1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google STOCK SHOCK "GOOG"

Discussion in 'Google' started by anthonycea, Jan 24, 2006.

Google (stock symbol "GOOG") sold off big time a few days ago and is back up to nearly where it was when this sell off started!! :eek:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=goog&sid=0&o_symb=goog&x=33&y=16

The stock is up 465% or something since it went public at $85.00 with shares sold to the public that have very little voting power....:confused:

Google market capitalization is incredible, it is as large as IBM and could pass Microsoft if the stock continues to go up...

I told a guy on this forum (New Computer) that I would kiss his ___ on Main and Market Street during rush hour and give him an hour to draw a crowd if the stock went up 4 times as NC told me was going to happen!

NC, please don't hold me to this man! :mad:

I did not think it was possible, but Google (Larry and Sergey) have proved everyone of the experts (and there were a lot of them) wrong.

Larry, Sergey, I love you guys man! (most of all for sticking to your guns and fighting for our freedom against the Bush administrations desire to spy on Americans) :eek:

anthonycea, Jan 24, 2006 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's a slightly different tune you have compared to fall of 2003, when you were predicting they were going to be a penny stock by the end of the year when employees were allowed to start selling their shares, eh? :)

That being said, I did sell the last of my Google stock on January 18th for $455.9173/share. Then 2 days later I was tempted to reposition myself with Google after they dropped... Oh well... maybe I'll get some more later.

digitalpoint, Jan 24, 2006 IP
    Sharpseo likes this.
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Who would have thought that a couple guys with a check from the founder of Sun Microsystems that started in 1988 in a garage would have a company worth more than IBM at some point :confused:

Only a madman or some geniuses (Larry and Sergey) :eek:

Look at some of the links on this page, you will see many experts were on the same side of the fence as I was at that time!

http://www.webcenter.squarespace.com/google-ipo/

I just followed the wrong experts......

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If Google can maintain the pace that they innovate, their stock will continue to climb... that's the bottom line.

I always think Google can't do much more... then about every 3 months they come out with something really cool.

5. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just for that comment I think new computer should hold you to your bet. And if you didn't do it I'd guess you get classified under the liar category.

Anyhow I think google will break the 500$ mark in the upcoming months, I though there share price was crazy AT 100$ per share but even at this point I don't see how they can lose money. Hell if they where unethical they could start an insurance company and rank it number 1 and within days it would be a million dollar company, same with web hosting and a million other industuries. Let alone when they release there office software and there OS.

mizt, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    When they get guys like me that hated them at one time on their side what does that tell you :confused:

I had my personal battle with them because of some tactics they used at one time that I will not discuss again, but that is all old history now!

I believe in them because they support Linux and web applications are the future of computing using data centers as the CPU.

I am not a giant Microsoft fan and that is another reason, their stance against Bush and the spying on Americans crap sealed the deal for me!

7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    SHORT GOOGLE!:eek:

Crazy_Rob, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah man, I heard that :D

That's the old saying on Wall Street, when housewives and the guy next door starts talking about it, SELL and run for the hills :p

By clicking on the links below you will see the market capitalization figures of "GOOG", "IBM" & Microsoft!

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/quotes.asp?symb=goog&siteid=mktw&dist=mktwqn

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/quotes.asp?symb=ibm&siteid=mktw&dist=mktwqn

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/quotes.asp?symb=msft&siteid=mktw&dist=mktwqn

MSFT = # 1 in value

GOOG = # 2 in value

IBM is worth less than Google's 130 Billion dollar market capitalization at this point!

This is insane......

9. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, and am still holding my Google stock. They've got incredible growth potential - both domestically and internationally. And all their other innovative projects (isp, froogle, gmail, google earth, music, etc) have tons of growth potential.

Shawn - speaking of which, have you had your sales guys call Google and see if they're in the market for ISP Billing Software? :D The next big buyout? Google buys Digitalpoint Solutions, a well known ISP billing and software solutions company. This move has fueled speculation that Google is entering the ISP business. :D

Seriously though, search advertising and adsense is Google's bread and butter for now. The main thing that worries me is competition from Yahoo (and eventually MSN) in PPC advertising. If they can lure web publishers from Adsense over to their program, with higher payouts, it's going to hurt G's bottom line. They'll be forced to either: lose publishers to Yahoo, or increase their payouts.

Yahoo is in the process of improving their ad-matching algos, and increasing their advertiser base for the publisher program.

Anyone know what % of Google's revenue is from adsense? I don't know exactly, but it's significant.

Sharpseo, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It was at one point 95%, but that will drop fast as they are acquiring a lot of companies quickly using the leverage of the stock market and the value of their stock as currency.

They can add top line sales fast and in the end they hope that builds the bottom line, it is a difficult job for sure, the stock market can sell you off faster than they take you up...

One of the reasons for this thread was the fact that the stock bounced back so strong from a large sell off, but the market in general got hammered with the scandal in Japan and the general major market sell off last week! :eek:

11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't know, Google is one of the few bright spots in the economy, GM & Ford are closing plants and dumping 60,000 high paying jobs. They are having real problems selling large trucks with oil prices that are heading back toward record highs, I think they hit 68 dollars PB today!

There could be major problems coming soon for America and our economy if these job losses and high energy prices cause a real estate bust and banking crisis!

Needless to say Google better buy a lot of companies quickly that have real top line sales with good profit margins that they can grow :eek:

I have little confidence in the market in general and the potential of the US economy with the record trade and budget deficits we have! :eek:

13. irka

irka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it worth it to share with googles GOOG ? I mean, i know google gets a lota money because of its search engine and company structure but how much you gentlefolks get from google market if you start with 100 dollars for example and on a duration of 6 months.

irka, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time investing in Google unless you have $10,000.00 that you can afford to lose!

That would be the best thing I could tell you!

With a $100.00 you could not even buy one share :eek:

If you have about $90,000.00 you can buy one share of this company....Bill Gates just purchased more of this company, his buddy runs it!

This stock was up $300.00 just today :D

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/quotes.asp?siteid=mktw&symb=BRKA&sid=817

This is also going to be a factor in the Google stock game behind the scenes, things the average person does not understand....

15. donwebcorleone

donwebcorleone Peon

Best Answers:
    if u wanna invest some of ur savings on the market, put your money on asian stock, they dont become giants as Google but they grow so fast that u make good money on their way to the top.

i got some money on the Nikkei (japanese stock market) but on chinese and japanese game/software/internet companies. spending a hour or two every morning buying and selling their shares very quickly give me more than $1000 dollars of extra cash every month to spend on other things (i own some other business, so it is not my main income). i wish i had more money to invest! though it also takes too much time to be checking financial stuff to know where u can invest if u r an individual investor and u cant afford financial assistance. Right now i spend more time to learn on the import/export business (online auction, e-stores, trading, alibaba.com style, etc)

donwebcorleone, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:

Talk about patience and good timing, that is the key to investing, to let your winners run....

I really don't see it going much further at this point, but I have been wrong all along on this one....:eek:

17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    anthonycea, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  18. Kuraptka

Kuraptka Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't invest in Google just because you feel it has good potential. The market and institutions probably already taken what little you known, and it's already reflected in the stock price. Unless you work with Google or know stuff the analysts do not, you're just simply speculating/hoping if you buy Google's stock simply because of it's dominance in web advertising.

Kuraptka, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Google is like any other stock, it will go up and down now, investing is all timing and knowledge in most cases, plus you need money to play the game!

Google closed above $400.00 and is up in after hours trading, so that is a very good sign, overall it did not lose as much as we thought it would.

anthonycea, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  20. alphacooler

alphacooler Peon

Best Answers:
    I love watching this joke. People are so clueless when it comes to GOOG. This almost brings me back to the 'values' placed on some of the late 90's dot coms.

Stop and think for a second. What does Google really offer?

A search engine. And a bunch of "me too" software offerings. And their revenue from search will be facing increasing competition from MSN/Yahoo in the next year.

Can't wait to watch it drop like a rock when people start to realize what the heck G actually does and takes a hard look at the current search market and where it is going.

alphacooler, Feb 1, 2006 IP