1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best type of website to invest in?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jon1771, Dec 27, 2007.

Hello Everyone,

I have recently sold my website. I have a budget of about $750 and want to invest it in a website, whether it is established or not.

What is the best website to buy to make money?

Some ebook websites make a nice profit and some hosting websites, but i dont have alot of time or experience, so i need something that is easy to maintain.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jon1771, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you can make own ebooks and site that would be highest paying if you write ebook everyone wants.

rcj662, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much could a good ebook website make? (If it is only selling a single ebook)

Also what is the most popular type of ebook?

Jon1771, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  4. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should use wordtracker to find a popular key phrase (more than 600 searches) which only a few people are using. Buy a domain name with this phrase and spend the money on content for the website.

siflur, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  5. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience all money making websites require work... so forget about buying a profitable website and putting it on autopilot. You will eventually stop making money on that kind of website.

If you are looking for a good INVESTMENT that will also make you money without much work:

Buy a good DOMAIN NAME that has type-in traffic

A good domain name can be had for under/about $1000 but you get a few advantages over a website:

1. Type in traffic is always there (and grows naturally)
    2. You can start fresh with your own content
    3. ANY SEO will result in increased traffic
    4. The domain itself holds value and as soon as you attach a website to it you will increase that value.
    5. If you're TOTALLY lazy you can even just park it and make a couple dollars.

that's my advice.

itsme, Dec 27, 2007 IP
    Pinup Girl likes this.
  6. Kevin T Perry

Kevin T Perry Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with itsme. Take your $750 and invest in some domain names.....4 letter domains to be more specific. The last 4 letter domains were registered in November, so the only way to get them is in the aftermarket. I just recently sold 2 four letter domains for over $30 each, and that price will rise as the months go on. Currently, three letter domains are selling in the hundreds, but no earlier than a year ago you could purchase one for $20-$30. There is no doubt in my mind that the same thing will happen with 4 letter domains.

Ebay has many domains for sale (Computers and Internet > Domain Names), and I would also check GoDaddy.com Aftermarket as well as Sedo.com

Kevin T Perry, Dec 28, 2007 IP