1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PASSPORTTOFUN and EXPERIAN scams anyone else?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by killafawk, Jan 3, 2008.

tried free credit report dot com thing and basically they throw in a hidden fee with that free credit report, actually i wasn't all that surprised. I haven't canceled the fee yet but i am going to tomorrow morning after another suspicious charge came up.

That was PASSPORTTOFUN, never heard of the damn thing and i am getting charged 14.95 a month for it.

Get how Sleezy this company is. When you call the number that they put on your statement on your account (i did some research and it looks like it changes frequently) There are 2 options one is like view your rewards and the other is account membership questions.

You press 2 and it asks you if you want to cancel your member ship or know what your membership offers.

You press 1 and then it gives you this most insane thing i've ever heard.

It literally tells you this

"If you would like to cancel your member ship and stop recurring billing to (@#$#%@#$) (*breaking up noise*) annual billing for only (#$%#$%^)(*more breaking up noise*) press 1.

WOOOOOOW not only are they stealing your money, they have another pitfall attempt in there phone services!

I waited for more options and sure enough 10 seconds later it says "if you would like to cancel your membership press 2" AHA! so i pressed 2...

They want your credit card number to cancel! WTF, Not only do i not know which credit card it came from "it came through paypal but i never used my paypal debit card for a month now and i almost never used it online and if it was my bank debit card why would it come up in paypal?...

anyway hung up because i thought. well what the fuck would i want to give them my credit card number for over the phone to some automated shit, then i thought well they already have it so what the hell. Next time i called guess what...

"Oh sorry we are closed right now please call back...blah blah"

Bullshit i say, I call them back and i am connected!

I go through that whole routine shit again but this time that little pitfall scam isn't there anymore with the buzz sound. trying to hide the price lol!

So i put in my paypal debit card number and canceled it. (or so i hope) Tomorrow i have to call the experian number which i supsect will be a lot easier to deal with because they are a major company and most likely don't want any black marks with there name.

As far as PASSPORTTOFUN. I have no idea where that charge came from I still don't know and doing some research it seems that a lot of the charges come from free business cards through vistaprint.com which i never ordered any so i am still wondering where the f### this charge came from or how i got it. It worries me because if i din't authorize even a regular charge that added this on then they straight up got my credit info and charged it for nothing! Most likely that din't happen though or i hope not.

I f##king hate companies like these, they even state they are based in CT but research says there company is based in bermuda! if you go visit there site it is basically a 5 page website which isn't even finished! 90% of the links don't go anywhere its like someone threw up a page and forgot to add the url's to the links such trash why doesn't the FBI or someone shut these people down? Who cares about international laws I am tempted to buy a ticket to Bermuda and fire bomb the damn building they work out of.

Anyone have any advice? I called my bank but they are the worst bank alive. I can't dispute the charges unless i close my account and they send me a new card. I already dealt with that same bull crap like 2 months ago and it took a month for that shit to clear up and i am not doing it again. They won't reverse the transactions unless i close the account and fill out the form thing.

So f$$k my bank too. Paypal won't let me dispute the transaction for some od reason. so what the hell do i do now?

killafawk, Jan 3, 2008 IP
    Bernard likes this.
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that the $14.95 it says on their home page that you will be charged if you fail to cancel your membership within the 30 day free trial?

I think some companies could be a little more open about things but when you click the button saying "I have read the terms and conditions" you really have no one to blame but yourself if you havent. Plus, can you think of any company that includes a free trial and then doesnt go on to bill you at the end of it if it isnt cancelled by you?

AstarothSolutions, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  3. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah. legit companies! lawl its unethical practices as far as the passporttofun thing i don't even know how i got it. Yes i should blame myself because of unethical practices sounds perfectly fine.

killafawk, Jan 5, 2008 IP