1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profitable Traffic Reseller established revene for 2 years. NR

Discussion in 'Sites' started by thewindmaster, Jan 2, 2008.

URL: Targeted-Traffic.ws
    Description: Traffic Reseller

Site Start Date: March 2005
    I owned Since Jan ‘06

Revenue:
    2006& 2007 Monthly Average of $325 (Forum Signature Advertising Only)
    Screen Shots Coming

Expenses:
    Traffic Costs: ~$225 per month (Based on $325 sales)

Profit: ~$100 per month Average in 2006 & 2007

Details:
    Targeted-Traffic.ws is a reseller of website traffic. All traffic comes from a single supplier which will only be revealed to the auction winner. Each sale requires about 5 minutes to setup and complete. Average margin on each sale is typically 30%-40%. Pricing is far less than most competitors and the new owner can probably increase the prices. It is just a matter of promoting and getting more people to the site.

The site requires less than 20 Minutes per week. It has never been promoted or advertised. It has consistently ranked in the top 10 for its keyword “Targeted Traffic” in Yahoo and MSN for 2 years. It does not appear in Google for this keyword.

Details of the Transaction/Payment Terms:
    Acceptable payment methods include, check, wire transfer, or Escrow.com (split the fees)
    I will not accept Paypal for a digital product. Too Risky.
    Once the payment is complete. I will immediately transfer the domain via GoDaddy and give the buyer cPanel access. I will keep the hosting of the site for up to 3 months for free.

Why I am selling/My Status:
    I now have a new baby on the way and am in the process of purchasing the Brick and Mortar company that I work for. It is a huge commitment and I need every bit of time and money I can spare. I have to sell this site to free up time so there will be no reserve and a fairly low BIN considering the stability of the profit, low maintenance, and age of site.

Starting Bid: $100
    Reserve: None
    Buy it Now: $1000

I will run the auction for 2 weeks from the date of the first post.

See my other auction here:http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=631112

thewindmaster, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  2. marwanie

marwanie Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will start with $150.

marwanie, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  3. marwanie

marwanie Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Also can you post proof of revenue? thx

marwanie, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  4. sita

sita Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $200 from me
    sita

sita, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  5. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  6. Myr

Myr Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What's the normal monthly hosting cost for the site? No other expenses besides hosting and traffic buying?
    On how many forums do have your signature and how many posts do you make on average forum/month?
    Supplier is not going bankrupt or any other problems in the foreseeable future with supplier/traffic buying business?
    What is the cost of buying traffic based on lower sales a month and the same for higher sales?

Thanks!

Myr, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  7. thewindmaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Supplier is very solid, reputable internet company and has been in business for years. Hosting cost is basically nothing. I have it on shared host with dozens of other site. There is very little space or bandwidth requirements. There are no other expenses.

This is the only forum I have it in my sig and am active on and off with probably about 20-30 post per month on average but sometime go 30 days without posting.

8. Myr

Myr Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your answers. You probably missed my last question because I put it in after an edit:

What is the cost of buying traffic based on lower sales a month and the same for higher sales?

What is the percentages of sales that get a refund due to your supplier not meeting the target?
    The same question for refunds in genaral?

I also saw on the mainpage that it said that customer can draw the campaign out as long as they want or even in 24 hours, but I don't see an option for time period on the order page?

Do you have a deal going on with bwebhosted.net & bindexed.com for putting the links on your site?

Do you do/have you done anything to keep the ranking in yahoo and msn up?

Thanks again

Myr, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  9. thewindmaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Traffic costs are fixed regardless of volume. The refund question was also posed in a PM and here is the answer:

Refunds were very low. As far as I can remember in two years I:
    -Issued 3 refunds because the site's submitted did not comply to the terms and conditions (1 was adult, and 2 had malicious code on them) But with these I never set up there campaigns so there was no cost to me.
    -Had two complaints about the speed or quality of the traffic. I issued partial (prorated) refunds to both. But you can cancel a campaign and refund it to your account with the wholesaler so in both of these cases, I still made money just not as much.
    -Had 3 instances of someone paying me with a stolen paypal account, but all three cost me nothing. I send a confirmation email with the log in information and instructions to initiate the traffic to the paypal email address only. So I was able to cancel all 3 and refund the credits to my account with the reseller.
    -Had 1 instance of paypal dispute that I had to refund after I provided the traffic. Total loss was about $16.

None of the about transactions were used to calculate my average monthly revenue. I have personally made of $2,500 in the last 2 years with little work and no financial investment.

Once the customer orders, you take 2-3 miniutes to set up their campaign then sind them login info for the control panel. This is how they initiate the campaign and control how the traffic is delivered.

bwebhosted.net & bindexed.com are my sites. The first gets no traffic and has never referred a visitor. The second has sent very few referrals but I will keep those links in place for at least 4 months if the buyer would like.

I have done absolutely nothing to keep ranking up.

10. thewindmaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Also just to note, I have only offered packages starting at 10,000 visitors. I have seen a lot of site offering as low as 1,000 visitors for $5 or so. Profit margins are a lot higher at this rate and there are generally a lot more people willing to spend this amount.

I have seen the same type of sites, using the same wholesaler, making $3k-$5k per month offering smaller packages and heavily promoting it on SP and DP and other forums. Of course, it is a lot more work setting up accounts for small transactions like this.

As you can see, some people are charge a heck of a lot more: https://www.majon.com/ecommerce/clickexposure-order.html

11. thewindmaster

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here are the revenue screen shots:

http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev1.gif
    http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev2.gif
    http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev3.gif
    http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev4.gif
    http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev5.gif
    http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev6.gif
    http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev7.gif
    http://www.targeted-traffic.ws/rev/traffic_rev8.gif

I just got screen shots of transactions that I could get in groups. Due to receiving payments from many other sources, a lot of the transactions were only 1 or 2 per screen shot. I have several people thinking of making the BIN. Some were just waiting on screen shots. So first come first serve.

Note: I tried to edit my last post but I could not. Did not mean to bump

thewindmaster, Jan 3, 2008 IP