1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Proxy Hosting OK] $1.23 per month, 20 GB Disk Space/200 GB Bandwidth | OSHQ.com

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by oTourneysDOTcom, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaddict

surfaddict Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    is there anyone who get a free host from Chandrax, the account also been suspended. So, as a free user what happen to me? I also got my own account with you. So, did i need to recreate my site since Chandrax already banned from DP and i don't know how to contact him :( (another sad story)

This was totally the most bad situation for me. Got a free account also from the same server and now it totally gone. Somebody please advice me on this. Thanks

surfaddict, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  2. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    if Chandrax was banned ... every account was banned under his reseller account unfortunately , so i think is no chance to change the things ...

newzone, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  3. sensitiveheart_4

sensitiveheart_4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i want the refund

i have moved my sites and now i want the refund

i'm very pissed and frustrated

sensitiveheart_4, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  4. SqlByte

SqlByte Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is it me or the database isn't working ? And where is our cpanel login now ? was it domain.com/admin ?
    Will this hosting be working or should i start looking for new one ? :/

SqlByte, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  5. mellow-h

mellow-h Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cpanel logins are usually: http://domain.com/cpanel or http://domain.com:2082

Regards

mellow-h, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  6. oTourneysDOTcom

oTourneysDOTcom Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

You are 100% correct!

oTourneysDOTcom, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  7. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think everyone needs to realize the sheer volume of customers Hostparlor amassed. Iwhic now has those customers and is trying to transfer the accounts. OSHQ was one of those hosted by Hostparlor for proxies. Hostparlors servers are having issues, thats not IWHIC or OSHQ's fault they are caught in the middle just like all of you and I are. Pissing and moaning about it on the forums only infuriates you (you don't get the response you want) and it misguides people who might buy theses two companies product. Stop abusing the forum, try support, I have found both companies support very friendly. We are all frustrated but most companies run on a shoestring budget, for them to reimburse funds for something not in their control is not a good business practice. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, THESE 2 COMPANIES CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU UP TO DATE WITH ANY PROGRESS, UNLIKE OTHER RESELLER, SELLERS SUCH AS EMOPUNK, IZANMAD, and BABYDOLL. Give it a rest and give them a chance.

jflattery, Dec 24, 2007 IP
    ZeroCapacity likes this.
  8. InFloW

InFloW Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well sorry to break it to you but it is OSHQ's fault for the down time. They choose a provider and they choose wrong. This is exactly the same as a host with dozens of servers co-located somewhere. If the network is constantly down well that's still on the host for choosing the wrong provider.

Every time we have down time whether it was our fault or not (maybe bad connectivity at the datacenter) it is still a mistake on our part for choosing a provider and our SLA still is going to be valid. Why it should be different for someone who has a reseller account with some host is beyond me.

InFloW, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  9. Boulder

Boulder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Yes, InFloW is correct.. We (the hostee's) have paid OSHQ's as the host! We have bought and paid for hosting from OSHQ's and not from Hostparlors or IWHIC! Basically, I could give a flying fuck what problems Hostparlors or IWHIC are having.. That is of no concern to us as hostee's (whom bought hosting from OSHQ's) and should not even be used as an excuse by OSHQ.. Because, ultimately it is their responsibility to honor their service or product that they themselves advertised and marketed to the consumers. Regardless of whos fault it is, it is still the responsibility of the seller to honor the product..

So, to me it matters none, where OSHQ gets their service from.. What matters to us as hostee's is what is owed to us.. I personally feel maybe a bit more strongly about this than perhaps some of the others that spent $1 or $2 dollars.. as this company owes me a year of hosting.. so for me it is more like $1 or $2 x 12 = owed.

Not a whole lot of money. Yet, is enough for me not to just say whatever about.

This illusion of saying, well it is not our fault is a fucking joke! That would be like if you had money in your bank account and all the bank's money got robbed.. You call to ask the bank, "Where is all my money?" And the bank replies with, "Well we had a break in and all your money is gone! It is not our fault and we are not paying it back!"

No, it truly may not be the banks fault.. However who do you think is responsible?

Boulder

Boulder, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  10. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    They chose a provider the same way I did, they chose someone they thought was dependable, someone who aprised them of every little change and kept the lines of communication open. They chose Hostparlor, he left because he had to move. I also chose Hostparlor for those same reasons, chiefly communication, they kept an open dialog with customers, many have not done that. I have been burned three times so far. At least OSHQ is communicating and telling you what the issue is and attempting to fix it. Many hosts blame the customer, suspend or terminate them and move on. All I am saying is let them work through this, OSHQ is trying to make good on a bad situation..

jflattery, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  11. surfaddict

surfaddict Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So is that mean, i lost all my DB and need to recreate my site?

surfaddict, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  12. Shawn_SycoBlue

Shawn_SycoBlue Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I love how this entire thread basically details why not to deal with resellers, especially those who oversell.

Shawn_SycoBlue, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  13. oTourneysDOTcom

oTourneysDOTcom Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Please don't classify us as a "Reseller," because that is not correct. We have not been a reseller for a long time.

We have two dedicated servers now and will be adding on another gigantic one soon. Our current datacenter does not permit proxies.

oTourneysDOTcom, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  14. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I bought exonomic plan a while ago. Does it mean that you don't offer the hosting service anymore? If yes, I would like a refund. My registered domain is unbanyoutube.info.

ColorWP.com, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  15. ljastangs21

ljastangs21 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    just wondering but when do you expect all the problems to be worked out?

ljastangs21, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  16. Browning

Browning Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Good luck with that:mad:

Browning, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  17. Leriss

Leriss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

I'm glad to say that I've just finished editing the DNS Zones finally. Everything should get back to normal now.

If anyone has any questions or somehow he's website won't work within the next 24 hours ( remember about setting nameservers) please head to http://support.oshq.com and create a support ticket and include your domain name.

Regards and Merry Xmas to everyone,
    Adam.

Leriss, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  18. newzone

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    finally a better news

newzone, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  19. Leriss

Leriss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If anyone wants to make sure if their DNS Zone is edited he can post the URL of the domain and I'll make sure that it is and reply back. I've been Editing those for over 3 hours today and there is a 0.1% chance that I've missed one or two domains ( just human ).

Leriss, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  20. newzone

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    proxy-list.co.uk

newzone, Dec 25, 2007 IP
Thread Status: