1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are ads higher paid in own language?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Sjoerd-pop, Dec 24, 2007.

I don't have an answer for this, but what do you think. If you're from a smaller country like me, and you have a website in that language, would ads be more worth? (irrespective of traffic, CTR, etc. just the worth of one click)

Sjoerd-pop, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  2. infodude

infodude Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure if ads higher paid in own language? But non-english will have fewer ads to show.

infodude, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  3. ProgMania

ProgMania Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I am pretty sure about that. If your country is small and is a "rich" country you can get higher CPC

ProgMania, Dec 24, 2007 IP
    Sjoerd-pop likes this.
  4. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    It's depend on whether rich or not.

India is one of large countries that i have heard some of people said who only got low paying.

Adulu, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  5. Sjoerd-pop

Sjoerd-pop Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, as you can see I'm from the Netherlands, I guess it's one of europe's richer coutry's. So you think I could get high cpc? Thanx for the replies:)

Sjoerd-pop, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  6. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think English language ads offer the highest payout based on what I have read in this forum.

cool_78, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  7. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i publish in 4 languages with large traffic in each language
    fr, de, es, en

my experience over the past 3 yrs with adsense is

it is NOT the language that is important for the adsense $ but the origin of the surfers and the overall economical strength/health of a language culture.

example english in / for asian sites about asian topics is hightest so far
    obvious because asia might be the strongest economical geographical area on this planet all over - and the fastest growing and most populated as well.

german section is usually the highest $ but smaller in traffic because all 3 german speaking countries are financially far stronger than global average

spanish is the lowest paying $ - that too makes sense when looking at my es speaking countries of visitors-origin ( besides spain ) most come from mexico across all central and south america - hence from an economically much weaker area of this plkanet.

similar to fr

in future other NON-en languages such as ru, cn etc may outgrow en based adsense $ as these countries have the potential to boom while US and other en countries are plunging into recession or at least into a period of delicate and fragile financial health ( banking/mortgage cirises )

my recommendation

if you are multilingual - BE multilingual in www as well.
    while my recently added fr and es sections have lowest eCPM ... and thus have pushed my originally 2 digits eCPM a little below 2 digits, the total $ amount arising from these LARGE new market areas by far outperforms the small overall drop in eCPM.

if you have however a "small" lnaguage such as HL or skandinavian languages or any other ... PLUS a global visitor population, then of course the ads shown may be of limited interest geographically to ppl from outer continental areas.

hence ADD topics, sections, services to your site with global interest to earn global $ for your site/country.

hans, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Few ads to show low paying becouse is not a good competitin

the good thing on own country sites is easy to bring good traffic ....

w3bmaster, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  9. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    every country and thus its language have priorities
    depending on your country's economic priorities some topics may be low paying while others may be high.

hence you have to know your country and the NEED of your country. if your web site fulfills a generic NEED of your country and its population / industry, then you will have lots of competing advertisers
    else
    you may have empty ad units on your pages.

example

Boracay island
    there are days when the local hotel industry is fighting to fill the rooms for coming weekends - a few days / week around mid week all ad-$ are going double ...
    then on weekends none of the resort owners thinks about advertising - because his room sare full.

but the overall NEED to advertise make the boracay pages a top and the philippine pages as well. they fulfill a need for tourists AND tourist industry and thus pay well. some days much more other days less. but always well.

similar to each and every other country.
    where does the country get its money from ?
    where do the PEOPLE get their money from ?

that is where you can HELP to improve success/progress of an entire country by supporting your country/language sector with your qualified articles and content.

small country or large country is of no importance
    important always is if that country has an active/dynamic economy and industry - if that country has something of true value to offer to the world or its own citizens.
    focus on the values of a country and promote the strong values - that will bring you more traffic and thus $ than to focus on the problems or weaknesses of a country.

now back to an earlier article about holland

tulips - flowers - windmills, etc is what holland is known for
    but what are the prices of such products ?
    if your country offers mostly cheap products in huge masses like tulips, it may be difficult to achieve high adsense $
    unless you create a specialized section for ecards, wallpapers ...
    all about tulips, dutch flowers, windmills and sceneries

hans, Dec 24, 2007 IP