1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How important is #1 positioning?

Discussion in 'Google' started by DerkThunder, Jan 3, 2008.

1. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    number 1 is always best but there is evidence to suggest that 2nd and 3rd recieve the same traffic as 1st for certain niches

sweetlouise, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  2. shyboy

shyboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not convinced. For every term we work on which has risen through Google’s top5 to number one we saw an increase in traffic but nowhere near the level suggested. I suppose it completely depends on what the user is looking for. For example, if you are looking for a famous quote by Churchill, you will most definitely find it in the first result and you are done. But, if you are looking to buy something of high value, then you are MUCH more likely to shop around and look way beyond the number one spot. As with all of these studies, you have to take them with a pinch of salt as they cover such a VAST range of keywords. Useful as a very rough guideline.

shyboy, Jan 4, 2008 IP
    Tudi likes this.
  3. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Completely agree, exactly what I was saying. If I was your SEO, I would advise you to focus on secondary keywords that have 1st page potential, but seeing how I'm not, I'm really anxious to see if you reach 1st spot and if the difference is as big as the chart says. Please keep this thread updated with your progress :) And good luck!

Tudi, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  4. corlock

corlock Banned

Best Answers:
    basically, being in #1 position in the SERP will make your site the most relevant to the query. and its more eye catching for the visitor of course and the most important of all is that it has the highest chances to be clicked than the others. its $$$...

corlock, Jan 4, 2008 IP