1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do a change the default dsplay of 10 posts per page on wordpress?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by bogart, Dec 30, 2007.

I have a cuple of questions concerning Wordpress?

#1) How do I change the default display of 10 posts per page on the homepage to 15 or 20 on wordpress?

#2) What is the optimal amount of posts/words to display on a blog's home page?

bogart, Dec 30, 2007 IP
    ncz_nate and chandan123 like this.
  2. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Under the Options->Reading menu tab look for Blog Pages show at most ## posts. Change the number.
    Regarding optimal amount of posts/words to display, I've seen and heard differing answers. The best I've seen thus far centers on writing for your audience and not for the search engines. Similar to newspapers, write (or keep) the most important content towards the top of the page and least important further down.

North Carolina SEO, Dec 30, 2007 IP
    bogart likes this.
  3. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! For some reason I did't see that.

I changed my blog to show 15 posts per page. That's about 5000 words. To me readers are most likely to scroll down and read the posts.

Also if you update the blog fast, with 10 posts, posts are on the second page too fast.

Any idea on the number of words that Google recommends per page?

bogart, Dec 31, 2007 IP