1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Depressed?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 9874653, Dec 31, 2007.

Don't know what it is exactly but not feeling too inspired at the moment. Slept through the ringing in of the new year and woke up a short while ago feeling a bit heavy emotionally, like here it is a new year and I have nothing to show for the old and nothing to look towards in the new. Feeling kind of tired of living my life behind a computer screen trying to hunt for pennies every day and thinking it's time to just get rid of all the websites and change the direction of my life.

Not trying to get anyone's pity. Just wondering if anyone else might be feeling a little low in spirit or if I'm the only fool letting myself get all melodramatic here.

9874653, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  2. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, many are feeling the same way. If you feel a need for another direction than take it. You know the old saying " when one door shuts another door opens". Hang tight.

FOX LORE, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  3. tramore35

tramore35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry you're feeling so bad. You know I have only been here a week and one thing that I have learned is that you have to keep at it to make it successful. I know 2008 is going to be my year. I am going to make it happen. Nothing will stop me. Try to keep a good attitude and just learn all you can learn.

I wish you the best of luck in 2008. Who knows--might be your year as well:)

tramore35, Dec 31, 2007 IP
    9874653 likes this.
  4. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you're getting bored of the internet, try going back to school. It's working for me. :)

checksum, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  5. Sles

Sles Guest

Best Answers:
    Try and look for some other temporary things that'll cheer you up, and give you a break from the mundane. Sometimes I relax and play video games. Cookie dough ice cream and a movie works wonders also. Depends on what will help you the most. I also play soccer, which allows me to take out my emotions on people who I might never see again, so I don't have to worry about them being mad at me for too long. Again, it all depends on what works. Have you tried counseling? I have a great counselor at my school who has helped me a great deal.

Sles, Dec 31, 2007 IP
    9874653 likes this.
  6. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are bored facing the computer screen all day, you could apply for a day job.

cool_78, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  7. 9874653

9874653 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the thoughtful words and suggestions everybody. I suppose it's just one of those things when you get to the point of realizing you're not doing something you love and what you really want to do with your life you keep putting off for one reason or another, but time doesn't stand still and wait for you in the meantime. I've been programming, running websites for years, but I have no real interest in it and I'm at the point where I figure I could be investing the same time and energy into the pursuit of my real dreams. It would still be a struggle striving to reach the desired goal of success but I would at least be doing something I love.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply.

9874653, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  8. tramore35

tramore35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is it that you love? Have you figured that out?

tramore35, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  9. classic

classic Peon

Best Answers:
    Same thing with me, everybody needs money I am very similar to you programmer working for the company and having some sites as a pocket money though not so small, I like what I do but I am so tiered of endless nights cofee frustration , adsense ban , boses etc . My dream jos is to become a carpenter making furniture from hard woods I bought a hobby machine and made few pieaces of furniture that i love. But opening a furniture company I would need around $200k . I know I would sucseed because I love it but don't have so much money and balls right now.
    You should go to montain or some remote nature place alone with as less people as possible around you and just think walk. First days will be though but after that the ideas and morale will just come/jump, you will be more enthusiastic , just try and you'll see :)

Happy de-depression

classic, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  10. jliu

jliu Peon

Best Answers:
    So, what are your dreams?

jliu, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  11. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My dreams are bumping a 6 month old thread.

anions, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  12. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually was feeling like this a few days ago - big time! I posted a blog about it too. The best thing to do is take some time out and go for a walk or something. take some time to regroup and think about anything

here is my post - what to do when depressed

You will pull out of it!

ThoughtPunk, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  13. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh crap, I didn't even realize that thread was that old, else I wouldn't of posted.

ThoughtPunk, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  14. Your Lover For Ever

Your Lover For Ever Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm, that's it
    It seemed that you are just bored facing the computer screen all day, And it only will be better f u make a little long trip for remote nature places.
    If you can't Just get busy in something you like, and you will se a difference ;)

Your Lover For Ever, Sep 28, 2008 IP