1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube video marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by webdigo, Dec 25, 2007.

I am thinking of starting a Youtube video campaign. Anybody have experience doing it? How much traffic you can get with a regular video from youtube?

webdigo, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  2. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok. First of all you shouldn't focus solely on YouTube. Look into to using the service Traffic Geyser. I think the URL is trafficgeyser.com. Basically it submits to all of the video sites. You will have to manually create an account on all of those sites, but once that is complete, you will be able to submit your video to all of the video sites.

Marketing on video sites is no piece of cake like some people make it out to be. I have seen a lot of people with different types of marketing campaigns on there that only have around 100 views or less.

If you are going to do a video campaign then you are definitely going to have to provide some very real content. Don't do this slideshow BS that you are hearing about. It just doesn't work. You really need to focus on building your campaign. It make take several months to establish that base, but once established it should do well, if your product's site converts well with non video traffic.

To establish the base you are going to have to upload very relevant videos to whatever you are wanting to market. Most sites allow you to create multiple accounts, for multiple uses. Pick a niche and keep an account specific to that niche. Upload the videos and wait for the small amount of views to come in.

Once you start getting the views start posting more videos, to get that small group of viewers to come back. Make certain there are links to your site both in the video and on the details of the video. Do keyword research on the product you are marketing and title your videos accordingly with those keywords.

Don't post long videos. People don't have the time or patience to watch a 10 minute video. Keep the videos around 2 to 3 minutes long. If you have to make a series, that is fine. If they are interested they will watch the whole series. If they are not, then they won't.

Also don't use spammy tactics like putting graphic/adult images as the preview shot. The idea is to get targeted traffic, not a lot of untargeted traffic. Also check to see which videos are getting the most traffic in that niche you chose. Copy their tactics, but do it very carefully, because you don't want to look like a copycat. Copycats are usually crucified on YouTube.

Also don't worry about getting your video copied. Believe me you want this to happen, if you have made the video correctly. By that I mean that you must always have your signature throughout the video. As an example you could have a header or footer with your website name through the entire video, or you could mention it during, before or after the video.

If you do that part right, you won't have to worry about your content being claimed by someone else. They may make fun of your video, or do other weird remixes with it, but as long as the website name is somewhere in the video you should get traffic from their efforts. This won't always be the case, but better to get a little traffic, than no traffic from having your work pirated.

Another tactic you can use is by posting comments on competitors videos, even going as far as posting video comments. The best way to get traffic this way is to introduce yourself as "john doe" with blahblahblah.com. You get your site mentioned in the beginning, and then signoff the sameway at the end. Don't mention the site during your response, unless it is very relevant. Otherwise it will seem spammy. Don't post negative comments either, as this could rub potential viewers/clients the wrong way, leaving a bad impression of you in their minds.

Just be postive, confident, and enthusiastic in your videos and you will do fine. I hope this post was helpful and rep-worthy. :eek: Did I say that out loud? Oops. :D :p

jjpmarketing, Dec 25, 2007 IP
    Tiresias, devin and wizardofx like this.
  3. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    YouTube traffic can vary drastically, depending on your niche and the quality of the videos you release. Obviously the funny, extreme, sexy, ect. videos will preform well as far as attracting visitors, but if the videos are not relevant to your site content, your conversions will be pretty low.

I run a youtube video campaign that supports my Video Blog. I get between 100-500 uniques a day directly from youtube, but my direct traffic has skyrocketed. I attribute this to the video branding work I have done.

Because I present quality, relevant content on my video blog my CTR and AdSense earnings are quite high. Never underestimate the power of a six-letter domain and a funny or outrageous video.:D

Union, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  4. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    That is very interesting. I just registered a very unique 9 letter domain not too long ago. I may be trying to pull a lot of traffic via video from sites like youtube.

jjpmarketing, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  5. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the most important thing is to have a unique and interesting video that will capture peoples attention and make them remember your url and go visit the site.

jasonk1234, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  6. webdigo

webdigo Banned

Best Answers:
    Very good tips. Thanks guys.
    I have minimal experience making videos. Can I hire somebody do that for me? How much it may cost?

webdigo, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  7. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    Youtube marketing is good.It will make ur site more popular.So start with it!

pulikuttann, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  8. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I paid for this service from a guy posting on DP ...

No relevant result (although the site has a very good conversion rate)

:(

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  9. Asif2BD

Asif2BD Peon

Best Answers:
    U need to take time, understand completely. And only then u could expect some. I uploaded only twice. My Video got 6000 views on first day. Is not much good bt view is not that much matter for traffic always.

Asif2BD, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  10. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depend on content, if it is good one and interesting you will find people sharing it and making viral. :)

bobchrist, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  11. sunnyday

sunnyday Guest

Best Answers:
    interesting.

sunnyday, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  12. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    The main thing is that we can't trace the traffic.

pulikuttann, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  13. farizal

farizal Peon

Best Answers:
    jjpmarketing,

thanks for your tips & advice :) I am truly appreciated it. it can be my guide for my next campaigns ;)

farizal, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  14. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean you can't trace where the traffic is coming from by ip address? You should be able to once they are on your site. If your site loads in their browser awstats or whatever program you are using should be able to track the ip address somehow. Unless it is just grabbing the ip address from YouTube's site. I would think it would only grab youtube's URL, and then the user's ip address. If it doesn't then you should be able to find a script that tracks a user's ip address when they visit your site. A lot of affiliate programs use this to track affiliate marketers' sales.

jjpmarketing, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  15. webdigo

webdigo Banned

Best Answers:
    Tracking is very important. I thought Google analytics or similar stat softwares would show traffic coming from youtube.com or so.
    Does anybody have experience on this issue?

webdigo, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  16. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recently recieved a comment on one of my youtube vids saying they went to my site after watching my video and they found it helpful so they thanked me and I felt pretty good about it

jasonk1234, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  17. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I used a dedicated domain name and tools to trace the traffic of course ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  18. massivepunker

massivepunker Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post JJp. you gave me an idea :)

massivepunker, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  19. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    You are very welcome. May I ask what idea I gave you? Or what part of my post inspired that idea?

jjpmarketing, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  20. stickycarrots

stickycarrots Peon

Best Answers:
    how much traffic can you get from youtube how do you get to the front page

stickycarrots, Dec 27, 2007 IP