1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Follow websites How to locate Them?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by monkeyinadryer, Dec 29, 2007.

I am new here and trying to figure out how to get back links to our website, how to see if a site is no follow. I've read through alot of posts here and I've tried downloading the firefox software to see ranking, no follow sites. It doesn't make any sense to me. I also went under view source for web pages and I can't find anything that says no follow or do follow or anything follow. I've been reading for 3 days straight like 9 hours a day and I just can't figure this out. Can anyone help a major newb. If it helps to say, I'm on a Mac not a PC.

Andrea

monkeyinadryer, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  2. m1k30rz

m1k30rz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heres a nice little article on seeing nofollow links matey, http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seeing-nofollow-links/

m1k30rz, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  3. googsmaster

googsmaster Guest

Best Answers:
    no follow
    no seo

they are just visitors shring check the link given by m1k30rz

googsmaster, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  4. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are some softwares available to check the no follow link. One such is SEO ELITE. It will give a detailed report about the links etc. ;)

dairyman, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  5. monkeyinadryer

monkeyinadryer Peon

Best Answers:
    I read the matt cutts post. I downloaded another plugin for firefox and got the page rank and alexa buttons that came up so I can check the page ranks. I also found the highlighter for no follow links under options. So when I went to a forum, it highlighted some links to password, sign in. But how do I know if the forum site that we can comment on, adds a backlink? What would be highlighted on the page that would say this. I looked in the view page source on the homepage and I couldn't locate the no follow or do follow. Can someone check the site: tshirt-forums.com and tell me how they know if it's no follow or a do follow site. Sorry if I'm not getting this...

Andrea

monkeyinadryer, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  6. ratzilaa

ratzilaa Peon

Best Answers:
    tshirt-forums.com does not appear to exist?

If you don't want to just view the source and look for the word nofollow, you could try this: in IE7, I create a bookmark with the following instead of a URL:

javascript:(function(){var i,x;for(i=0;x=document.links[i];++i){if(x.rel&&x.rel.indexOf('nofollow')>-1){x.style.color='black';x.style.background='red';}}})();
    Code (markup):
    Clicking on this while viewing any page makes nofollows show red. (Try in on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow )

Untested in FF (by me at least)

ratzilaa, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  7. pearls

pearls Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox has an addon called searchstatus which can highlight all no-follow links.

pearls, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  8. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you mean t-shirtforums.com, then I can see 'nofollow' all over the source page - e.g.
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" width="175"> <div id="postmenu_209103"> <a rel="nofollow" class="bigusername" href="http://www.t-shirtforums.com/members/bergenandco.html">bergenandco</a> </div> <div class="smallfont">T-Shirt Lover</div> <div class="smallfont">T-Shirt Fan</div> <table align="center"

magda, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  9. AlfaGTV

AlfaGTV Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use this plugin for Firefox. It has a button "link details" wich shows the details of all links on a page and you can see if they are no follow or not.

AlfaGTV, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  10. broadbang

broadbang Banned

Best Answers:
    Use Mozilla with nofollow plugin...You can easily see sites which use nofollow in links

broadbang, Dec 30, 2007 IP
    joey112 likes this.
  11. monkeyinadryer

monkeyinadryer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. I'll give everything a try.

Andrea

monkeyinadryer, Dec 30, 2007 IP