1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help in being "successful"

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sebastianrs, Jan 24, 2006.

Well this one is possibly one of the most pathetic titles you have ever read, or at least you are tired of such threads. If you are on this road, please don't comment here...

Anyway the real point is: I somehow need to succeed now. You obviously may NOT be asking why now, but it's just that an unemployed (due to the situation here where I live) individual like I am is fed up of worrying about every little cent. I studied about anything of marketing strategies beginning from psychological marketing going to internet marketing, seo, ads, etc. I've knowledge of anything I need to create web sites just the way I want them to be. The big problem is that I'm no enthusiastic content writer!! I just want to get fully self-employed and do everything I need for this, but for this to happen, I not only need a purpose (that I already do have), but rather a plan, a guide or something like this. Having someone to look up to is fine but not knowing which door to open to get there is an awfully horrible feeling when you do not have a day job as of now! You may be asking what I want to achieve with this thread. so if you really ask that, just don't reply! I'd just greatly appreciate any help or advice on how to achieve a plan to get a steady increase in income. beginning from low revenue going up to a revenue you can live with. Please pm me if you show at least a little understanding or if you have undergone similar situations or better if you have had the same pressure!! I thought of partnering with someone but I just didnt know where to find appropriate and serious partners. anyway this goes beyond any topic of this thread now, so I just have to hope that it wont be closed at all.

PS: awaiting the bad reputation marks from those guys that really wasnt even trying to understand the issue from my perspective!!

sebastianrs, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  2. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about you do this, post 3 goals here. A 3-month goal, 6-month goal, and a 18-month goal and we will go from there.

In the mean time pick up the book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill, its a great read for a guy like you.

mizt, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    1 - Choose a Market
    2 - Build the Site (Quickly, don't waste time getting it perfect)
    3 - Chuck up a few links and forget about it.
    4 - Repeat.

I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it.

SEbasic, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Or BUY the site.

Crazy_Rob, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  5. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm curious why perfecting a site is not essential, your opinion please.

Joobz, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  6. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, although I've found it can take just as long to find a decent buy as it can to put something together yourself.
    Because it doesn't have to be perfect to make you money. :)

SEbasic, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Because you're leaving money on the table.

If it works and looks decent...roll it!

Crazy_Rob, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  8. Corso

Corso Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel for ya man. :) There are so many roads to "success" these days it can get confusing. The only advise I can give you and you've probably heard it before is, do what you love! There a thousand ways to be successful and make money but I believe there are just a handful of avenues in life that truely makes us happy. Figure out what you love to do and then device a way to make money from it! Don't put money and success in front of your happiness. Not sure if that is what you wanted to hear but that's my two cents.

Corso, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  9. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's valuable for all of us I think and nothing to ever forget about! I just can say that I love to create sites that make me proud somehow. I love to see the progress I make! And that's the reason why I chose to go this road, to be self employed and not to work for any other "big" company whose manager or chief has made it himself up there. Some ppl say, if you have money, let it work for you and you'll get more, but what to do if you can't afford freelancers to work on your projects? Anyway I'm always happy and the reason for this is possibly my lovely girlfriend! That's kind of the best motivation anyways, though I'm in need of a guide.

Thanks for all the tips and advices so far !!!

10. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, you pm me your "dreams". Now make them goals, write it down that your going to make $X amount by X day. Make a plan on how hard your going to work to achieve what you want. Then everyday write one thing you did to work to achieve that goal and one thing your going to complete by X day to help achiece that goal. I'm going to make a blog for this after wrestling season (boy does that have its own set of goals) and it might not be a bad idea for you either.

mizt, Jan 24, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  11. sebastianrs

Best Answers:
    You are talking about having a blog where I talk about my own road and publish any successes?

Wish I would have been more convincing, but I'm really eager to get on to them!!

12. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're not a content writer, dont stress.
    You can buy high quality original articles here from people starting from just a few dollars.

That will get you started at least. :)

forumbulge, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  13. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have any references in this area, I would like to find some of these writers for a few custom (original) articles

Joobz, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  14. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    You've guys have got to be kidding me.

On a ligther note, sebastian the reason what you sent me has a dream is because you wherent defiant in how much you wanted to make and by what time you must make that happen. Then it must be written down and the dream now becomes a goal.

mizt, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  15. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I own a site, Publisher Database (surprisingly, it's a database of publishers). It has a forum, and writers are all over it, including lots of new ones looking for a break. I'm sure if you posted your requirements there, you would get more than a few bites. The trick will be evaluating their competence. But if you're interested, it's here:

http://www.publisherdatabase.com/forums/

-Tony

aboyd, Jan 24, 2006 IP
    Joobz likes this.
  16. sebastianrs

Best Answers:
    so finally a forum where such commercial content is allowed? that's fine ;)

sebastianrs, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  17. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If you're unemployed you're probably skint. So divide your time. Spend half of it on get-a-freelancer working for cash and the other half on building something that you will get good residual income from in a few months.

You'll probably have to come up with and develop lots of ideas before one kicks off and makes decent money instead of tens of dollars. Like I PMed a guy here yesterday, do only a couple of things at the same time. Follow SEbasic's advice and put something live and consider it 'done' instead of trying to make it perfect. When it's done, do the following project. Keep knocking them out until you see one is making decent money. Only then go back and tweak it to death to milk it.

T0PS3O, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  18. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    Check out the Services forum, theres a Content sub-forum in there.

forumbulge, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  19. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no perfect formula for success or we would all be using it.

Making money on the net is hard, and so dont be so hard on yourself if you fail.

IamNed, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  20. sebastianrs

Best Answers:
    Thanks it really keeps me thinking that this is possibly something to remember. In past I think I have tried to make one project more than perfect even if it was just not eligible to be it.

sebastianrs, Jan 25, 2006 IP