1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To those that are making serious adsense money..

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kristo, Jan 21, 2006.

How many sites do you own? and how long did it take to get your first $10,000 month?

Did you have a plan or goals?

kristo, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  2. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BuildHome, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  3. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll find that people making a lot of money on Adsense have a ton -- and I mean a TON -- of sites. They rely on bulk over quality.

jackburton2006, Jan 21, 2006 IP
    mattmdesign likes this.
  4. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    Not always true. Most of the webmasters I know who makes a lot of money with AdSense do so off one site.

Moto, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  5. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with Moto on this, most of the bigger earners I know have only a handful of quality sites or less.

My experience, quantity will get you a quick buck but for the long haul quality will produce better every time.

ScottBannon, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  6. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    Quality is always better than quantity. The idea of looking after 100 small sites is just crazy to me. So intead I make one site that gets more traffic than 100 small ones.

Moto, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  7. hyipfarm

hyipfarm Peon

Best Answers:
    just one giant site can kill 100s of small ones

hyipfarm, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  8. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but I doubt any of you or your friends are making "serious" Adsense money (in the tens of thousands/day).

jackburton2006, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  9. dougyt

dougyt Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it can work for you either way, if you have the patience to get one or two sites ranking highly, and focus on ad placement for the best clickthrough rate, you can make cash, but that takes an investment in time to keep your ranking high in the search engines to get enough visitors to make it work.
    The other way will take some initial time to create the sites, and you rely on the scattergun method of having loads of sites which get less hits each to do the same job, but it takes less time as you won't be worried about them all ranking highly, one or two will create the money, and if they drop in the search rankings there's a good chance one of the others will rise.
    Maybe it's the lazy side of me, but I make as many sites as I can and put them up and wait to see what happens. All that chasing the search engines is too much like hard work as they change their ranking algorithms almost weekly meaning another rewrite of your site to maintain a position. Too much like hard work lol

dougyt, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  10. beginner

beginner Peon

Best Answers:
    Geeezzz, yeah! My first aim is not to abuse the account, find a way not to let anyone "click my banner for fun"..lol..I have experience getting my account terminated about a year ago and it was terrible! nobody trusts me..finally I manage to get an adsense account again and it is already like 7 months now..though I never get 10K a month..but its more than enough to pay a few things..

beginner, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  11. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, wait until the domains and hostings expired and you have to renew them, LOL.

my44, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  12. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, that is a yes and no answer. Because when you get to a certain level of traffic, Google is no longer your biggest money maker. I'm sure my friend Anand over at www.anandtech.com (7 million uniques and 60 million page views per month) can make tens of thousands per day off Google but he gets higher rates from private advertisers and use Google only as a default.

For me, Google is my 3rd biggest money makers. It's nice money but I don't rely on it.

Moto, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  13. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    bfft the problem with building multiple sites is getting them indexed and spidered in the search engines. It may take months to get traffic and then there is the sandbox.

I have a big site at mnakes most of my revenue (which isnt much) and a bunch of smaller crappy sites that make nill.

IamNed, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  14. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i think it depends on personal ability and site content. some make money off 5 sites. some make serious amount from one.

devin, Jan 22, 2006 IP