1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yet another honor Killing....

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by The Webmaster, Jan 3, 2008.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    TBH, Caste system is one big factor that is holding India to step in into the developed world. It is one of the biggest domestic political issue.
    No matter which party, all politicians play the caste cards.

Even we stepped into the modern world, and luxurious life, thank to globalization, The Indian society is deeply divided because of this caste system.

infact it is bigger issue than religion. It kills more people than communal riots every year.

This is high time when youths of India need to step up and get rid of the caste system.

The Webmaster, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know I would like to know more about the caste system...can you give us some details or some links?

d16man, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    D16, you are not reading your own words, and the more you do this, the more I am fairly certain you are not being truthful. If you'll look up a few inches, you will see, all in reference to Islam:

I made the mistake of indicating "the" as the tripping word, as you have used both "the" and "a" when referring to Islam. A ridiculous distinction, and I regret my part in the niggling point. The point I am making is that in your time here - in close to 7000 posts - you have never used "religion of peace" except when referring to Islam, d16. And you're hanging to the mistake I made over the word "a" v. "the" tells me all the more that you are not being straight. I stand by my contention. I am not taking issue with your opinion of Islam - god knows I have wound my way through thoughts about the faith, and though I now conclude differently than I thought before, you are free to your opinion - I take issue with stepping in it and then altering the tune once outed.

northpointaiki, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  4. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The caste system introduced in Hindu society to distinguish between different people based on their work and born nature. It divided Hindu society into 4 major categories.

1. Brahmans - they were priests and teachers, their work was to study Shastras and Vedas. They were knowledgeable people. They were the one who introduced the caste system, and hold the upper most level in the system.

2. Kshatriyas - They were the ruling/warrior class, kings. their work was to rule the state. No other caste could have become a king (Although there were some exceptions). They are shown as brave, heroic, courageous and noble leaders. They were highly influenced by the Brahmans.

3. Vashyas - The business class. they had controls over all the business in the state, Trade and agriculture.

4. Shudras - they were the lowest class in the caste system. Their work was to provide services to all upper castes. They were laborers, sweepers, cleaners etc. Some of them considered untouchable by the upper caste. They lived on the mercy of the upper caste people.

Marriage and relations were forbidden between different caste as it would pollute the society.

If you want to read more about the caste system I recommend following links.
    http://www.friesian.com/caste.htm
    http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_caste.asp

5. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why is this an issue??? Each of those threads that are about islam clearly states that it is about islam....This thread clearly states that Islam is not the case, but instead Hinduism is.....I am not sure what point you are trying to make other than I was talking about the religion in question. The more you post the more I wonder what you are trying to accomplish?

This thread is not about islam, and my post did not reflect that it was.

d16man, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    D16, you will not convince me. I believe you made a big "whoops," were caught, and then realized as you never said Islam, you could claim you didn't mean it. It just didn't read right to me, and when I see you have never used the literal term "religion of peace" except respecting Islam - i.e., you have made many discussions about all religions, and stated none of them are truly peaceful, ("except buddhism, I think"), and you reserved "religion of peace" specifically for Islam, well, it doesn't fly, to me. Sorry.

7. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much!

I don't have to convince you, you are clearly trying to back out of what you said in this post:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=5928091&postcount=17

You misquoted me and are now trying to make up for it...enough said.

d16man, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  8. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Good lord - do you know how ridiculous you are now sounding, in my opinion? I am "backing out" of nothing, unless you consider admitting a mistake "backing out":

You leap on the word "a" because I screwed up in my original post as saying this is the distinction. You then continue to leap on that screwup. You then say:

WHEN IN FACT YOU USE THE WORD "A" TO REFER TO "RELIGION OF PEACE" - ISLAM - ANYWAY? It is almost tragic, now, to me. The point is, as I have said many times, that in your 7000 posts here, you have reserved the term "religion of peace" solely for Islam.

You indicate I have misquoted you. Please tell me whether this is, in fact, you or no:

You were simply caught, d16. It isn't the end of the world - I have screwed up many times - on this thread, for instance, naming this a religious thing among Hindus. I cop to my mistakes, and I would advise you to, as well. You have effectively removed all doubt, in my mind. And I think the point is manifest.

9. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Point I can see is that you jumped in with religion bashing most likely directed towards Muslims as you usually do.

How did you know it was relevant to Hinduism before you spouted your usual words of Muslim hatred? Nobody mentioned Hindu's until further down the thread.

cormac, Jan 4, 2008 IP
    d16man likes this.
  10. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    May be because the caste system is easily associated with the Hindu Religion?

11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree - as this was my initial mistake. But I think the evidence is otherwise there to conclude D16 just made an "oops," and covered after the fact.

12. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I love the fact that you all are attempting to "know" what I said....I never made a mention to Islam at all. Yes, I have used the phrase "religion of peace" to talk about Islam. But as I have previously stated, I was referring to the Hindu religion in this case. But who cares? You obviously hate the fact that you can't think for me and that I think own my own. Also, thanks to the two people that gave me grey rep...I guess you were thinking that somehow I was "owned"...sorry to say that I A) know what I said and B) am not the one being owned here....

d16man, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  13. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Umm...read the article, you will know it is about a Hindu...furthermore, did you read the OP's post? He mentions the caste system, which has nothing to do with Islam. Looks like you jumped in a thread without reading any of it, and then attempted to know what was going on....:confused:

d16man, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    D16, first of all, I didn't give you any rep. Not my style.

Secondly, it's not personal. It's a point of honor. If you want to trash Islam, (as I freely admit I once did, myself) entirely your prerogative. My point is based on fact, on the overwhelming evidence that exists to say you aren't being truthful here.

Look - I haven't gone through every instance of your comments respecting Islam, which spans several pages. In the nearly 7000 posts you've made, you have never - never referred to any other religion except Islam as a or the (whatever article you'd currently wish to choose) "religion of peace."

Beyond, you have spoken untruths on this thread. Two off the top:

Firstly, on this thread, you said you've never had the opportunity to discuss other religions except Islam in the past, and you said this is why you referred only to Islam as "religion of peace" in the past:

But this is false. Here are some, and only some, of the instances when you specifically have had a reason to use it with other religions, and yet you did not.

Here, in the exchange below, you in fact were offered that Hinduism is a religion of peace. You claim that your opening post in this thread was referring to Hinduism, and it was Hinduism, as a religion of peace, that you were referring to. Yet in the exchange below, you deny Hinduism as a religion of peace - that Sikhism is "higher on the peace deal." (you are wrong, there, too, by the way).

If on the basis of the opening post here, your mind leapt to Hinduism as a religion of peace, then why did you fail to mention this at all, but in fact contradicted the contention, when another member mentioned Buddhism and Hinduism were so? This not part of the "history" you were referring to when you said that it was only Islam, in the past, where the subject has come up in the past?

Secondly, on this thread, you said:

Again, false. You say a, the, but always, and only, religion of peace, the specific term, when referring to Islam. Again, only a very limited sampling. You have said this, based on the number of instances I have easily seen below, countless times on this forum:

In a thread specifically entitled, "Is their [sic] a religion of peace," again you said:

D16, again, this isn't personal. But I value honesty and truth telling probably more than any other virtues, in dialogue. If you want to play games, and I believe you are, then expect at least this member to use all that I have to be committed to getting to the truth, and uncompromising in reply.

No one, least of all me, will harbor any ill will for you admitting you screwed up. I've done it - on this very thread. Admitting to such a thing is a badge of self-knowledge and courage, in my personal creed. Running from it only digs a deeper hole, in my opinion.

northpointaiki, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  15. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    never said you did, but two people did, and thanks for the grey, which does not hurt me!!!

Secondly, I am wondering why in the world this is an issue...you made three posts in this thread before this was an issue? Not personal? Then why don't you take MY WORDS, which I SAID, for what they are? Why do you keep trying to say that this thread is about Islam, when it is CLEARLY NOT??? I do not understand what this is about?

As I have said many times in this thread, I was NOT REFERRING TO ISLAM. I did not say anything to the effect. What I did say was that I questioned whether or not Hinduism was a religion of peace. Two people misunderstood my post...one is now banned and one apologized, and as I said, no biggie. I clearly pointed out what I said.

Now I want to know why is this still an issue. For the last time, I never stated Islam, never mentioned it at all. I clearly asked whether or not this was a religion of peace? I did not use the words "the", "so called", or anything to that effect, which I HAVE USED in regards to Islam. I will say that I have I know that I have. But in this case, which you obviously cannot get over, I did not...

so once again, why is this still an issue? Why can you not except what I said for what it is? Why are you trying to change what I said??

d16man, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I am. You have them in the many posts where I've included them.

I will bow out, D16, and allow others to view this thread and draw their own conclusions. And not that you do, or should give a damn, but I conclude you do not have the kind of courage that I appreciate in debatees, and I am sorry to say I have lost a significant amount of respect for your points of view accordingly.

17. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry that you cannot believe someone's words for what they actually are...the only thing that I have denied is using the words "religion of peace" in this thread to talk about Islam...that has been solely left to you. As a good liberal does, leave without realizing that you are the one in fact who has messed up here. Since you are done with this debate, then I am as well...I know what I wrote.

d16man, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To be brutally honest d16, since you have used 'a and the' religion of peace so many times before, on so many occassions, in so many threads, I myself also did feel from your post you were referring to islam.

I also do know, and please do not take this the wrong way, but you do have a tendency to respond before actually seeing what a thread is about. I myself have done it myself ;)

GRIM, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I leave when all the evidence has been presented, and nothing is left to be said. You have been waylaid with a tsunami of your own words that disprove your contention here, and have stammered in reply. I don't know that I'm a "liberal," or that "leaving" in the way I have chosen to conclude is what liberals do, but you have been presented with ample evidence, your own words, in support of my contention, and you have responded to none of it. I will not leap to a label about your apparent political ideology to weakly state a point. I owe you the respect to evaluate your thoughts on their merits, and not as some "typical response" from some political ideology. I will say it is demonstrative of what I now see you do, and I affirm I have lost my respect for your point of view.

20. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Peace guys.. Peace.

I started this thread to show how ugly some people are, regardless of religion, and to discuss the effects and impacts of caste system, vastly practiced in India.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Islam/Muslims.

The Webmaster, Jan 6, 2008 IP