1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by goodman0000, Dec 24, 2007.

Hey gang

I'm looking for way's to make my myspace page more visible to searches within the myspace community.

So when someone is searching for something using the myspace search, that my web page will come up in the listings for various related categories

Any tips?

If Keywords is one of the tips what is the best way to use them?

goodman0000, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Use keywords in the page or page title

rcj662, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  3. CSSDevMonkey

CSSDevMonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    Goodman0000,

Use your keywords in the headings and titles. Write or re-write the content of your profile so that it uses the keywords you wanna rank for. Make sure to use actual HTML and that the HTML is semantic. For example, if you have a high level heading, such as your name or the main subject of your profile, it should be within an <h1></h1> and then use heading tags that cascade in level, for each lower level headings. ie. <h2>, <h3>, etc... Here are a few additional tips:
    1. All body text should be in <p></p>
    2. Use <strong></strong> and <em></em> tags to emphasize certain keywords
    3. I'm not really sure how well linking to other sites, from within your profile, but you can also apply links to some of your keywords, that have relative content to your profile or keyword.

Where you put your name, that goes in the title of the page, so make sure you use your most important keyword there, such as your name or subject of profile.

That is for the most part all you can really do for myspace profiles, as far as on-page practices go. Some of the guru's might be able to give more input or further explain what I said.

You can also do some off-page stuff, such as backlinks, which is where you get other popular and RELATED sites with high PR to link to your myspace profile. It is important that the content on the sites linking to your profile, have relative information to you profiles content. Google will see that and it can help your profile's ranking.

Some ways you can get backlinks to your site is:
    • post a blog about something related to your blog, then add a couple links to your profile. make sure the links are on keywords within the content.
    • have other people post a blog or article about your profile, and that they use some of the keywords you use in your profile's content, and that there are links back to your profile.
    • Post links to your profile in forums, via your signature, or link keywords in a post in your thread to your profile.

That is pretty much the extent of my knowledge when it comes to doing SEO/SEM for a myspace profile. I'm sure there are several other techniques or practices out there, and that someone here on DP can give some insight.

Hope that helps.

CSSDevMonkey, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  4. goodman0000

goodman0000 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for for all this information it helps big time :)

goodman0000, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  5. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think to make it visible to searches within the community, you should participate vigorously to their forum, blog and friend networking.

bobchrist, Dec 24, 2007 IP
    goodman0000 likes this.
  6. CSSDevMonkey

CSSDevMonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree, optimize the opportunity to use the various community/social networking tools in Myspace to improve your profile's ranking not only within Myspace search which is powered by Google (hint hint), but as well as Google, Yahoo, Ask.com and MSN.

Utilize your signature in your forum accounts, that's an automatic backlink everytime you make a post in a forum if you have a link to your profile in your sig. Since Myspace has a high PR, that can help you with your Google ranking.

CSSDevMonkey, Dec 27, 2007 IP
    goodman0000 likes this.
  7. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    get tons of friends, it will help also

sweetlouise, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  8. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    More friends, the more visible you are :) Same with the principle behind sites such as StumbleUpon, the more friends you have the more important you are. With Google the more links you have, the more important you are, etc. Play with your keywords as well but unless you already have an obscene amount of friends (100k+) then I'd suggest focusing on finding ways to get more.

Gallito, Dec 27, 2007 IP
    goodman0000 likes this.
  9. goodman0000

goodman0000 Peon

Best Answers:
    some good info thanks !

goodman0000, Dec 28, 2007 IP