1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help with the Yahoo search engine

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nicerolex, Jan 19, 2006.

Is their a guide to gaining better ranking on yahoo I just opened my new site www.nicerolex.com and i'm having a hard time getting onto it. I understand what google is looking for however Yahoo is questionable. Is their a list of times when Yahoo updates their search engine and exactly what do I need to get a good ranking on it. Thanks in advance.

nicerolex, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  2. mochilero

mochilero Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's what works for me.

1. Go to www.blogger.com and start a blog (it's free and relatively simple).

2. Make a post to your blog. You can just say whatever you want.

3. Open a MyYahoo account at www.yahoo.com (again, this is free).

4. Subscribe to your own blog through your MyYahoo homepage. This is a bit tricky, but they do guide you on how to do this.

5. Post something on your blog, along with links to any pages you want Yahoo to index.

6. Use www.pingomatic.com or another free "ping" service, to let Yahoo and others know that you have updated your blog.

I just post on my blog about my new pages now, include a link, and usually they are in the Yahoo index in two days. This won't get you great placement (you still need to get incoming links, use good keywords, etc), but it will get the pages indexed. Good luck,

Steve

http://www.999Ideas.com

mochilero, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  3. devAngel

devAngel Banned

Best Answers:
    great tip...yeah acutlly it works. How long does your site stays on the position? mine is currently on the number 1 on Yahoo.just wondering thou..

devAngel, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  4. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any problems getting Yahoo to index my sites, but i do find them to be tougher than MSN and not as consistent as Google as far as SEO results are concerned.

I always just let my sites get indexed naturally as I build links. That approach has always worked for me.

adamjthompson, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  5. texisman

texisman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe his question is about getting better ranking in yahoo, not how to get indexed. The best way to get a higher ranking is just many,many quality relevant links.The fastest and easiest way to be indexed though, in any search engine is to just purchase a link from a site with a lot of traffic, that should have you indexed within a couple days. Hope that helps.

texisman, Jan 20, 2006 IP
  6. ayush

ayush Peon

Best Answers:
    Just get relevant links...

Getting quality backlinks is probably the only sureshot way of doing it.

ayush, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  7. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo indexed my site immedietly after I did the blogger trick.

nicerolex, Jan 21, 2006 IP