1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get indexed in DMOZ...

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Sabbir, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello, i submitted the site
    http://www.orderlanyards.com(sorry i can't use the anchor yet. )
    1 monthe ago in DMOZ, but still they did not indexed me .

Can you please tell me how long it take for DMOZ to index a site?
    :)
    Thanks.

best wishes.

Sabbir, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  2. kingkahn

kingkahn Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah good luck with it...

kingkahn, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  3. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how much you pay the guy moderating the section you submit to.

easterwolf, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  4. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for submitting a site suggestion, Sabbir. :)

There's really no way to predict when a site might get reviewed and listed, and there are no guarantees that it will be listed.

I've listed sites that had been there just one day, and others that might have been there a year or more. This isn't deliberate, we're just understaffed compared with the steady stream of new submissions coming in daily.

We sympathize, but all editors are volunteers that edit in their spare time, which is why your submission is totally free to you. Offering to pay would be considered a bribe and you would be banned from the Directory, so don't listen to that advice.

We are accepting new editors daily (though it takes time to train them), and you're more than welcome to apply to join us, we'd be happy to have you, :).

crowbar, Dec 29, 2007 IP
    Sabbir likes this.
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with kingkahn and crowbar in that I'm wishing you the best of luck and yada yada yada ;) Though would like to point out that they do not index sites, at least not like most think of indexing them when one thinks of the internet. They list sites in an indexed fashion akin to a phonebook, but do not index them as a search engine would, as in they do not cache your data.

Most people use terms like included, inclusion, listed, and linked when dealing with a site like DMOZ.

While I can only assume you understand this, I'm just making sure...

I can not agree with this, and can not agree on multiple levels. Again, the wrong common terminology is being used. They have editors that edit, not moderators that moderate... though again, I'm assuming that you understand what's going on and are just not too keen on the proper words, then again...

I'm going to assume that you are meaning a bribe (not allowed) over simple SEO work (a grey area, but allowed). Offering a bribe or even to simply pay for a listing can and will result in the site NOT getting listed. In fact, in most cases it will result in the site NEVER getting a listing EVER. If you can find a good SEO professional, or professional Link Builder that just happens to be a ranking editor and hire that person it can often result in a DMOZ link, but under no circumstances should any words that resemble payment and words like DMOZ or ODP be ever placed too close to each other in fear that it will be considered a bribe.

Qryztufre, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  6. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you want someone to find an SEO person whi is a ranking editor in the category you want to be listed in, can you tell me how you do that without asking them and telling them you want them to work on your site to get it listed.

Be careful you might pay a dozen or so SEO people and then find out they are not editors or will not list your site or don't have the privs to do so. Once more Q, you bring up a red herring that cannot swim.

Anonymously, Dec 29, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.