1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ran a test to see if BUYING HIGH PR links will make a differnce in SERPS

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bigbody300, Dec 27, 2007.

Hi guys

So I always wondered if buying links from HIGH PR domains - if it will help in getting your site into GOOGLE SERPS WHEN YOUR DOMAIN IS BRAND NEW!

Well i bought a domain with the topic of FOREX, I paid for links to my site on 4 sites with PR of 4-6 that also have the topic of FOREX.

the result is IT DID GET ME ON THE FIRST PAGE..from no ranking to the 1st page. Of course i did all the SEO code needed, and built a website of 20 pages, and TONS of unique content...i have done this same thing for other sites (but DID NOT buy any links from high PR sites) - and I have had no success in ranking..and their topics are much less competitive..

Maybe this will help some of you that have always wondered if this WHOLE BUYING LINKS would work...WELL IT DID - I AM SO HAPPY! i will leave it for a while - and then add adsense to it.

This may not work for sites that are aiming for SERIUOS competition like VIAGARA...but it worked for me!

bigbody300, Dec 27, 2007 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    They can never stop it totaly but google doe snot like buying links for pr. I am sure it does work sometimes

rcj662, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. bigbody300

bigbody300 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    also I am #1 for a niche forex keyterm, and #6 for a generic FOREX keyterm!!!!

bigbody300, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  4. bigbody300

Best Answers:
    ***UPDATE***

I added some comments on some PR 6-7 sites I know of..and within 8 hours it showed up in the google link checker "link: www.yourdomainname.com"

HIGH PR sites do have SOME REAL Value...i just did this today...and WOW! I will see if it helps in SERPS

bigbody300, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  5. crystak

crystak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, it's obvious that they have value but in time there is a high chance you might get caught if these pages are manually reviewed.

crystak, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  6. bigbody300

Best Answers:
    well my comment about Value is that many people DO NO BELIEVE PR has the value it does..and now i feel differently...thats what i meant

Jim4767 likes this.
  7. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much was your investment?

anarmyofme, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  8. bigbody300

Best Answers:
    i spent only $50

9. bigbody300

Best Answers:
    also i dont care to gain PR on my site - I just want to be ranked high in google to get the floods of traffic..

10. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you buy links on DP?

dnk, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  11. bigbody300

Best Answers:
    yes i did - DP ROCKS!

12. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a very positive test (imo) proving that PR actually does matter in terms of serps.

Edit: And yes, I do know that you can rank high in serps without PR links.

anarmyofme, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  13. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    can you please let us know the timeframe? like when was the site registered, when did you start buying links, and when your site sratted to show on on SE result? thanks

sultanofseo, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  14. bigbody300

Best Answers:
    Sure - the site was regsistered 3 weeks ago, i bought links 1 week after ( i put the site up 2 days after registering it) and then 3 days later i was in google SERPS

bigbody300, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  15. rushy

rushy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would anticipate your site to drop out of the rankings in the next week or so.

Google's algorythm indexes well optimised sites very highly when they are first indexed for about a week or so but then shortly afterwards, they drop into the 'sandbox' only to return when google truly believes the links are worth it. My advice to you would be to pay for those links for the next 6 months and do not move them or else you run the risk of G identifying you as a link buyer and thus being penalised for it.

rushy, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  16. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True but if bigbody300 is ranking for a general forex keyword then that leads me to believe its the result of his pr and not a temporary high ranking because of the sites newness. Forex is a moderately competitive niche and ranking high for even short tailed keywords is difficult from the start.

Despite the risk of getting caught, buying links for pr is still one of the fastest ways to rise in the serps. The downside is that it is also the quickest way to get banned from G. The obvious is that if you are not on the first couple pages you get little traffic. Therefore, the incentive to pursue paid high pr links is very real and will continue to be that way until G changes the way they rank sites.

Thanks for sharing your test results bigbody300. Please do us a favor and post back with your results in 2-4 weeks and let us know how your site is doing.

snowbird, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  17. webgrafix

webgrafix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bigbody...
    Excellent writeup!

Can I quote you when selling links??? :)

I am running similar test on some new startup sites of my own.

webgrafix, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  18. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Nice test, glad it's working out for you :)
    This is a nice way to get traffic to a site, a few high pr links followed up by a constant supply of low pr links.

Brandon Sheley, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  19. rushy

rushy Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, absolutely, paying for links is still a vital part of a healthy SEO campaign, my caution to bigboddy (and other new site owners) was just to hold onto his links for a good few months at least, or run the risk of being identified as a link buyer.

If you buy links in blocks of say 6-9 months at a time, especially if you add 2 new sites per month, you create an impression of a naturally growing popularity and there should be no way G can identify your paid links.

Of course, don't quote me on that ;-)

Would be very interested though to see how sustainable the position is over the next few weeks.

rushy, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  20. webgrafix

webgrafix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone elaborate on that? The biggest risk that I see (especially right now) is for the site selling the links. Google is hitting the PR of those site as it tries to bully it's way into the text link sales business.

webgrafix, Dec 29, 2007 IP