1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

An indian using adwords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by vic_msn, Jan 23, 2006.

I need your help .i am afraid that i might end up paying a huge sum to google.I need experience of indians who use adwords to promote affiliate programs.

vic_msn, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Wouold you accept advice from anyone who is knowledgeable in the area or are only Indians able to answer?

(ie. Do you have an issue that is uniquely Indian that others wouldn't understand?)

yfs1, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    SERPalert likes this.
  3. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would accept any good advice. thank you.

vic_msn, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  4. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you tell us a little about what your issue is please.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  5. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i don't use adwords currently.and worried about my bills .i need to familiarise myself with the cost that i have to spend.I plan to use adwords for affiliate marketing.

vic_msn, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  6. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me clue you in to a little "uniquely Indian" situation. The minimum bid that google.com will accept (in US cents) and the minimum bid that google.co.in will accept (in Indian rupees) is substantially unequivalent :)

Ajeet, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  7. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    First do a search to see what keywords are being used to market affiliate programs. Using Adwords own tools will help you to know what your average position will be and help you to set your daily budget to what you are comfortable with. The amount you are going to spend is going to depend on your comfort level and what you believe you can afford to spend on gaining customers.

You should have an idea of your cost structure so that you will make money while advertising your site. Gaining affiliates is the same as other products. Each affiliate should have an assigned value of what they are worth to your program in terms of monthly and yearly sales and then you should factor in your ad budget and profit on this number accordingly. So for example if your affiliates bring you $100 per month in sales to your site after their commission is paid you would maybe consider spending up to 10% of your income on advertising. This of course is dependent upon your profit margin and you are going to have to adjust this number up or down depending on where this profit number falls. If you offer products with an extremely high profit margin you might consider much more to build your network up.

So do a little homework and then look at your personal budget in overall monthly terms and divide it by the number of days. This will be your daily maximum amount to spend on adwords. This will help keep your budget under control. You should then monitor this to make sure how you are doing within your particular keyword so that you can make necessary adjustments. If your advertisement is paying off for you then you can always expand your keyword offerings and your budget.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    Ajeet likes this.