1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this site ready for DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by GreenDog, Dec 30, 2007.

Let me know.. I have tough skin so don't worry.

But.. Anything that may help me get accepted will be GREATLY appeciated.

www.onlinedogtrainingbooks.com

GreenDog, Dec 30, 2007 IP
    soju likes this.
  2. haQ

haQ Banned

Best Answers:
    nice site, but let it be for a couple of weeks then only submit to dmoz..

haQ, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  3. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For starters - unique content.

CReed, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  4. websys

websys Active Member

Best Answers:
    This would be your a definitive source for self verification : LINK

websys, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  5. ptisouthwest

ptisouthwest Peon

Best Answers:
    don't have too much hope of getting into Dmoz , Dmoz is overaited and bloated by self serving mods.

ptisouthwest, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your advice on this topic is a bit shakey as you forgot to mention the most important thing - unique content, and the more the better.

Qryztufre, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  7. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can't expect something good advice coming from a noob that is showing off.:rolleyes:

popotalk, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Best Answers:

Actually following the guidelines to get in to me truly seems like the ideal way of getting a DMOZ listing, but when I suggested that a person look up the guidelines I was told that the advice was shakey by what seems to be a veteran editor so I guess they are right...right? Also, when I quote from the guidelines I am continuously told that I'm spreading lies...so it does stand to reason that the guidelines are only there for show. Then again, I've been told that quoting known editors from anything but the DMOZ blog is also nothing but half truths, so I'm not really sure if the guidelines are shakey...lol.

So in a way, I guess that any advice is shakey and the best way to get into the directory is to simply make a site as one sees fit then to submit it into the project for inclusion then to simply forget about it. Any advice beyond that is simply countered by an editor or ex-editor then re-countered by someone else.

9. websys

websys Active Member

Best Answers:
    @ Qr : Dont you think your "shaky story" has been over-circulated already ? if it so pleases you , why don't you attach it to your signature . Because when you post it on places which have no relevance or context as to why it was said as shaky , it only confuses the poster.
    The guidelines will be the definitive source for self-checking , thats why it is posted under the domain DMOZ.ORG and not , your shaky story.

Popo : I don't need to "show off" here ... as that is , was and will be proven by the amount of unique websites which I find and add in the ODP. Your snide remarks however has 0% value as a reply for the query mentioned above.

websys, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  10. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Mind telling that to Nebby?
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=585717&page=2

You must understand how and why people get confused when one editor says that it IS a valdi source and another calls it shakey. I once thought that it was excelent advice, I was told that it was not by an editor. I then correct another person saying that it is correct, and now I'm told that it is OK...

And as for it being over circulated, I'll keep saying it till I can get an editor to go in and correct Nebby. She has ignored my posts almost completely and stands to her word that following the guidelines is shakey advice. So hop in that thread and say that following the guidelines IS good advice as you have done here.

As I can not be wrong in both threads. Either following the guidelines IS good or is IS NOT good.

11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :) Shakey. Illegal Sites

Sure :rolleyes: Noobs like you needs spanking. Go back and just look for sites to add. We already know that your an editor and any information you have shared so far has been shared already numerous times. I'm not going to spoil your excitement by stopping you. Just remember they are watching noobs like you. ;) So it's showtime. :D

12. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, us noobs are the worker bees, :D. I, personally, think being at the top of anything is way overrated, I'm way too lazy to want the responsibilities, I like being invisible, ;).

I like your site, greendog, but I don't edit in that area. Check the descriptions of current listings in that category, and submit a proper title/description. It will get you spotted, and perhaps listed faster.
    http://www.dmoz.org/guidelines/describing.html

crowbar, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Simon, Simon, Simon. Look at how you went upward fast. It was just not long ago when you were hanging around with the RZ Aryans and being an A$$ for a while then heard your loyal voice. Now look at you US and even KOI and Water Gardens. What a tremendous acceleration. Congrats. :D

Kuchi mo Koi no sakana wa daisuki. Uchi mo aru kara. ;)

14. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't edit in that area either but the site
    www.onlinedogtrainingbooks.com
    does strike me as being one of the many sites pointing to sitstayfetch and which reproduces the same material http://www.newdogtrainingsecrets.com/ http://smart-idea-bargains.blogspot.com/2007/12/nipping-and-play-biting.html
    this latter being almost a mirror of http://onlinedogtrainingbooks.com/dog-training/dog-training-nipping-and-play-biting/

Unique content looks sus and seems more like many affiliate links.

Poopo
    Must admit I like your picking your nose best, it sort of seems to fit in with your character.

Anonymously, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice spotting there. ;)
    Thanks and I know it already even before you've realized it. Truthfully I like your editor name much better. :rolleyes: Very Christian like and a devoted English Methodist.

16. GreenDog

GreenDog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have totally redone my content in my website. Hope its better now.

GreenDog, Jan 26, 2008 IP