these sites will not do very well.

Knowing if his sites are caught out by google most would be shite canned and as such he took the next smart idea write a book about it.

Like lemmings people buy anything with the right hype.

Another issue people miss with the 1000s of websites making $4.00 or $5.00 per month is that each site has hosting and domain costs which for just 1,000.00 domain names would cost almost $9,000.00 per year, add privacy, hosting and you can see the $25k may not be all profit.

Remember believe none of what you hear and only half of what you read!

Peace

Sem-Advance, Feb 3, 2006 IP