1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission Services Questions

Discussion in 'Services' started by Mia, Jun 6, 2005.

I have a noticed that a great many of the submissions that come into our directory are coming from Directory Submission services, or those using scripts that submit to the "biz directory" scripts.

I have seen several problems with this:

1. Many of the submissions are utter garbage
    2. Many of the submissions are dups
    3. Many of the submissions are links to every page withing the site

What we are doing to correct this problem is two fold. While I find no problem with Directory Submission Services, I think they owe it to their clientel to insure that their submissions actually made it into the directory that they were submitted to (since we send no rejection notice currently they would never know). And they also owe it to the directory owner some notice that they are going to use their directory to do automated submissions.

Now, back to what we are doing to correct this. Since neither of these are likely to happen, we are now doing image verification for every search submission (FREE that is). We are also checking the first 8 characters in every new listing to help cut down on the duplicates.

Back to the Submission Services. We will soon offer the Directory Submission services (for a small fee) the ability to buy blocks of submissions in any quantity above 100. You will be able to submit your bulk listings using your own script as usual without an image verification, and will get a notification for each listing letting you know if your submission was accepted. We will also provide you with the proper submission structure for your script to insure that your directory submissions match up properly.

This service will also be open to anyone that wants to do mass submissions to the KingBloom Directory.

Of course all submissions using the image verification will ALWAYS be FREE!

Thoughts, comments?

Mia, Jun 6, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. Canadianbacon

Canadianbacon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    all i know is spent the last 12 hours or so submitting sites...

Canadianbacon, Jun 6, 2005 IP
  3. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    mia, good idea. I wish every directory does the same thing to offer convenience wth surffering quality.

Canadianbacon. 12 hours? think it again unless you get too many hours to kill :)

dejaone, Jun 6, 2005 IP
  4. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Jeremy,
    When I look at your directory it’s like a reflection of my own. It’s normally the ODP directory others copy. I must be doing something right.

stoner3221, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  5. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thats great idea mia,

I have seen many directory having that feature. Will definetly improve the quality of sites.

Tuning, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  6. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow it took me 3 to post 100 Sites. But then i also review them comming in my new sites soon.

TheSyndicate, Jan 25, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, that's and old one... TTT

Mia, Jan 25, 2006 IP
    TheSyndicate likes this.
  8. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I did not think i would get jobbs from this thread but i did. Got people sending me emaila and pm me. If anyone else is intrested we now have 2 pro people working full time just posting and we can have you work done within the same day. its $10 for 100 pots or if you have more website you can devided it. Full report will be sent after work done as usual.:)

TheSyndicate, Jan 31, 2006 IP